Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Hmmmmm or building up some brownie points

weeeeellllll it is the option of last resort Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

My sincere apologies. Seems the less than perfect flying weather has coincided with my stated intentions of getting down to the field to meet y'all.
Will get there one day.

FYI new Members or others thinking of coming down This weekend

Unfortunately Due to recent bad weather our field is practically unusable this weekend, Hence No one Flying this weekend at Prcac

Our Field Tends to Flood when we get Several Days of hard down pour and takes a little while to recover To be able to Drive in and use Runway Again.

We try and keep Everyone Informed when we can in Field Condition Thread and also in This Thread of the Condition of Field and who's Flying This weekend, if Flying is Happening.

You May see members from Time To Time posting on here about going down for a fly after a deluged of Rain, They are talking about just calling in whenever they have a moment free, Walking In and they are only hand launching their models and hoping to find a dry bit of grass to land on again.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(01-02-2013, 04:34 PM)f1worldchamp Wrote:  My sincere apologies. Seems the less than perfect flying weather has coincided with my stated intentions of getting down to the field to meet y'all.
Will get there one day.

No need to blame yourself champ, we already have our patsie for that. Every now & then he insults the rain gods, apparently not necessarily on this forum, but when he does they take their revenge on our field. We think it has something to do with the fact that he finds so little time to join us at the field, too busy flying the real thing. Or maybe the rain gods are jealous of his golden tonsils which change colour when he talks to the weather gods.

I thought it was because I decreed that I would attend the field to fly every week. It seems that every time I get serious about putting hard repetitions this happens.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Am super keen to get my new MX2 into the air tomorrow for it's maiden (and nervous at the same time) and Willy has promised light winds with a minimal chance of afternoon showers. Intend opening up & setting up pilot box & cones ready for flight 8am ish.
Did not put larger wheels on the MX2, so does anybody know how long the grass is? (said with guilty feeling of not being part of the mowing brigade)

Wayne, the strip has had a short back and sides, so you shouldn't have any problems with small wheels.

I intend on flying Sunday morning if the weather is favourable.

Chris M

Thanks Chris, the efforts are appreciated.

I am flying out West today.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Won't be flying today as Rob B is coming over so we can do some filming for the MAAA stuff.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Haven't seen anybody posting about flying this morning yet, so I suppose it's me again. I should be there about 8.15 -8.30 for those interested in joining me.
Cheers guys

Good to meet up with some members today, pitty it cost me a canopy but that's a lesson learnt.
Look forward to catching up again and possibly meeting more members.
Wife willing Smile
Have a good week all!

(08-02-2013, 10:12 PM)chrism Wrote:  I intend on flying Sunday morning if the weather is favourable.

Looks like your itinerary was altered Chris Frown
Sorry we didn't see you there - you'd done all the hard-yards and didn't get to take advantage of the outcome. That's not the way it should be!

Steve Murray

(10-02-2013, 02:26 PM)smuzz Wrote:  
(08-02-2013, 10:12 PM)chrism Wrote:  I intend on flying Sunday morning if the weather is favourable.

Looks like your itinerary was altered Chris Frown
Sorry we didn't see you there - you'd done all the hard-yards and didn't get to take advantage of the outcome. That's not the way it should be!

I'm just pleased to see that those who had an opportunity to take advantage of the conditions put them to good use. Anyway I've known others to do similar - eh Steve.

Also I got a good dose of airtime on Saturday in something a little larger, which means I have to use my brownie points wisely - I'm getting close to solo!

Cheers
Chris M

(10-02-2013, 06:03 PM)chrism Wrote:  ...
Also I got a good dose of airtime on Saturday in something a little larger, which means I have to use my brownie points wisely - I'm getting close to solo!
Ah, well - at least you weren't home doing chores around the house! Smile

Steve Murray

(10-02-2013, 01:28 PM)TopGun Wrote:  Good to meet up with some members today, pitty it cost me a canopy but that's a lesson learnt.
Look forward to catching up again and possibly meeting more members.
Wife willing Smile
Have a good week all!
After losing (& fortunately finding) a canopy off a Trojan which was only held on by 1 magnet & mating steel plate, I glued & taped 2 sets of button rare earth magnets (from Hobby king) and now have to add tape to grab hold of, to pull magnets apart & remove canopy.

Hi Guys,
I haven't been down for a couple of weeks now so I intend on making ammends, I will be flying tomorrow (Saturday - early) till around 11am.
See you down there.

Chris M BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Hoping to get down tommorow for a couple of hours, will post in morning.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hope to catch you there Steve. I forgot to grab those FRsky bits off you today.
It was all a bit rushed

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I had to come into work for an hour this morning and the weather has been pretty good thus far, I hope to get down later this morning for a few hours if the weather stays fine.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Looks like a wash out for this one gents.
Build em if you got em!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

And again Frown

... and my big non slip stick heads turned up too Upset

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Another weekend of online PRCAC flying on Phoenix. I guess it saves a lot of money in repairs. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi Guys,
No model flying for me this W/E unfortunately so I will hopefully get an hour in tonight before dark.

Cheers
Chris M

No flying for me tomorrow .... Sunday looks a goer if all goes well.

Kev, have a box of goodies as well as your request.

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Not for me either. I haven't flown for ages. Maybe next w/e.

I will be at the field to open up between 8.00 & 8.30 to set up cones & pilot box. Hopefully I wont be alone for long. Morning winds are looking favourable with a low 10% chance of showers. Strip freshly mown today, should be a good day.

If anyone needs a Buddy, I,m Heading Down shortly,

Steve

Please note: the gate is blocked today! Unfortunately, it's a matter of parking outside and walking in only.

UPDATE: All clear - the gates are now open and driving in as usual is possible!

Steve Murray

Hi all,

Sorry but i have to work Tommorow Morning so i cannot be Done To Buddy in the Morning, But i may get down there by 11 am if all goes well.

Steve

Thread Closed