Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Anyone ?

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(14-12-2012, 11:34 PM)samste Wrote:  Anyone ?

Yip - for sure!
However, I'm heading to Brighthobbies (106 Derby Street, Silverwater) tomorrow for their Xmas sale which starts at 10:00am. Then off to the field later on.

Steve Murray

Not for me today as I am occupied elsewhere and tomorrow I was thinking of the PEMAC Xmas party.

Chris M

I'll be down later this morning. Provided the sky doesn't get more threatening!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Batteries charged, weather good... and no sleep courtesy of some small people.

No flying for me today (and busy tomorrow). Sorry Frank R, we'll get that quadrotor transitioning during the holidays for sure!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I hope to get down for a fly some time tomorrow

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The Weather looks terriffic today and the weather bureau has done a backflip, so I guess I will see you all down at the field.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Fark!!!! They're back and blocking the entry to PRCAC. The fields a no vehicular access again today.....

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

There is entry into McCoy field today, but you will need to turn into the driveway about 50 metres from the actual driveway and go via the industrial parking lot. Look for the witches hats or ask the Power Company guys for directions - Thanks to Gazza for arranging this.

Hi Guy's

Possibly be down Tommorow Morning early for an hour or two if i can.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I will not be flying this weekend at all, I will be flying Monday... weather permitting!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Like Steve B I hope to be down at the field early for an hour or two.

I'll make the call in the morning

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Flying This arvo ? Tommorow ?

Was there today, great conditions!!
Hoping to be there tomorrow till about 1:00

Tomorrow morning for me. Christmas shopping today.

I'll B flyin Mundy doods!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Heading down this morning

Half your luck ay Smile

Whish I was there, but instead I'm here, at work but I'll be leaving soon tho' only to pick up a big list of stuff from the shops

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(23-12-2012, 09:07 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I'll B flyin Mundy doods!

Wish I could join you today.... But I have an item arriving ....
Garry, could you give me some advice on a new transmitter ?
I'm thinking of increasing the amount of channels and changing to mode 2... that seems more comfortable and natural for me.
My current unit is the Spektrum DX-6 I Mode 1.
Cheers,
Steve

Buy a TX is a personal thing... my opinion might be completely different to someone elses... but I am more than happy to discuss a better radio.
I'm a Spectrum/JR man so if you are after advise then that is the direction I would be suggesting.
I use the JR 11X and in my humble opinion it is pretty much all you will need until you start flying BIG planes and even then you can do Power box mixes to expand on the Radio's 11 channels
If you are thinking about changing to Mode 2 then do it now before you get too comftorable with Mode 1. Changing later is likely to generate a number of dumb thumb issues. So change now, and then spend quite a bit of time on your sim re teaching your brain to thumbs the new motor control functions before taking to the sky with one of your expensive aircraft.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Agree with Gaz, on both counts I'm a JR man too and I use 9XII for for my bigger planes. With this radio I can plug in different RF modules, but it doesn't have the model safe feature. Gazz's 11X does.
I allways include a conferm the corcet program memory in my pre flight checks along with checking control surfaces work, as well as, work in the right direction.

The good reason to use mode one is that you have the two main primary controlls on different sticks this seperates the use of the two. It also makes it much easier for a right handed person to hand launch a model as he still has control of the elevator and rudder on the left side. For a left handed person mode 2 makes for the perfect hand launch but it means that both primary controls are opperated by the least dominant hand/thumb which makes it harder to learn. Most right handed people who fly mode 2 have some trouble hand launching models, even tho they may be excellent pilots.

aside from the above points , which are very relavant if you give them some thought .
i find it strange anyone would consider switching modes unless they are a beginner starting out .
aside from the above mentioned facts . i would imagine channel mixes and expo would be difficult to master using mode 2 .
the one about hand launching with your right arm using mode to is a big one that should not be overlooked .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Willy is looking kindly upon us tomorrow & thanks to the mowing brigade, should be a cracker day for flying.
Being an early riser I will be there early (8am ish)as usual & set up the field for flying. See you there guys.
Wayne

Good on you Wayne - the advance party is always appreciated by those of us for whom mornings are unwelcome.

If you hadn't have posted, I'd have thought that it would have been a lonely morning there tomorrow!

Steve Murray

Precisely the reason I keep harping on about the importance of posting what time the gates will be opened. Not all of our regulars are able to open them & I for one do not like being at the field alone (and not just for safety's sake, I might be lonely until the crack of 10 Biggrin ) There are also some new members who are not permitted to fly solo yet & require an instructor to supervise. The courtesy provided on this thread costs nothing but a small amount of time.

I'm Heading Down Shortly

I will be flying tomorrow for anyone who is after my assistance.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I'll be leaving in about 30, fingers crossed.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Superb conditions at the field today - probably the best I've flown in for several months!
Hope tomorrow follows suit.

Steve Murray
Thread Closed