Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Pity Jason isn't feeling well enough to be there :-D jk lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(13-07-2018, 11:06 PM)Busboy Wrote:  Pity Jason isn't feeling well enough to be there :-D jk lol

Listen to you mate. We haven’t spoken in over a week, yet you’re happy to assume I’m still out for the count? Ye of little faith.

I’m coming tomorrow, I’ll have some wings with me... and, even though I haven’t had time to prepare anything other than my little autonomous wing, I’ve got a few options at my disposal to improve glide slope. Unfortunately I am unable to set an engine brake without removing the ESC, which is out of scope for this evening, but I’ve gotta give you guys half a chance... don’t I?

Forecast is

Sydney area
Sunny. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day.

But its light winds already!
Charge up the batteries.

srl

Probably wont make it down... small op on the leg yesterday, supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible.

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
I finally made it Down the Field, and got to fly some my old favorite planes, I thought i would have been more rusty on the sticks after not flying for so long but it all came back like riding a bike.
Had a lot of fun and looking forward to more flying  Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Good weather forecast for tomorrow.

Charge up the batteries.

srl

(27-07-2018, 07:28 PM)srl Wrote:  Good weather forecast for tomorrow.

Charge up the batteries.

srl

I’ll see ya bright n early.

I am hopeful to maki it Sunday Morning, Forecast for Sunday looking good wind wise, but chance for some rain.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Hoping to be Down There Sunday Too, a little busy tommorrow

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'll be there tomorrow if conditions are good with my ASW28 for a maiden....

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(03-08-2018, 10:27 PM)Busboy Wrote:  I'll be there tomorrow if conditions are good with my ASW28 for a maiden....

Yeah, if the wind is ok I’ll be down also.

Also if I finish my Phoenix 2000 tonight, plus I'll have the AXN and Eachine Quad

Forecast suggests that wind will be mild in the morning, and may begin picking up after 11am.

Hoping to maiden my Hotliner Tommorow

Weather is perfect, car packed and about to leave for the field... and I get a call I can’t ignore... spewin’

I’ll have to catch you next weekend gents.

Hoping to get Down Tommorow for a Morning fly before the winds and give my hotliner a flight with the new 5s graphene lipo upgrade.  Smile

Looking like another windy day tomorrow with what looks like the August winds upon us...

It looks as if Tommorow morning up till 10am is better than Sunday Forecst

Was goign to try this morning... but wind has turned me off... not looking any better tomorrow either  Frown

(18-08-2018, 10:37 AM)robbo Wrote:  Was goign to try this morning... but wind has turned me off... not looking any better tomorrow either  Frown

Same here... but then Trevor called me from the field telling me the air was still and that I should come down. It was not flying weather today though, not even close.

Wind finally looks good, but the rain might make it a hit or miss.
I plan to pass by the field Sunday morning, pending conditions.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Hmm, I’m free tomorrow but looks like a fair bit of rain over the weekend.
Will make a judgement in the morning and charge batteries then if I make the go decision.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Im hoping to be down tommorow if the rain stays away, really want to give the hotliner a fly with the 5s setup.

(24-08-2018, 09:17 PM)samste Wrote:  Im hoping to be down tommorow if the rain stays away, really want to give the hotliner a fly with the 5s setup.

Me three!

I didn’t get to the field until 1pm, but still got two packs in. Not a bad turnout all things considered.

Got caught up with work Today possibly tommorow if the rain stays away

Anyone thinking of Flying on Saturday, Sunday i Guess will be out for many.
Hopefully weather is good.

I might bring the Kids with me for a little while
see you there

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It's looking to be a hot and windy day tomorrow :-(

Whos flyingTommorow

Thread Closed