Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

I flew Monday on a sickie but after a number of attempts, I yielded to the Magpie whom sat on my Apprentice and rode it into the strip. And then proceeded to disable the vertical tail before strutting off as if to say " So There".
Still managed approximately 30 to 40 minutes in the air. Conditions were almost perfect

Looking to be a challenging weekend of flying with the wind expected to be around 15-20 KPH/7-10 Knots. from the southwest, swinging around from the north later.

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Wont be there this week fellas... off to Canberra for weekend.

I will be test flying my Texan at Pit Town on Saturday afternoon hopefully.

Hope the weather is nice !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Shame I wont be there tomorrow either due to house inspection. But looking at the weather report, maybe a bit windy for my liking as well. But that's ok, got a couple of planes to build.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

It's going to be a perfect day for flying. Willy's predicting 8kph at 10am dropping to 3 by 1pm.

See ya there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

(24-09-2016, 07:24 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  It's going to be a perfect day for flying. Willy's predicting 8kph at 10am dropping to 3 by 1pm.

See ya there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn!
I also thought it was going to be a bit windy, so didn't charge any batteries, but I can now see that its a perfect day outside.
Ah well, everyone that's gone down to the field... enjoy!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Long weekend coming up.
Looks like Sunday will be the best of the 3 days. Sunny with winds up to 20k/hr.
Sat & Mon will be fairly windy, up 35 or so k/hr.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

I agree. Sunday is my pick for the weekend. Rest and Repair on Saturday.

I'm heading there today because I cant make it on Sunday guys. I was hoping Chris was going to be there so I can give him some paper work LOL.

Sorry mate, not much point with the wind getting up.

(01-10-2016, 07:59 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Sorry mate, not much point with the wind getting up.

Yeah Ive given it a miss, I'll try and make it for a short while tomorrow. Im off to grand final in the arvo so it wont be a long visit.

Going to be at the field early on Saturday. Wind, according to Willy, will get gusty at 11am.

Looks good flying conditions tomm...sunday is windy...i had plan to fly tomm..will b there at around 8

see you there at 9

chris r u coming tomm??...i was mentioning today

Yeah I was. Wind will be tops 23.5 so I'm going to give it a go.

Would have been a good day today I'm assuming?

Yes it was ...i left early at 1130 ...only around six members showed up..though it was a good day to fly

To windy, having the day off........damnit !!!

Yes, watching the trees here in Cherrybrook - definitely too windy for reasonable flying enjoyment.
Haven't been down to the field in weeks, for various reasons, weather included (mainly wind).
Just looked at the forecast for the week - pretty much the same every day - 25 to 30 km/hr wind.

John Jelovic

New RC controller from HK...

Now available - https://goo.gl/3LGrzC Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Rain and wind forecast for the weekend...
Sigh... haven't been flying for ages.

John Jelovic

if you come early at around 8 on a wind predicted day...you can fly for atleast 2 hrs...in early morning there is very less wind...
i have hardly missed a weekend ...even the rain predicted days i have flown

I will wait and see what Saturday serves up before I venture down to the field, at this stage it's supposed to rain from 2am for most of the day. Sunday is looking good.

(20-10-2016, 08:57 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  I will wait and see what Saturday serves up before I venture down to the field, at this stage it's supposed to rain from 2am for most of the day. Sunday is looking good.

I'm going to see if I can have a leave pass for Sunday morning. I haven't been down in weeks and hanging to get back there.

Not looking a good day today for flying :-(

(23-10-2016, 09:38 AM)Busboy Wrote:  Not looking a good day today for flying :-(

I woke up early and the wind was just way to strong to even worry about packing my planes. Hope it goes away and we can have some good flying weather.

Typical Monday, warm sunny day and no freakin wind

(24-10-2016, 08:09 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Typical Monday, warm sunny day and no freakin wind
Yes, but I am on an RDO and have been out this morning with a few planes Biggrin

Great news

This weekend is looking better although they predicting light rain, 1-5 mls, which is nothing. Winds look good at this stage.

Thread Closed