Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Anyone going tomorrow? How's the field looking?

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

I plan to be there tomorrow morning.

Passed by the field Friday Lunch time, field looked ok, usual wet spots at far side of the strip. today's wind and dry weather should have dried it out a bit more. Hopefully less wind by tomorrow.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

I'll be there as well. Weather looks crap for next week, suggest get out while you can

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I am hoping some of you saw the pics posted by Babar on our Facebook site. The entrance lane is under water so I am suggesting the field is the same, if not, very soggy.

Therefore there will be NO DRIVE INS this weekend, sorry guys but I suggest it's rest and repair time.

Bugrit. Not seeing any photo's on the FB page though. (perhaps I am looking at the wrong page ?)

Babar's pictures are on his personal page. PRCAC has just commented on them.
It looks very poor condition. I may drive past this arvo and snap some live pictures and post in field condition post.

Hi
to view the pictures on facebook...you have to go to the visitors post on the facebook page of the club...
i am posting the latest pictures of today on the facebook page...dont know how to do it on the forum here...field is soggy ...there is a puddle on the main runway...its the same puddle where i landed my sukhoi and stuffed my ESC last time..

tomm i had plan to fly my cub with one more plane and a quad...the cross runway looks more dry than the main runway which is very soggy at the near the GRACE BUILDING AREA

tomm i had plan to fly my cub with one more plane and a quad...the cross runway looks more dry than the main runway which is very soggy at the near the GRACE BUILDING AREA

Hi Guys,

I walked in yesterday arvo with my cuz and munched 8 packs. The state of the field can be seen in the below footage from one of my flights.

Looks like a weekend for water craft, SToLs, Helis and quads with the amount of water around.
Anyone got a hovercraft to fang around??? lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Thanks for the survey flight Jason... dont think the water stopped your fun!! I might give a miss this weekend, I'm just as likely to drop it in one of the many puddles and bye bye quad.

In the first 30 seconds you can tell the field is very much under water still.
I'm going to giving this weekend a miss also. Shame because I've repaired the KMX and want to get that thing back in the air. Oh well always other weekends.

I was jut down at the field
Its very flyable just a bit too wet to drive in
If you go down park up the top and close the front gate behind you
Carry your models down and enjoy its a great day for it!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

was down there today at 8 and stayed till 1230 ..greg showed up and then he left after a few flights...had an amazing day ...flew 5 models and had 15 flights in total...the field looks dry ..
may be tomm will fly again just looking at the beautiful weather with very less wind

With rain predicted from Wednesday till Sunday, members might not be aware but PEMAC (Penrith Club) is holding a Buy/Sell on Sunday 4th September.
Address is Russell St, Emu Heights NSW 2750.
I plan on going looking for a bargain as well as selling (no doubt Mr Bargain Hunter (Babar) will be there Smile

Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. What time would the Buy/Sell be ?

Lol...i have stopped buying to some extent...yea may will visit if some good model is up for grabs

(30-08-2016, 10:15 AM)dfw Wrote:  Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. What time would the Buy/Sell be ?

I'm suggesting you get there close to 9am. parking should be easier then.

Thanks Chris. not likely I'll make it, good luck with the sale and bargain hunting Smile

>With rain predicted from Wednesday till Sunday, members might not be aware but PEMAC (Penrith Club) is holding a Buy/Sell on Sunday 4th September.
Address is Russell St, Emu Heights NSW 2750.<

HI, Chris. I’m also wanting to sell some items planes and bits and pieces so hopefully I’ll see you guys there.

I will definitely be there, early.

Was looking forward to some flying in this weekend, but the weather strikes again.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I don't think there will be any flying anywhere today with the wind like it is.

Tomorrow looks better

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I would suggest no driving in again tomorrow, however, if someone could walk in first and check it would be appreciated.

I'm off to PEMAC for their Buy/Swap/Sell Day.

HI,guys. On Sunday the magpies were very busy modifying some of the planes. I cam across this YouTube video of a hawk attacking a plane makes our problems with the magpies not so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzMQ1uGEVQ

Was going to come down today but its just started raining

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

The early birds got the worm today.
Babar and I burnt a few batteries before the rain came.

Babar must have fitted a flight in between scanning RC Trader pages Smile

(18-09-2016, 07:04 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Babar must have fitted a flight in between scanning RC Trader pages Smile

Rc trader a down for maintenance on the weekend
didnt checked in this morning and missed a precision aerobatics bandit...sold for only 120 ..lol
Thread Closed