Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Well, my plans for flying on Sunday are ruined, and it looks like it will be a good day according to Willy. Im stuck in Orlando, and 30mins ago Delta just boarded us then got us off as the plane is broke... maybe an ESC??... 2hr delay, I'll miss my connection home in LA and they bump me 24hrs to the next flight... hate flying in the US! I'll get in on Sunday now instead of sat so wont make it down to the field... damn, is been a while I since I have had thumbs on sticks... Im glad the vodkas in the lounge are free Smile... I'm making Delta Airlines pay!!! Smile

Enjoy the weekend flying boys!!

Don't worry mate, it will still be here when you get back, maybe underwater but still here Smile

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Great day flying today. Excellent to see so many members down there enjoying the great weather and low winds. If you have photos and videos, why not share them on our facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/PRCACinc/

Remains of Simons ME263 augur in

Has anybody been to the field late this week. Wondering what the ground is like after the rain we've had?

Anyone down there today, that can give a report on the field??

It was fine. A bit of pooling in the usual spots, but nothing excessive. The carpark and drive are almost bone-dry.

Seeing as its Easter this weekend will the field be open Friday to Monday?
Hopefully the weather dry's up so the air strip isn't soggy.

The strip will be open for the 4 days, however, the weather is not looking that good for Friday & Saturday.
Watch this space.

Weather permitting, I will open up the field at about 9am.

Hi Chris,

How was the field condition today ?

thanks,
James.

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

It was great !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Fingers crossed it will be good for tomorrow. I will pay visit tomorrow guys if that's ok?

There should be a few people there Luke

Certainly come along

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Well I made it there again yesterday. Was good to meet the guys that turned up. Just a shame on the wind. For me it was a little to much so left around 11:30. Hope to see you all again soon and if its ok grab a membership application.

Hi Spook,

As Secretary, I will have applications with me next Saturday if you can make it, weather permitting of course.

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend for flying, light winds, sunny weather. I will be there about 9am.

I wont be able to make it, house inspection on Saturday means cleaning and what not. Week after maybe weather permitted.

I'm also aiming for 9am. See you there.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Need a Break from work, Im Hoping To head Down later this Morning and bring down some need to to speed planes for some good old fashion fun.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Great Turn out Today,

got the bug will be there in the morning for some more flying action Biggrin

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

What a top weekend !!
Had a brilliant day on Sunday Set up the Quad Racing course, Quite a few people flew around it.
It has been a bit experimental to see weather FPV quads and planes can share our field and fly at the same time as the usual fixed wing machines. I think it's worked pretty well so far. The course was certainly challenging enough with a couple of really good straights and a few tricky corners. It didn't seem to affect the normal use of the strip and both types of aircraft apeared to cohabit pretty well. There was an earlier incident of a mid air but that was before the course was set up and happened out over the reeds so I'm not going to count that in the category of plain bad luck.

Every one flying quads seemed to be using a spotter which is aligned nicely with the rules and everyone, I hope, seemed to be happy enough with the arrangements? I think if we actually have some heat racing with say 3 or 4 quads in the air at once we can stop and do just that for the duration of the race but I cant see this as a problem at all. A race only goes for a few mins and we can easily work around racing with time slots. Does every one agree, are there any issues I'm missing? Please voice your opinions and let us know what you think? Did it go well on Sunday ?? There was certainly a good crowd there I think I took the last paring spot Smile

I think this is a great idea Jason. Thanks for setting this up.

I think that as long as everyone is AWARE of what is going on around them and pilots call "low pass" and "landing" AND quad pilots PAY ATTENTION to this I think we will be fine.

Also we don't have to have a giant course to fly around. I actually prefer a slightly tighter course for four reason.

1. It takes more flying skill
2. It does not favour faster quads
3. It keeps us further away from planes if we set it up right
4. Most important of all - the walk of shame when you crash is not so great Biggrin

Comments?

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

Sounds great! At least one decent straight and some turns etc and I'm happy... 4S or 3S - it shouldn't matter.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

The course I set up is only just a suggestion
I tried to lay it out so that the quads wouldn't be crossing the middle of the strip and so the gates were not on the strip and not inline with the ends of the strip or cross strip. I think if those guidelines are adhered too there is quite a bit of scope for changing the shape of the course.

Please feel free to get the gates out and set them up on the weekend. I won't be at McCoy park this weekend but certainly set the course up !! It doesn't take very long especially if there are a couple of people there to help do it. Kieran and Bob helped set it up last weekend and Bod has some yellow streamers and tape for the top rails. Have fun and don't forget to post some video !!

Hi Jason. As you already know I’m very keen to be involved in quad racing and whatever form it can be carried out however I am not the fastest quad racer but been involved in a race is good enough for me.

Must have been a top day at the field.
Tomorrow's forecast is also ideal - Sunny & light winds & 27deg max.
I expect to arrive at the field around 9am (oncall for work - if can't make it will post).

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Morning Gents.
I hope you don't mind but I would like to make another visit today.
Looking at picking up a members application form if Jason or Chris come along.

Cheers Luke

Hopefully another member is opening up this morning.
Sorry for late notice, I've slept in (up too late), will be down a bit later - 10ish.

John Jelovic

Hi guys. Today a snake was seen near the pilot box and it got me thinking maybe it’s time to have Rossall or somebody else give us a first aid course in how to handle a snakebite as well is any other injuries that may occur also may be a good opportunity to check the first aid box to make sure it is up to date.

Hi guys, had a great day out there today.
Also would like to hope my application is approved.

There was a good turn out today and felt very friendly bunch.
I'll see you all again soon.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup
Thread Closed