Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Yep, conditions were great.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Sorry guys, forgot to post last night. I will accept a suitable reprimand at the field this morning. But please be careful the reprimand may bounce with vigour (Never call the pot black).
I will be there at my usual 8.00 - 8.30. Weather is great this morning but afternoon rain possible thunderstorm & therefore possibly no flying tomorrow because of continuing showers.

Looking rather miserable outside (showers & windy) so giving today a miss.

Me too, making it a "wife" day......groan

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Just arrived. Has only been drizzling so ok to drive in I think.
It is a bit windy & gloomy, so I'll see how I go.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(18-10-2015, 08:26 AM)helijeli Wrote:  Just arrived. Has only been drizzling so ok to drive in I think.
It is a bit windy & gloomy, so I'll see how I go.

Thanks for the Update John Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Took a trip to the field this afternoon and it is drier than expected. The usual pooled areas but enough room to take off & land. The grass needs a mow but larger wheels will assist in operation.
I intend opening the usual 8.00 - 8.30.
Weather forecast is good, so see you there.

Thanks Wayne ! See you in the morning.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Sorry I haven't been back yet guys. Couple of busy weekends for me. Hoping to be there next weekend if the weather is good.

Sorry guys, golfing tomorrow. If you are opening tomorrow, please post your intentions.

Just had a look at the forecast for tomorrow & is not looking good rainwise. I will reserve decision for flying in the morning.

Hoping Weather to be Kind to me Tomorrow Morning, as i have a Baby Pterodactyl that i want to release to the sky Icon_twisted

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Sorry guys, preparing our house for sale is my priority today so I won't be flying. The weather looks good for flying though, clear skies & light winds present themselves to add to enjoyment this morning. Happy flying & safe landing wishes are extended.

I Thinking the Field will be a bit Too wet for the weekend, will try and get out there today and take a couple of pics to post up.

Steve61_61

Dropped in at the field about 2ish & the news is not good.
I had intended mowing this afternoon (even after 10 stitches below my left knee & associated pain) but the field is soggy with surface water on 100% of the strip and unable to be mowed.. Grass is very long & unsuitable for any wheeled planes. Grounds are firm enough to drive in but bring belly landers only. I WONT BE FLYING.

Was thinking of heading down this morning if weather stays calm, as my Pterodactyl is getting cabin fever being indoors Biggrin

I would assume hand launchers are the go with Field Conditions

Steve Smile

Hard Working Guys Looking After The Field Smile

Steve Smile

Looking at my rain gauge from a distance (no point in getting wet from the rain) and I see at least 20mm of rainfall with more to come. Tomorrow's forecast is for more showers so I am giving tomorrow a miss.

Hi guys, some good news for a change. Low chance of rain tomorrow, gentle winds & freshly mowed strip. I may be a little later than normal but sometime between 8.30 & 9.00.

I won't be opening up this morning, new car shopping. Have a good day guys.

I'm at the field. There's a bit of drizzle, but it looks like it won't take long to clear up.

I will be at the field to open up about 8.15am. Field is in great condition.

I am here at the field. Where is everybody!!!!

I'll have the field opened by 8.30am

I will open up about 8.30 as usual

Due to family commitments I will not be at the field this weekend.

If any member is opening up Saturday could they please post. Thanks.

I will not be opening up this morning.

The field should be drying out by now as no rain in the last 3 days, however, members are asked to check the drive in first before taking cars in. Thanks guys, have a great day.

I guys. Is anybody came across a small plastic container with sums screwdrivers I can’t find them and I’m a bit concerned in a left accidentally at the field some anybody comes across it with the please hang onto it.

kind regards, Bob.

I will be at the field in the morning if anyone is interested in joining me.

I'm planning on going as well. Probably there around 9 or so.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e
Thread Closed