Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

60% chance of 1-5mm showers tomorrow morning with very light winds. Probably still ok to fly but my boys are shouting me to golf in the morning, so I will leave it up to others to open up in the morning. If you are opening up early, please post your intention for visitors.
Happy flying guys, see you next weekend.
Wayne

I will see the early birds at 8.30 tomorrow. Looks like another cracker of a day for flying.

Here at 9:30 am. Gates are closed anyone flying today?

Showers are forecasted for tomorrow. I am charging my batteries tonight in the hope that Willy has got it wrong again. At this stage I should be at the field by 8.30 as usual but is weaqther dependant. Watch this space in the morning.

Is currently spitting rain & as per my rain gauge we have had 10mm rain overnight. Rain radar shows more to come & consistent with forecast. Oh well, batteries onto storage charge for me.

Down at the field anyone keen?

Hi guys. Called in to the field on the way to Bunnings this morning, lot of water laying on field much more than normal only models flying would be quads.

Regards, Bob.

Took a trip to the field without any planes to see a couple of newbies waiting at the gate. Walking in & in-between sprinkles of rain they took an EPP profile Extra & a Bixler into the air.
The runway has the usual poolings after last night's rain but the remainder of the strip is reasonably firm to allow wheeled landings. The parking area is quite firm & I see no need to decline drive in.
Without more substantial rain, I see no reason for not flying this arvo or tomorrow. Tomorrow's forecast has a lower % chance of rain than today, so should be worth a venture to the field.

The skies are blue & my weather gauge tree is motionless. Heading to the field after brekkie for a few flights. Rain radar shows rain coming from the north, so I imagine it will be a short flying day.
See you there after 8.30

Field has dried out a bit since Kieran posted. If we get no overnight rain I will be opening 8.30ish. If we get rain overnight I will do an early visit & post flying situation. Watch this space in the morning.

My rain gauge looks empty so I won't take an early visit to the field. Clouds clearing & rain radar shows coastal rain. See you guys at the field 8.30ish

I'm here and am happy to advise that the strip is quite dry! Unfortunately it's much windier than predicted.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Hi guys, I will be at the field 8.30ish tomorrow to set up. I will only be there for a couple of hours, so anybody who needs my assistance tomorrow, please also be there early as I cannot delay my departure 10ish.

Copy/paste laziness.
Hi guys, I will be at the field 8.30ish tomorrow to set up. I will only be there for a couple of hours, so anybody who needs my assistance tomorrow, please also be there early as I cannot delay my departure 10ish

So Monday is a holiday, So is anyone Flying Tommorow,

Was Thinking of Getting some air time in Smile

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Only myself, Chris McCarthy & a couple of newbies turned up today before I left 11ish, one of the poorest fine weather turnouts I can remember.
I have a tradie at my place tomorrow so no flying for me. I think Chris said he was flying tomorrow but who knows how many will turn up.

i would of thought it would be packed today, posssibly the nrl final and vineyard quad racing and being a long weekend people on holidays, kept people away.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Plus it was meant to be fairly windy today. Tomorrow is hot again but fairly light winds.
Am about to sneak in the possibility of my going again tomorrow (with the wife).

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Was thinking of getting my edf Stryker a run at 280km to get the dust off ?

Was thinking of getting my edf Stryker a run at 280km to get the dust off ?

(04-10-2015, 09:18 PM)helijeli Wrote:  Plus it was meant to be fairly windy today. Tomorrow is hot again but fairly light winds.
Am about to sneak in the possibility of my going again tomorrow (with the wife).

Bring the wife, now there's a novel idea !!!!!!!!!

(04-10-2015, 11:18 PM)samste Wrote:  Was thinking of getting my edf Stryker a run at 280km to get the dust off ?

bugger, one of the few days I don't get to the field & our resident speedster brings a plane trying to break the sound barrier (a few extra battery cells needed though Tounge )

Speaking of bringing people, are people planning to fly Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning?

I have been away for so long getting used to being a dad - and right now little miss 16 month old goes "oooh" and points at any plane in the air she sees so I want to see how she reacts to models.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

That's Brilliant !!
My lochie was just the same in almost every photo I have of him there is an aeroplane in his hand
I'd encourage that Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(09-10-2015, 09:18 AM)secant0give Wrote:  That's Brilliant !!
My lochie was just the same in almost every photo I have of him there is an aeroplane in his hand
I'd encourage that Smile

+1 - Definitely don't suppress that. My 10 year old now out flies me with 250 mini quads. I didn't even push him into it - he just got used to seeing me with planes all the time. He hated going to the field at first but now loves flying.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Sorry for late notice guys, been to the Aeromodellers meeting. I will be opening 8.30ish as usual.

My memory strikes again, I said I would be flying again tomorrow but my other memory (Margaret) reminded me of golf tomorrow. See you guys next week. Was nice to meet you Luke and I trust you felt welcomed by us and continue with us. Don't worry we aren't all like Chris Mc and you won't be forced to listen to insults all day. That is of course unless I am there and you hear the insults directed to me Wink .

I had a great day. Thanks guys for allowing me to fly at your field.
Will be back again to fly again and bring my other planes.
You all made me feel welcomed and comfortable with no stress about flying.
Great to meet those there today. Thanks again guys.

Due to rain forecasted by Willy at 11am I have decided not to fly today. If anyone is heading there early to open up then a post would be appreciated.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I'm aiming to get there at 8.30 today.

So I guess Willy was wrong....again !!!!

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.
Thread Closed