Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

250 size Quad copters

Thanks Baz... glad you got that Helix sorted... thought it wasnt looking good yesterday, look forward to seeing it at the field.

Was down today with Jason, and turned airmode on, with a switch. Oh yeah so much better!! just seems to be in more control, as you say I went into rolls and flips super easy without the anxiety Smile

Unfortunately only got one flight with it before the antenna mount broke on the VTX, all fixed now so back tomorrow.

I think I'll have to retrain myself to use the cut switch at landing method.

Hi Rob. Yes I have quite few of them I accidentally ordered too many so I’ll be down on Sunday.

What happened to the rest of your quad then???

it said several crashes but sort of flies?.

Here is a pic of my latest fpv quad build. It is constructed exclusively from gear I had here in my parts bins, aside from 16 x 6mm M3 screws which I pilfered from a 7 year old AIO desktop PC.

The motors are a bit long in the tooth and the ESCs are a bit 'how's your father', but other than that it seems to be a pretty well sorted build (not 6S ready... but what are ya gonna do). Everything is as I would like it, though I do get puzzling (and somewhat disturbing) jitters from the motors when the quad is disarmed... which I can't seem to fault find or remedy in any way... however once armed she goes like a ripper with no perceivable sync or control issues (though I do get a tiny momentary lean on hard punch-outs).

Having put half a dozen packs through it since tuning it up this morning, I am really quite happy with it. Not too shabby for a build that took an evening and effectively cost nothing to put together.

Hi guys. My black mamba is been playing up I think it’s the controller?, What happens when I take off its very wobbly can’t get it to hover in after about 30 seconds pulls severely to the left and is very hard to get it to come back almost impossible have crashed twice. I have emailed Ideafly tech support may need to simply recalibrate otherwise look like a new controller.

(19-10-2017, 12:51 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys. My black mamba is been playing up I think it’s the controller?, What happens when I take off its very wobbly can’t get it to hover in after about 30 seconds pulls severely to the left and is very hard to get it to come back almost impossible have crashed twice. I have emailed Ideafly tech support may need to simply recalibrate otherwise look like a new controller.

Sounds like sensor drift, possibly linked with excess oscillations. Have you changed anything on your setup such as FC mounting or propellers? I have an Ideafly iFly4, but the first thing I did when I got it was pull the FC out of it and install an old 8-bit APM.

Do you have a prop balancer? Also, can you post a picture that shows the motors?

Happy to try and assist you if you are going to be down at the field on Saturday.

Newsflash think I’ve worked what’s happening did a bit of reading and recently relocated the batteries so if the information is correct all I need to do is to recalibrate I hope I hope I hope.

Really haven’t changed anything about four months ago I replaced a prop but besides that are been flying at normally, the problem is only occurred in the last week before that was flying well the only other thing I can try is recalibrating the magnetometer?.

PS. Now I do recall the GPS seemed to be taking a lot longer in licking onto the satellites it used to be fairly quickly but now seems to be getting slower.

(19-10-2017, 05:40 PM)BOB Wrote:  Newsflash think I’ve worked what’s happening did a bit of reading and recently relocated the batteries so if the information is correct all I need to do is to recalibrate I hope I hope I hope.

Really haven’t changed anything about four months ago I replaced a prop but besides that are been flying at normally, the problem is only occurred in the last week before that was flying well the only other thing I can try is recalibrating the magnetometer?.

PS. Now I do recall the GPS seemed to be taking a lot longer in licking onto the satellites it used to be fairly quickly but now seems to be getting slower.

I will be home today if you would like to bring it over for me to have a look. We can hook you up with a different autopilot also as previously discussed if you wish.

Hi Guys,

I just finished writing up 4 FPV quads for Drone Magazine, in doing so realising just how much of an incredible value proposition the FuriBee X215 Pro represents.

It has all the latest greatest features like an F4 processor, SPI controlled VTX, Betaflight OSD, 30A DSHOT600 compatible 6S rated ESCs and more.

Anyone interested in getting into FPV for the first time, or looking to add a well-priced full-featured off the shelf fpv racer to their fleet should seriously give this awesome product some consideration.

It is available in Plug n Fly or Bind n Fly (FRSky) options.

(01-11-2017, 04:08 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I just finished writing up 4 FPV quads for Drone Magazine, in doing so realising just how much of an incredible value proposition the FuriBee X215 Pro represents.

It has all the latest greatest features like an F4 processor, SPI controlled VTX, Betaflight OSD, 30A DSHOT600 compatible 6S rated ESCs and more.

Anyone interested in getting into FPV for the first time, or looking to add a well-priced full-featured off the shelf fpv racer to their fleet should seriously give this awesome product some consideration.

It is available in Plug n Fly or Bind n Fly (FRSky) options.

Does look good... but Martian frames arrived today!

Hi guys. Got two quick questions question one came across a quad with rear arms longer than the front one approximately 1 ½ times?, Also found a website that said carbon was 3 K I didn’t know carbon Hatter rating if that’s the higher rating that carbon has the more stronger it is?.

(19-11-2017, 03:04 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys. Got two quick questions question one came across a quad with rear arms longer than the front one approximately 1 ½ times?, Also found a website that said carbon was 3 K I didn’t know carbon Hatter rating if that’s the higher rating that carbon has the more stronger it is?.

Many fpv frames are asymmetrical front to rear, the 3K description refers to the size of the fibre and weave of the carbon fibre.