Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

elrs module problem

My Betafpv 2.4ghz ELRS Micro module 1W has worked fine for 4 months in a QX7 (ACCST) after being initially flashed by the wifi method. The Qx7 works with 4 elrs models and 5 ACCST models, and when you select the model it automatically selects CRSF (external module) or XJT ACCST (internal module) as required.

However the elrs module stopped working after I downloaded Uni ACCST and tried flashing several rxs (unfortunately I did not remove the module). Subsequently the elrs models could still bind and telemetry worked, but the servos did not move. 

I decided to try re-flashing the elrs module, and I used
BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.0.1.bin first try which was the one I was using for 4 months, then BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.2.1.bin in subsequent attempts.

Using the wi-fi method, with a 2S lipo to power the module which enters wi-fi mode after 20 sec, neither of the above firmware will flash. 

I then tried the
UART method:
On my mac I get this message in the log:
Looking for upload port...
Auto-detected: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Uploading .pio/build/BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw_via_UART/firmware.bin
esptool.py v4.2.1
Serial port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Connecting......................................
A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.

On a pc the error is "looking for upload port...error: please specify upload port for environment"

I have a Betafpv Expresslrs Recovery Dongle, but it appears to only connect to rxs, and not modules

I would appreciate any advice...

Messages In This Thread
elrs module problem - by greggold - 13-04-2023, 01:15 PM
RE: elrs module problem - by greggold - 13-04-2023, 02:34 PM