Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club
elrs module problem - Printable Version

+- Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.rcflyingclub.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: elrs module problem (/showthread.php?tid=1780)

elrs module problem - greggold - 13-04-2023

My Betafpv 2.4ghz ELRS Micro module 1W has worked fine for 4 months in a QX7 (ACCST) after being initially flashed by the wifi method. The Qx7 works with 4 elrs models and 5 ACCST models, and when you select the model it automatically selects CRSF (external module) or XJT ACCST (internal module) as required.

However the elrs module stopped working after I downloaded Uni ACCST and tried flashing several rxs (unfortunately I did not remove the module). Subsequently the elrs models could still bind and telemetry worked, but the servos did not move. 

I decided to try re-flashing the elrs module, and I used
BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.0.1.bin first try which was the one I was using for 4 months, then BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.2.1.bin in subsequent attempts.

Using the wi-fi method, with a 2S lipo to power the module which enters wi-fi mode after 20 sec, neither of the above firmware will flash. 

I then tried the
UART method:
On my mac I get this message in the log:
Looking for upload port...
Auto-detected: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Uploading .pio/build/BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw_via_UART/firmware.bin
esptool.py v4.2.1
Serial port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Connecting......................................
A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.

On a pc the error is "looking for upload port...error: please specify upload port for environment"

I have a Betafpv Expresslrs Recovery Dongle, but it appears to only connect to rxs, and not modules

I would appreciate any advice...

RE: elrs module problem - greggold - 13-04-2023

(13-04-2023, 01:15 PM)greggold Wrote:  My Betafpv 2.4ghz ELRS Micro module 1W has worked fine for 4 months in a QX7 (ACCST) after being initially flashed by the wifi method. The Qx7 works with 4 elrs models and 5 ACCST models, and when you select the model it automatically selects CRSF (external module) or XJT ACCST (internal module) as required.

However the elrs module stopped working after I downloaded Uni ACCST and tried flashing several rxs (unfortunately I did not remove the module). Subsequently the elrs models could still bind and telemetry worked, but the servos did not move. 

I decided to try re-flashing the elrs module, and I used
BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.0.1.bin first try which was the one I was using for 4 months, then BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.2.1.bin in subsequent attempts.

Using the wi-fi method, with a 2S lipo to power the module which enters wi-fi mode after 20 sec, neither of the above firmware will flash. 

I then tried the
UART method:
On my mac I get this message in the log:
Looking for upload port...
Auto-detected: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Uploading .pio/build/BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw_via_UART/firmware.bin
esptool.py v4.2.1
Serial port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
Connecting......................................
A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.

On a pc the error is "looking for upload port...error: please specify upload port for environment"

I have a Betafpv Expresslrs Recovery Dongle, but it appears to only connect to rxs, and not modules

I would appreciate any advice...

I finally managed to re-flash the elrs module, using the build BETAFPV_2400_TX_MICRO_1000mw-3.2.1.bin with the binding phrase turned off. The wifi flash was "success". I then used wifi to add the binding phrase, and that seemed to work. When I place the module in the QX7 and connect to an elrs model, the model is bound (telemetry is working, with normal values for VFR and RSSI), but each servo moves immediately to an extreme position and then does not move. It seems the Uni did not affect the elrs module. There must be a code somewhere on the QX7 SD that is forbidding any servo movement, until I run the Uni script and send the result to Aloft, who will send a code that I somehow enter and causes the servos to be free.