Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Software

I was asked Today what to use to reduce Photo Size of Images, Re for Photo for Membership to below 750kb

I Use Vso Image Resizer and have been for years, a free Program that can reduce all your Images.

As i take 2.5 mb pictures and reduce then to approx 250kb for uploading to forum or work images to be sent via email.

There are many types out there if you google but i found this to be the easy to use as i just right click photo file and scroll to image resize and its gives me a copy of the original at a reduced size.

Just remember when installing free programs to un tick all the extras that they try and install such as toolbars software etc.

I do have and old free version of the Image resizer software version 2.01 from vso which i have not updated as it works perfect and does not ask for upgrading to pro everytime you close the program as this was owned by vso and distributed free and then taken over by another company which still gives it for free but wants you to install tool bars etc upon app install and asks to upgrade all the time when closing app.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

It doesn't get easier than this gem:
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

ReName the program file what size you want the photo then drag and drop your photos on it and voila! Perfectly Resized photos!

No hidden addons, no installing, just leave the file somewhere handy!

I knew you would have something even easier for everyone, Thanks Kieran.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I just use Microsoft Office Picture Manager that comes standard with your MS Office package.

You can easily compress your image through the 'edit pictures' button and compress it to 3 different sizes (theres even one there for web pages size). It also takes several picture formats, not just jpeg.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)