Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B-25 Bomber

Just a teaser guys.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Bloody Hell George
You must be running out of room at your place champ.
Looks like a wizzard bit of kit though mate, what breed is it and what's the story with the wingspan?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

It's your second B-25 if memory serves me correctly. You must have a soft-spot for 'em.
As the Prez sez ... more details please.

Steve Murray

Wow, that is huge, I am guessing over 2 metres.
Well done george, will look impressive in the air, where & when is it's maiden.

I bought this back in December and it lived in the box in the garage for 7months.
Its Lang Xiang B-25 bomber (Steve C has one too I think)
2 meter wing span
6.2kg flying weight
Rec. 4S will fly on 5S
Has everything you can think of. lights, flaps, gear doors and even brakes...frankly speaking too much details that any small miss hap and lots of stuff will break.

I love B-25s and I had the FMS 1.4m one that I had over 20 scratch free flights on until the original DX8 caused it's demise at Wisemans fun fly.

Its ready just need to dial in expo's and set it up for a fly.
Not for PRCAC I'm afraid... sorry parra guys.
I will have to maiden at PEMAC sometime soon just need to make a foam or some protective travel frame for it because of the bits on it that can dig or break.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

A Patchy Princess ay ?

Looks like king of the sky

WOW George That is SUPER IMPRESSIVE !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

My only other comment is............. SHIT COLOUR, you wanna stay about the tree line at PEMAC with this one, even if it has a 67 foot wing span, Iv'e seen heaps of people lose their plane against the busy tree line, the background is a killer at the western end of the strip... food for thought mate!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

this just isn't fair . !!!! we need to swap wives for a while . just for decision making of course .
planes like that cost me months of negotiation George .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Catch 22, they were flying B25's.
Was used in many theatres of WW2.
Please post before it flies, I don't come down very often but I need to see this fly Smile

You should probably read the posts before making comments Arron... he won't be flying it at Parra, its too big... you will have to come to Penrith if you want to see the maiden.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Oh yeah, too excited Smile
I think Frank (wingtipper) has a similar wife to mine.
Downsizing in near future, of course everyone will be notified Frown

This is my second wife. I Learnt not to make the same mistake twice.
Just kidding. My wife also needed some convincing it was a good deal. Leet

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

My Bf-109 should be about the right scale for your B-25 too George - we'll have to stage an interception once you get it all happening.

Steve Murray

Ok guys.
All set up and ready to fly.
Everyting is stock and I tested it over and over and so far all the electronics and servo's seem to hold up nothing overheating.

Wingspan 2000mm (79 inch)
Length 1584mm (62.4 inch)
Flying Weight 6000g+ (211.6 oz)
Motors: 2x 600KV Brushless Outrunner Motors
Propeller 2 X 3-Blads
Metal Servoless Retracts + Electronic Break System
Servo 7x 15g Digital Metal Gear Servos
Speed Controller 2x 50Amp Brushless ESC + BEC
Battery: 4000mAh 40C 5S

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

That looks awesome George, do you reckon it will have enough power on 5S and all those electrics?

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(17-06-2013, 02:15 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  That looks awesome George, do you reckon it will have enough power on 5S and all those electrics?

Hi Peter
The recomended battery is 4S... I read on RC groups that it just flies on 4S but much better on 5S.. so I'm going the 5S option for the extra safety power.
It's not a plane for any airobatics.. Just fly nice a level, drop bombs (Lollies) and land in around 4 minutes.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Will be maidening the B-25 tomorrow at Penrith, if the weather holds up and the wind backs off.
Nerves of steelParanoid

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Good luck with it George !!
It'll go well I'm sure

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Get some pics and give us a good write up george good luck . I think gary is maidening a warbird tomorrow too isnt he ? They will look great together in the air those big birds .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

The weather Gods were smiling at all of us today, and the maiden for my new 2 meter B-25 at PEMAC went without a glitch. using 5S 4000 40C lipo instead of the recommended 4S.
The suspension on the landing gear was great, you could see the wheels move up and down on the grass but the 6kg plane did not bounce at all and was as steady as they come. Lined her up on the runway and slowly accelerating for a good run on its first take off. With flaps half down she took off the ground within 15meters and I gave it a little pull back on the stick to clear the tree line as it climbed slowly just like a real B-25. Gear up, flaps up and then a few click to trim up and a click or two right aileron and she was flying nice and level. Not a speed machine and not a lot of power but a true scale flying bird. Little rudder input in the turns and she looked great. No aerobatics and no funny stuff, just basic bomber flying manoeuvres.
Coming in for landing, gear down, full flaps down and she slowed down without any issues. it approached the runway like a full size plane and the flaps really worked wonders as she flared up to touch down on the mains before dropping the front landing gear and roll down the runway. It slowed down quickly so I didn't get a chance to test the electro magnetic breaking system.
took her up for a second flight (Less nervous this time) and really enjoyed the flight and just love the landing approach and touch down.

some pictures and video will be uploaded by tomorrow.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

That's MAGIC George !!

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Nice one george !!

The landing was AWSOME !!

It looks great in the air. Bigger planes do fly better !!

Yes, good work George - you've got to be happy with that!

Steve Murray

WOW . simply stunning big bomber . sounds awesome . looks tough . i'm glad you didnt try 4S ! . Thats very scale like in the air . i wouldnt want it to fly faster either . but ive seen that plane and its huge . i think i would try 6s . but obviously i dont know your motor setup . it looked like a full size bomber in flight .

It really does look like a full size bomber up close.
The detail and finish quality is the best I've seen on a big foamy.
Nice camera work too.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(08-07-2013, 06:17 PM)gbanger Wrote:  ...
Nice camera work too.

Sure thing banger ... and it goes without saying who was responsible for that, eh?

Steve Murray

Displayed and Flew my B-25 at a HMAS fun fly in on 5/6 October. Many people could not beleive that this was a foam plane.
On take off with a bit of cross wind I skewed on the strip and hit a ditch and a heap of cow dung .. Pushed in the nose gear broke the door clevis but I was already committed to take off and there was no backing out. Took off and flew around for a few circuits. The wind was more than 25km/h and on 5S the plane just flies.. I really don't know how this plane can fly on 4S..

Did a few low passes and my friend took some great shots (Shame about the jammed front gear and open front gear door)..

Over all was a good flight until I tried to get the retracts down... only mains extened.... the front was jammed and not comming down....

I extened full flaps and brought her in... with power on slowly sinking to the ground .. touched on the mains and kept the nose up for around 10 meters plus roll... cut the power off and it gently dropped it's nose down and the skid was less than a meter...
I think this was the best landing I have ever done (I really need that).. Nothing was broken except for the door clevis on take off... I unscrewed the retracts, unjammed it and its all working fine now.. Phew.. a lucky ascape.

No video but some pics on rcgroups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569233&page=75

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

An outstanding landing George, it certainly was a text book display of how to land a plane without a nose wheel... well done mate.Biggrin
The applause from the crowd was a nice touch at the end of the landing roll.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(10-10-2013, 01:46 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  Displayed and Flew my B-25 at a HMAS fun fly in on 5/6 October. Many people could not beleive that this was a foam plane.
On take off with a bit of cross wind I skewed on the strip and hit a ditch and a heap of cow dung .. Pushed in the nose gear broke the door clevis but I was already committed to take off and there was no backing out. Took off and flew around for a few circuits. The wind was more than 25km/h and on 5S the plane just flies.. I really don't know how this plane can fly on 4S..

Did a few low passes and my friend took some great shots (Shame about the jammed front gear and open front gear door)..

Over all was a good flight until I tried to get the retracts down... only mains extened.... the front was jammed and not comming down....

I extened full flaps and brought her in... with power on slowly sinking to the ground .. touched on the mains and kept the nose up for around 10 meters plus roll... cut the power off and it gently dropped it's nose down and the skid was less than a meter...
I think this was the best landing I have ever done (I really need that).. Nothing was broken except for the door clevis on take off... I unscrewed the retracts, unjammed it and its all working fine now.. Phew.. a lucky ascape.

No video but some pics on rcgroups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1569233&page=75

Hey George, I have video of your low passes and the infamous 2 wheel landing, I'll see if I can upload them to here for you.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.