Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

H.A.R.S. Illawarra

I had the good fortune to visit the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society at Illawarra today. Many might know this place and have been there. I didn't know about it.

I went there at their invitation for work reasons regarding temperature control and data acquisition systems on their heat treatment processes but was given a tour of the hangers 1:1 and blown away!! I had a black and white poster on the back door of my bedroom as a young kid of all the RAAF aircraft (think 70s)-- and there they were in flesh (albeit 40 years later!).

Very impressive collection of planes - many airworthy and flying. Their website is http://hars.org.au/

I had only my phone so excuse the quality of the photos. I had no idea how my day was going to unfold so I wasn't prepared. I didn't have a lot of time so it was a whirlwind look. I must go back sometime.

Hey Skidz,
If you were down there a couple of Sundays ago you would have seen them flying at their annual "Wings Over Illawarra". I go to it ever couple of years and I went this year especially to see the Caribou - see the attached photos.
I put a posting in the Airshows thread - sorry that you missed it, not a bad day.

Oh, the 2nd photo is Matt Hall in his MXS-R tumbling in his own smoke trail.

That last photo looks like a Trojan Dave, do you know if they are restoring it?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yes, of course a Trojan. I don't know Gazz. They have planes "in progress" that don't appear on their website. There is a P47 Thunderbolt being restored in a non public area. It is for a South African client. Looks like they have a good team of restorers.

Where is it Dave?
Looks like an awesome day out!!
Certainly a few there that I love.
What an awesome opportunity!

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

HISTORICAL AIRCRAFT RESTORATION SOCIETY

Albion Park Rail NSW 2527, Australia
t. (02) 4257 4333
f. (02) 4257 4388

Opening hours