Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Anyone for EF1 ??

I just saw this and thaught I'd post up the link. Looks like some time fairly shortly HK is going to release a plane that meets the EF1 rules.

Should be a nice quick little sports/racer.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_113655...m#11396063

another link with more info

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806527&page=10

Here's a bit of golden advise for setting up planes that like to land hot. I found it in the forum thread I linked to above. I reckon this sounds like a pretty good plan !! I'm going to reprogram the shoestring very shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknoise
Another really great idea. I tried flapperons, but that really did not work well. Flapperons caused the plane to balloon up and tip stall easier. Most importantly, I really don't think that flapperons slowed the plane by a whole heck of a lot. How many degrees up do you use in spoilerons?

Even worse with flaperons, they increase wash in which is no good for slow flight and they also increase adverse yaw ( nose yawing opposite roll input) while going slow. All those add up to bad things.

Here is what I wrote in the manual about using spoilers:

I like to run spoilers for landing. Contrary to popular belief, these planes actually fly pretty well slow if they are set up correctly, so don’t be afraid. Invictus is particularly well behaved at slow speed. I deflect both ailerons up about the same amount as a full deflection roll input, so each aileron is up maybe 1/2” or so. Then I set them so that when I give full aileron input, the up side aileron only moves up a little and the down side goes down no more than level with the wing. You will also likely need some down elevator mixed (5-10% depending on C.G.) in to eliminate any pitch change when they are applied. When they are set up this way, the plane becomes simple to bleed off speed and land. With the down side aileron never going below neutral, tip stalls are all but eliminated because of the added aerodynamic washout. Plus this has the added bonus of self-coordinating turns at the lower airspeed due to the added differential. Win win!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Invictus it's here from h k of course

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._ARF_.html

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

i have 2 on the way . have to order 1 at a time , company will not post 2 together . i cant wait .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Cool looks like 2014 will be an interesting year for EF1
The invictus should be a fast plane

LOOKS LIKE SPOILERONS ARE NEEDED .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

You could use spoilerons, might make it easier to land at McCoy field.
But it won't be absolutely necessary I didn't need them on the shoe string and I managed to land that OK at McCoy field. The landing in the video is pretty hot it doesn't need to be landed that hot.
you can see he over shot a fair way. At McCoy you need to be getting the wheels down near the start of the strip not 20 yards past the pilots box

both planes have been shipped , i have ordered motors , and servos and have the escs's required . still to save up for batteries and receivers . any suggestions for receivers here ? spectrum DX8 .

Anything with SPECTRUM written on it will be just fine.Biggrin

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/281210515122?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Or one like it for a spectrum TX

I like FRSky receivers but you need to have an FRSky RF board in your TX to talk to them
A radio like the turnigy 9x or the Taranis would be the go for these
I raced two vipers all year without a single glitch
With FRSky radio gear and I use it in all my bigger planes

Shop around you'll probably get the 6200 for a better price
I just grabbed that link cause it looked ok

I see that HK now has a plain white Invictus availabe so I can custom colour it.
I think I'll be looking at one of these. All it needs is one red wing tip, one sky blue wing tip, a red fin and a blue stab. Too easy!!

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3..._ARF_.html

I was beginging to think that HK had dropped the ball on this one. I'm expecting big things. Aparently it's American designed and the preproduction planes have done very well in competition!!

Looking at the pictures it looks really nice, the nose is quite narrow even more than the Shoestring so it should be quite slippery.

I see the red one is going out the door, down to one bar of stock, I wonder how many they have sold so far ??

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3..._ARF_.html

yep i was spewing a white version was coming out . i ordered 2 red ones . if i'd have known i'd of held off for a white one atleast .
the shoestring and pogo have raving reveiews on youtube . so i would imagine if it can keep up with these . it would be good . CLAUDIOS' Pogo is pretty fast and slippery , i will be heavily scrutineering his plane before the next race .
I shall have the $25 fee in the pocket to have HIS PLANE SCRUTINEERED ON the day if he refuses to show me . Biggrin

(03-12-2013, 01:47 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  I shall have the $25 fee in the pocket to have HIS PLANE SCRUTINEERED ON the day if he refuses to show me . Biggrin

If I refuse twice do you have to pay $50? Icon_twisted

(03-12-2013, 01:47 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  yep i was spewing a white version was coming out . i ordered 2 red ones .

I was going to order, but the sole option of $81.12 (Express Mail Service to AUSTRALIA Lipo) shipping per plane turned me off.

Frank, Jason, was wondering if you guys got or are seeing lower shipping options, as others are claiming?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

only one shipping option given and thats not EMS . ITS STANDARD FREIGHT SING POST 4.5KG BUT STILL COSTS $61.45 U.S. PER PLANE . 7-21 DAYS DELIVERY .
after you press the buy now button you dont have options of post as you used to .

4.5KG Is max weight allowed . the invictus is 3550gr alone .size is also taken into account so you can be under 4.5kg and breach the size limit also. by the time i added the motor and add a delivery box a couple of servos and your over the limit .
So i had to make seperate orders and split my servos up over 2 orders , i had to forgo other things like props for my big edge 540 etc etc . It really was a pain in the arse as i took over 2 hrs one night ordering everything only to have to delete them to reduce weight/size . Which meant 2 planes only , 2 single orders @ $61.45 each , and leaving out spares and supplies for other planes .

I found I could order 2 of the white ones in the one shipment and the postage for both together was $116.
That was the best I could get as far as shipping goes. It ws no differrent with the red ones,
Want to go halves in that ?, Still have enough spare to pack in 2 80A YEP ESCs

We could allways wait for them to become available at the Au warehouse. But the question is will they ???

I have emailed HK and asked about the shipping charges and about future AU warehouse availibility.
Lets see what happins

(04-12-2013, 03:35 PM)secant0give Wrote:  I found I could order 2 of the white ones in the one shipment and the postage for both together was $116.
That was the best I could get as far as shipping goes. It ws no differrent with the red ones,
Want to go halves in that ?, Still have enough spare to pack in 2 80A YEP ESCs

We could allways wait for them to become available at the Au warehouse. But the question is will they ???

I have emailed HK and asked about the shipping charges and about future AU warehouse availibility.
Lets see what happins
I'm waiting for just that Jason. I would have ordered one a week or so back but when I looked at the postage charges I thought I would wait for them to be available in the Aus Warhouse.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(04-12-2013, 03:35 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Want to go halves in that ?, Still have enough spare to pack in 2 80A YEP ESCs

I'm going to wait for the Au warehouse. Got a spare Pogo and a shoestring to put together anyhow Smile

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

i understand your guys reasoning . i just decided to look at EF1'S and it just so happened that the invictus planes were released that day after over 12 months of speculation . i thought they would sell out immediately so ordered 2 .
jason i tried a big order and the website would let me order 2 i think but nothing else , so wouldve had to make a 2ND order for motors .
either way i needed a double order .

i see they are still available so cant be in radical demand , i think the aussie warehouse might end up with some of these .
I'M lying real low . my 2 orders totalled $680 . i ordered them when my wife was at the doctors to lighten the reaction from her .
i still need 80 amp escs . i have 3 60 amp ones !!!
i need 4 batteries and 2 receivers, 2- 80 AMP ESC'S thats about another $300 . so i'm lying low . to protect my nuts . i'll have to wait a few more weeks before i order more stuff , + sparebears and a new EDF .
HOW CAN I STAY UNDER THE RADAR AND FERTILE .

I don't think they will last very long I see the stock of the red version is allready below 10, so they have sold quite a few allready. EF1 pylon is quite big in the states and it's starting to get going in Europe too. I know there is German EF1 competition that has been up and running for a while.
The demand for these airframes goes up in spikes. All it takes is one or two races days in the US , a few models get wrecked and they sell out pretty quick. The same thing happenes here right after race days where there is a bit of Carnage in FFC. Suddenly all the Rarebears are gone Add that to a few other's who'll buy them for sport flying because they are quite fast and they go out of stock pretty quickly. I reckon the red one will be all gone in a couple of days.
I havn't heard back from HK about weather they'll come to AU yet. I guess they would definatly go to the US warehouse first.

Quote: i need 4 batteries and 2 receivers, 2- 80 AMP ESC'S thats about another $300 . so i'm lying low . to protect my nuts . i'll have to wait a few more weeks before i order more stuff , + sparebears and a new EDF .
HOW CAN I STAY UNDER THE RADAR AND FERTILE .

There are boundless life expences that can crop up, here and there a few extra dollars off the top can find their way into the flying fund. For a start, at the end of my day when I empty my pockets all gold coins get appropriated to a secret tin for such expenadature. They add up pretty quick.

I see there is only one red Invictus left in stock at HK

Here's a copy of my corospondance with HK service centre about the postage and availability of the Invictus. It gets confusing ????

ML - XL - Invictus postage amount and future AU warehouse availibility ??

jason
Dec 04 12:40

The only postage option to send and Invictus to Australia is $81, Can you do a better price on postage.
Also are we likely to see the invictus available at the Australian warehouse and if we are, do you have an idea of when that might be?

Many thanks

Jason Vanajek

Comments

User photo
Jane

HobbyKing Support Centre

Hi jason,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Please note that depending on your order, the warehouse location where the items are stocked in, and destination country, some shipping options may not be available. The shipping and handling fees are set by the carrier and it will depend on your order and destination country. Take note that HobbyKing has no control over these fees and we do not profit from shipping costs as it is paid to the carrier.
Please be informed that the shipping list on the cart page will show ALL the shipping methods available to your country. If however, has not yet factored in the items in your order. The checkout page will show you the actual shipping methods(if any) that you can use to ship your order. Kindly add the items to your cart and proceed to Step 3 of the order process. Our system will automatically generate the shipping options available to you based on the order weight and size, available shipping companies, country restrictions, etc.

If you have any other concern, please let us know via our 24/7 Live Chat Support Center or through this email. We will be more than happy to provide assistance.

Regards.

Jane
HobbyKing Support Team

Do not forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

December 05, 2013 20:43

User photo
jason

Hi thanks for that
Will Invictus be coming to the Australian warehouse ?
If so roughly when might we see it there?

December 06, 2013 11:42

User photo
Christina

HobbyKing Support Centre

Hi Jason,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Good day, Sorry to say this, Invictus is not part of the hobbyking courier. Even you purchase the item in AU warehouse there's possible no invictus. Thank you for patience

Thanks for emailing support.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.

Christina

HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

December 07, 2013 22:15

User photo
jason

Hi Christina,
I'm not sure that I understand your reply
are you saying that that Invictus will not be stocked at the Australian warehouse in the future?
I'm disappointed if this is the case as there is quite a big following of EF1 racing here in Australia with many of the suitable kits being sold. The trouble is that with the international postage it cant compete with locally brought EF1 kits like the shoestring and the proud bird.

December 08, 2013 04:38

Good luck with that Jason. I gave up after the third attempt of trying to get an explanation for why others have gotten differing non-Lipo rates on the Invictus - pretty much the same non-answers as you've gotten.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

on the hobbyking forum . someone has made mention that if you add another item to the invictus, then the shiipping option changes to sing post !!. wierd i know .
Jason . severe language barrier happening there

i need to mention . that if i were to buy a taft hobbyjet viper from pw rc . china for us$389 . buy the time it arrived , would be $500 australian .
ALSO my FMS p51 , cost close to $80 delivered .
i think these costs although expensive are quite reasonable considering the low buy now prices .

jeez i sound like i'm working for HK
" What you say " ?

Still waiting for a reply from HK about the possibility of Invictus comming to the AU warehouse......................

But while I'm waiting I was having a look at the log files for EF1 from Marulin II. Below are the lap times cuts and final scores for each round.

Note the RR in round 6 stands for Re-Run as there was a mid air colision between Claudio and James. (Acording to the rules if there's a colision even a touch between two planes they must both stop racing and are given a re-run later. In this case neither plane was airworthy and neither pilot had a spare plane to use for a re-run.)

You can see that That Claudio was consistantly faster, posting smoking times, including a 103.32 which is pretty dam good and would have given the RareBears a real hurry up if they were flying in the same heats which they sometimes do!!
He was also the most consistant EF1 pilot on the day with only one cut for the whole 6 races and only 4 laps out of 60 that took over 11 seconds to complete. That's pretty impressive flying !!!

.bmp log file EF1 marulan II 2013.bmp Size: 1.21 MB  Downloads: 77

i was extremely impressed with Claudios flying on the day , his circuits were pretty much consistant , i remember being very impressed and thinking this dude would be very hard to beat . i was impressed with his plane also , i was a proud bird fan , but the pogo was so much better in flight .
hope the invictus compares .
STILL WAITNG FOR THEM INVICTUS PLANES . ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS !!!!

I'm super keen to see an Invictus in the flesh!!
What motors are you putting in them Frank?
Is it the EF1 motor from HK?
One thing to watch out for is if the spinner rubs anywhere on the cowel it will sap off heaps of power and can easily cause the motor or ESC to burn out

yes i have ordered 2 motors the EF1 HK NTM Motors Jason .
i'm definately going to order 2 x 80amp esc's . i made a mistake buying one 60amp yep esc . .
i will put the 80amp ones in for racing and do my best to make these birds efficient for racing .

"CAUTION PEOPLE " POSTAGE ERRORS NOTED WITH "HK"

i just picked up one of my orders from australia post depo , as you now have to sign for delivery from international warehouse . the delivery service left a ticket for pickup at a depot , with an unidentifiable, item code number !!!! ( differing from the sing post code ) .
i tried using hk website tracking details to check tracking of my orders to no avail !!!
WHEN I PICKED UP MY ORDER !!! . IT WAS THE LATTER ORDER WHICH I MADE 2 DAYS AFTER THE 1ST .
I DOWNLOADED THE PURCHASE ORDERS WITH TRACKING NUMBERS FROM HK . AND TOOK THEM BOTH TO AUSTRALIA POST , SO THEY COULD TRACK MY OTHER ORDER YET NOT ARRIVED . THEY WERE UNABLE TO TELL ME WHERE MY OTHER ORDER IS AS THE TRACKING NUMBER DOES NOT MATCH EITHER OF THE 2 ORDERS . MY NAME AND ADDRESS IS NOT CROSS REFERENCED ON THERE SYTEMS WITH ORDER NUMBERS EITHER .
THEREFORE . ITS POT LUCK WETHER YOU GET YOUR ITEMS . AS I THINK AUST POST CHANGES THE DELIVERY NUMBERS TO THERE OWN LOCAL ONES AFTER ARRIVAL . AND ARRIVAL IS UNABLE TO BE CHECKED WITH SING POST .
THEREFORE I AM AWAITING THE 1ST ORDER I MADE , HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE 2ND ORDER AND AM UNABLE TO CHECK ANYTHING ABBOUT TRACKING OR DELIVERY OF THE 1ST ORDER !!

SOMETHING HAS NOT BEEN RECTIFIED WITH HK POSTING OPTIONS .
WHILST I HAVE NEVER BEEN LET DOWN WITH HK POSTAL SERVICE . I HAVE READ MANY REPORTS OF FAILURE TO DELIVER .
I'M NOW GETTING A LITTLE NERVOUS AS I MADE 2 ORDERS WHICH WERE SHIPPED ON THE SAME DAY , AND ONE IS MISSING WITH NO IDEA IF IT IS IN TRANSIT OR NOT . AUSTRALIA POST SAID THAT ORDERS POSTED ON THE SAME DAY CAN ARRIVE SEVERAL DAYS APART SDO GIVE IT A FEW MORE DAYS BEFORE CONTACTING THEM AGAIN .

2nd order just arrived YIPPEEEEE !!! now the bad part . they are christmas presents !!! i have to wait till the 25th . the suspense is rife !!!!

I'VE OPENED BOTH BOXES and inspected the planes . so far they are the best built arf's i have seen . straight true and sturdy , with faultless covering , design and paint .
not built yet so cant comment further . the one piece wing is stiff and has a very thin core , the fuse is very streamlined with narrow front cowel . and the paint is flawless . i hope the fitment is as good as the presentation.

I MAY SELL THE 60 AMP YEP UNOPENED ESC FOR $30 IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED . ???? CAN PROGRAM AND SOLDER PLUGS ON IF ANYONE WANTS IT .

Glad they got here OK !!

Sounds like they look very nice and I'm sure you'll be happy with the NTM motors. I'd be inclined to pot the windings if they are not allready done from the factory. Those motors will be working HARD !!

I'll have to catch up and grab that YEP card as I need to program my new ESC for Dynamite No1

Go on 'tipper.............post some pics of the Invicti !! (I'm guessing that "Invicti" is the plural of invictus??)

all i have so far .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)