Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!

(06-12-2010, 08:38 AM)popeyepete Wrote:  
(05-12-2010, 09:03 PM)tc52 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking up this hobby, particularly helicopters. This is new for me, but would like to have a go at least.

Perhaps prematurely, I bought a Venom Night Ranger 3D recently and think I might need a few pointers on flying it. I checked out where your field is yesterday, and will get down to say hi to you all before I try my hand at flying.

Cheers,
Peter.

Welcome aboard mate, i'm a newbie myself and the guys in the club are super helpful. Just getting into Heli's myself and there are a few clever guys in the club who could definately help.

Pete

Thanks Pete, odd as it may sound, I've already done a rebuild/repair. I tried adjusting a few settings (as per the book) when it tried to fly away off my balconyTounge. I've since learnt not to be so trusting of owners' manuals, Smile.

Peter.

Welcome TC52
Helicopters fly away from you and attempt to destroy themselves whether you read the manual or not, nothing you can do there mate Wink

Just a stack of practice and plenty of spares to get you hovering....

hi all !!!!

I am completely new to the world of flying RC but already very excited about it. I am a proud new owner of a Cessna 182 which has just arrived. Unfortunately I cant unpack it till Xmas Frown

I am also looking at Helis and doing bit of reading and research. What do u guys reckon is a good model to start on ? The Blade 400 RTF kit looks great but $450 sounds a fair bit to spend ( link http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...s_id=22864 ) , or is it ?

I was looking at the Walker V400D02 ( link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220683669709&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT ) as another alternative.

Any thoughts ?

btw I will def come out on the field after Xmas when I get to open my pressie Smile

kizza thanks for pointing me to this site!

Gday Alex, welcome to the forum.

I can recommend the Blade 400 from personal experience.
RC Hobbies on Paramatta Rd Leichardt have them for $465 with a free 2nd batttery. Spares are readily available from them & several other hobby shops....You'll need them.

It comes with an extremely versatile Spektrum DX6i 6 channel radio, which allows for up to 10 different models to be used with it. Lots of us use them with many models.

There are a few of us heli nuts at the club, all of whom are happy to help.

Your next question is...will I fly mode 1 or mode 2?? Now to open a can of worms........ Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

thanks BB ...

I just saw the Blade 400 on RC Hobbies before I read ur post ... its a great special .. might pick it up tomorrow Smile

I had the DX3R when I was racing 1/10th Nitro and it was a great radio so I am sure the DX6i is great too.

Hi all,

looking to get back into flying RC aircraft after a long absence (and if today's simulator performance is anything to go by, I'm starting as a newbie Shock )

Made it down to the field again yesterday (this time with a membership form!) to say hello. Thanks to Kevin, Paul and Gary for the chat and encouragement.

Look forward to getting down to the field again, and back into the air in the new year.
Claudio

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Hi guys,

My name is Dave and I joined the club today. I have met a few of you good folk already. Flying helicopters is my thing. I would pleased to contribute where I can. I have flown RC planes but helis are the best (flame suit on) Smile

Nice To Meet You Dave, Theres No Shortage of Heli Freaks at The Club To Get Help and Help Others, It Seems heli's is somewhat of a craze.

For me Planes, Fasssssssssst Planes is my Expertise.

Enjoy and hope to meet you in person Down Field.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gday Dave, welcome to the club.

From what I've heard, you are pretty capable at handling the heli's. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and getting some tips from you. I'll be down there next weekend, not sure which day yet.

Andrew.

(Nice to see another mode 2'er) Smile

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a new place to fly my heli. I have been flying for around a year now, and am looking for some place to fly that may have more experianced pilots, so that I can learn and be inspired. I hope to meet some of you this comming weekend, if your flying (and I can get some time off from the kids).

Gday Adam.

You are more than welcome. Weather permitting, both days of every weekend will see some of us down at the field. Most fly planes, some fly helis, and some gluttons for punishment fly both! Smile

I can relate to what you wrote in brackets. Smile

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hello all,

I thought it was about time I introduced myself ‘officially’ here. Have recently joined the forum as I am just getting into the world of rc aircraft. Always wanted an rc heli and have now decided to take the plunge.

Currently got myself a little fixed pitch SR120 and a DX6i, also got Phoenix sim so will be putting plenty of time in on that. Looking to get a larger (much larger!) heli in the very near future, possibly even this weekend.

Will be down the field on Sat and Probably Sun AM too (weather not looking too bad) – so you will probably see me skulking around, probably annoying any heli pilots who are around trying to soak up as much info as possible…!

Cheers,

Graham

Gday Graham,

welcome to the forum. I'm hoping to be there this Sunday, so I should be able to say "welcome to the club". There are certainly enough heli freaks willing and (hopefully) able to help you on your road to frustration, annoyance and poverty, coupled with extreme ecstasy..that is, the world of rc heli's. Smile

Andrew.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi Guys,
I have been lurking on here for quite a while but haven't posted.
Every time the site moves or software changes i need to re-register. :-)
So I thought i had better introduce myself this time.

Looks like a friendly club from the banter on the forum.

I have been doing park flying only up until now. I have an Electrofun XP and a PZ Radian as well as PZ Sukhoi SU26 and Ember 2 micros.

I am looking for some guidance with my flying as well as building both kits and eventually scratch builds.

Hi there Whitey. Welcome to this forum. The guys fly all sorts of planes (electric only) and there are fliers ranging in skill levels from ultra newbie to instructor rated. Best drop down one Sat or Sun (mornings usually) and have a chat and a look at the goings on.

Hi all.

Right up front, I am having a big want to join your club Biggrin

I having been living within 10 minutes drive of it for 4 years (since I moved up form Hobart) and did not know it existed, until a week or so ago when I was having a yak with some customers in Hobbies in the Hills about how rubbish my attempt to fly planes was, and if I could find a club I'd like to learn. Don't I feel stupid Sick

Basically, I've come from a background of 24 years of ground based rc, but have only owned 2 aircraft. My first, a friendly shop owner sold me a Venom Pitts as a trainer... That cost me a gearbox every time it went up - 3 in total - and now I have a nice looking little Chundertiger Cessna 182 that has not left the lounge room wall until A: I fit a proper radio, B: I find a place to fly, C: and someone to teach me.

Anywho, I'll watch the board and if there is flying on saturday I'll lob down and say howdy.

Cheers

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Hi Steve
Look forward to seeing down at the field soon.
We are a very friendly bunch and would be happy to help you step from 4 wheels to 2 wings.
You can catch us any weekend the weather is fine between 9am and 2pm
Hope to see you soon
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

All being well I'll be there saturday.

Yeah... I need help big time lol.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Gday Steven, welcome to the forum.Hopefully welcome to the club too!!

As Gaz said there are plenty of friendly & knowledgeable people to help you out. Some of us have even gone from 2 wings to no wings...but we are the weird one's. Smile

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

G'day Steven, Your more than welcome, there are quite a few who can help out with some sound advice and a buddy cable.

I hope to be there too on Saterday if the weather's Kind

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi all

I am George, a new member and I have met a number of you on Sunday 3rd of July. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome at the club.
Yes I'm the crazy one who flew his brand new FMS Trojan in the 30+Kmh gusting winds, without thinking about the landing, then the little 50mm F-18 with the broken nose.
I used to build and paint static plastic and foam aeroplane models for a long time. I just hung them down from the ceiling or on the walls. I tried to fly planes with no idea in the past and failed/Crashed so I gave up. 3 years ago I started flying on the PC, then decided to put some motors in the hanging models and see if I could fly, at the same time I met a group of guys down the park who gave me some tips and help in setting up.
I am now an absolute addict, I love scale planes and Jets and I have to get my fix by flying every week.
Looking forward to many years of fun flying with this club.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Gday George,

it was nice to have met you last Sunday. You flew your trojan (I have video evidence) very well in those windy conditions!

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Bloody hell George, I thought you were new to RC mate, did you rob a hobby shop, thats a pretty impressive list of aircraft. I thought you had a big set when you took up your new FMS Trojan on Sunday but you did well under very difficult conditions, so as I always say,
Never let the fear of landing stop you from taking off.
Well done
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(13-07-2011, 05:12 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Gday George,

it was nice to have met you last Sunday. You flew your trojan (I have video evidence) very well in those windy conditions!

I saw that Trojan on the ground and was very impressed. What the heck was I doing to miss seeing it fly? Dang it!

It's OK Dave, I videoed it (how unusual..Wink ) & will upload in the next day or 3.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Cool. That Trojan made the others seem like they were 1/72 scale (Airfix lingo).

(13-07-2011, 09:08 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Bloody hell George, I thought you were new to RC mate, did you rob a hobby shop, thats a pretty impressive list of aircraft.

Too right. So, um, when's the hangar sale? Smile

Welcome to the club George. Looking forward to seeing you put that B-25 through its paces.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Yeah George, I'm gonna need you to reduce that signature a bit.

G'day George,
Welcome aboard !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi George,

Welcome & to others that I may have miseed also.

This is why a photo is an essentaial piece of kit to have.

So many faces & names to remember now just in a few years.

Hope you and the others have many a happy days of flying ahead.

Hope to see you all down the field at the weekend weather permitting.

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red