Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi All, my name is Adam and have been coming down to watch you guys fly for the last 3 weekends. I am totally hooked. I have two small planes that i have to learn on. I have submitted a app form to join the club and waiting for a reply. Cant wait till i am good enough to fly with you guys. Will look forward to seeing you all next weekend. Ad.

No worries Adam - I'll get that form you gave me to Kevin (the secretary) on Wednesday and things will be under way Smile

Steve Murray

Hi everyone,

My name is Justin and I came down to the field to have a look today, no one there but it looks like a pretty decent space to fly. Lived in hills area my whole life and only just discovered the field last night... I've dabbled in rc for most of my life and fly a few little ducted fan foamies on occasion. I'm also interested in heli's and as it happens just picked up a raptor 50 and want to learn how to fly it (properly!) I'll definitely come down again on a weekend and say hi.

G'day Justin,
There will likely be someone there on the weekend, Most of the guys are going out to Penrith on Saturday. Sunday there should be a few more people around. I won't be there either day buy I'll be there the weekend after weather permitting. Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'll definitely head down on Sunday and have a look

My son and I recently bought a firebird stratos
Twin propeller plane
We are both completely new to RC planes and would appreciate
Any advice
We visited the field last Sat and met a few
of the guys and chatted to Wayne.
Will try to visit again this Sat
Interested in becoming members

Chris

Welcome Chris, if you are looking for advice, joining a club is definitely the way. Our club is abundant with fellas only too willing to help newbies along the way to becoming competent fliers.
Whether it is preparing the planes for flight or preparing yourselves.
Hopefully you will feel comfortable in our great club & Hugh can get over the apparent shyness he displayed when we spoke last Saturday.
Hopefully you can get there a bit earlier next time & see a few more planes & flights. Will try not to give your ears such a hammering next time Biggrin , but feel free to ask questions.

Hi,
I am Deepesh Shrestha, originally from Nepal. I am new to RC and I am trying to fly my quad. I am looking for a mentor to teach me. ( I almost flew to Melbourne to learn to fly ) I am ready to buy beer. Wink if someone can teach me to fly.
can I come to the field before becoming a member?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Deepesh,
I'm NOT a Heli flyer but Im sure there there will be someone who can help you out with your Quad copter. Defenitly come allong to the field on the weekend and have a chat to some of the guys.
You can come allong as a non member but if you fly on more than four visits you'll need to become a member to continue to be covered by insurence.

See you there

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Jason for you quick reply. What time js the best to come there? Saturday or Sunday? See you there.

Any time after 9 am should be OK.
We have had a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks and because our field is a flood basin it will probably still be a little damp under foot.
Saturday or Sunday between 9am and 1 pm should find plenty of helpful members flying.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

[my image link broke]

Hello. Today was my first time at the field and I really enjoyed it. Jason was kind enough to answer a heap of my questions, and I will definitely be back with a completed membership form next time.

I started off with gliders a couple of years ago, and then got bit by the 3D bug. In May I bought a second-hand Trex 450, and now I'm also trying to learn to fly helicopters.

There were a lot of people with interesting aircraft today, and I look forward to learning more about the hobby Smile

Andre (the disoriented)

Hi All,

I've been down to the field a couple of times now. Haven't flown for years, since I was a kid but am keen to dust of the skills and start again. Everything has of course changed completely.

I have been chatting to Ron and others - have invested in a Spektrum DX6i and a Bixler 2, since the consensus around the web seems to be that its very forgiving for beginners.

I'll bring a membership form next weekend.

Other than that, anyone interested in checking over the plane, and taking it for a trim flight to get things rolling in a couple weeks?

Iain. (And Annabel & Isabella - whom I hope don't bother people to much, but love to come and watch).

(21-07-2013, 11:05 PM)disoriented Wrote:  Hello. Today was my first time at the field and I really enjoyed it. Jason was kind enough to answer a heap of my questions, and I will definitely be back with a completed membership form next time.

I started off with gliders a couple of years ago, and then got bit by the 3D bug. In May I bought a second-hand Trex 450, and now I'm also trying to learn to fly helicopters.

There were a lot of people with interesting aircraft today, and I look forward to learning more about the hobby Smile

Andre (the disoriented)

Welcome Andre, I won't be at the field on the weekend of the 3rd & 4th of Aug, but there will definitely be someone there from the committiee to give your membership form too.
See you at the field !!

(22-07-2013, 09:53 AM)iainwhyte Wrote:  Hi All,

I've been down to the field a couple of times now. Haven't flown for years, since I was a kid but am keen to dust of the skills and start again. Everything has of course changed completely.

I have been chatting to Ron and others - have invested in a Spektrum DX6i and a Bixler 2, since the consensus around the web seems to be that its very forgiving for beginners.

Other than that, anyone interested in checking over the plane, and taking it for a trim flight to get things rolling in a couple weeks?

Iain. (And Annabel & Isabella - whom I hope don't bother people to much, but love to come and watch).

You are welcome to come down anytime and we can have look at your set up and take it up for you for a spin.. depending on if you fly Mode1 or Mode 2. (Kids are welcome (Just watch out for moving cars), I bring my little ones all the time).

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Yes Iain - as George says, families are welcome! There are the usual no-go areas for safety, but it's mainly common sense of course.
I'm out of action myself, but I'm sure there'll be a bunch of willing and capable flyers ready to check it over for you.

Steve Murray

Good evening all
My name is Brett I stay in kellyville.
I have taken a break for about 12 months now from flying competitive rc helicopters at f3c level.
I also had my own instructors school in South Africa before I moved to Australia.

Would I be allowed to come down to the field on a weekend and meet everybody. I am currently in the process of selling all my rc car racing equipment to obtain a helicopter again.

What sort of time would be good to come down and see the club

Thanks guys

(24-07-2013, 09:17 PM)Brett Wrote:  Good evening all
My name is Brett I stay in kellyville.
I have taken a break for about 12 months now from flying competitive rc helicopters at f3c level.
I also had my own instructors school in South Africa before I moved to Australia.

Would I be allowed to come down to the field on a weekend and meet everybody. I am currently in the process of selling all my rc car racing equipment to obtain a helicopter again.

What sort of time would be good to come down and see the club

Thanks guys

G'day Brett,
your more than welcome to come down to the field for a look and chat, the best time to come along would be Saturday or Sunday morning after 9 am. most people have left by shortly after mid day.
See you at the field !!

Hi Brett,

I havent flown for a few months (busy) but might get there Sunday. A few of us fly helis (mainly 500 and 600s) and most of us are keen on F3C style flying (not really in to F3D). We are 100% electric though to keep the noise low and consider our residential neighbours. I suspect you are a nitro man, right? F3C usually are for the extended flight times needed. Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience if you had an instructors school and flew comp F3C. Please come down and chat with us. Sell those cars!

Dave

(24-07-2013, 11:16 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Hi Brett,

I havent flown for a few months (busy) but might get there Sunday. A few of us fly helis (mainly 500 and 600s) and most of us are keen on F3C style flying (not really in to F3D). We are 100% electric though to keep the noise low and consider our residential neighbours. I suspect you are a nitro man, right? F3C usually are for the extended flight times needed. Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience if you had an instructors school and flew comp F3C. Please come down and chat with us. Sell those cars!

Dave

Hi Dave

Electric is the only machine used in f3c comps today
The flight shedules have a time limit of 10min and on average the guys complete the run in 8min.
What time will you be down on Saturday as it will be great to head down and meet you.
I was the Curtis Youngblood importer in South Africa so I flew the env rave fai.
But I will see you all Saturday we can chat more
Thanks

(24-07-2013, 05:44 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  
(22-07-2013, 09:53 AM)iainwhyte Wrote:  Hi All,

You are welcome to come down anytime and we can have look at your set up and take it up for you for a spin.. depending on if you fly Mode1 or Mode 2. (Kids are welcome (Just watch out for moving cars), I bring my little ones all the time).

Mode 1. Won't have the model ready this weekend - next weekend. But will come down anyway Smile

Thanks.
Rainbow 

Hi All,
Am new to R C Aircraft, but not to flying. I have been flying in different forms for the last 30 odd years, recently Grounded by She who must be obeyed! My grounding followed breaking my back in an accident whilst landing my Paraglider, resulting in 6 months in Royal North Shore Spinal Unit followed by a further 6 months in Rehab before recommencing work. R C Aircraft are my way to fly again! The Bug is still biting and VERY active!!!!!!

G'day Russell,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy flying RC and it won't take you long to get into. If you can, get Pheonix flight sim and spend a bit of time on that, It's the most painless means to get a few crashes out of the way. See you at the field !!

Hi Russell,
As you will Find, all The Club Members will be more than happy to help out on the Forum as well as down at the Field.

As you Saw On Sunday we Fly Fast we fly Slow and we Crash Too Biggrin
We also Like to Socialize a lot Too, Talk Planes and everything Else.

That's what being in a Club is all about, having Fun with the hobby we love and enjoying great company with Friends.

Steve Smile

P.s Normally Keep a check on Flying this weekend and Field Condition Threads to see whats happening , sometimes you may notice inactivity on the forum but that may only be because members are posting in Club Members Section not general Section.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(28-07-2013, 08:47 PM)IrishWolf Wrote:  Hi All,
Am new to R C Aircraft, but not to flying. I have been flying in different forms for the last 30 odd years, recently Grounded by She who must be obeyed! My grounding followed breaking my back in an accident whilst landing my Paraglider, resulting in 6 months in Royal North Shore Spinal Unit followed by a further 6 months in Rehab before recommencing work. R C Aircraft are my way to fly again! The Bug is still biting and VERY active!!!!!!

HEY RUSSEL sounds like a good move . i cracked a couple of vertabrae 2 years ago myself , which sparked me back into the hobby . this is the best way to fly . cheers .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(29-07-2013, 03:12 PM)samste Wrote:  Hi Russell,
As you will Find, all The Club Members will be more than happy to help out on the Forum as well as down at the Field.

As you Saw On Sunday we Fly Fast we fly Slow and we Crash Too Biggrin
We also Like to Socialize a lot Too, Talk Planes and everything Else.

That's what being in a Club is all about, having Fun with the hobby we love and enjoying great company with Friends.

Steve Smile

P.s Normally Keep a check on Flying this weekend and Field Condition Threads to see whats happening , sometimes you may notice inactivity on the forum but that may only be because members are posting in Club Members Section not general Section.

Steve,
Enjoyed myself immensely on Sunday, very educational but went home with a headache and confused!! A bit upset that I am unable to fly just yet, but, my Bixler has been shipped on Monday. The time and information you and the others shared with me has given me a large step in the right direction. I have some issues with Equipment (Turnigy 9x Tx) for training purposes, How and Whom to be Buddied to as a Student? In other words the general questions needed to get "off the Ground" running??

Hi,

Am interested in joining your club. Will drop by one weekend to check it out.

Peter

Hello all,

Im Dave and was lucky to visit the airfield today. Meet a few people including Wayne, who with a few others have all the right advise. And thanks to Wayne for the trainer flight.

About me. I just left the Royal Australian Navy after 31 years. I work in the Marine Engineering field with my last class of ship the ANZAC Frigate and have had the chance to live all over Australia. I currently work as a sole trader, selling myself back to the Navy on various engineering projects, at Garden Island.

Well there be more to tell about me, but will save that for another time.

I would like thank the guys I meet today for all the advise and general chat. So thanks Wayne, Chris, Jason and others. (Too many names to remember)

Thanks guys, look forward to another visit soon.

Dave

Thank You

Thank you to All, whom without, today I would not have gotten my Bixler built. This Aircraft was labelled and purchased as Ready to Fly, but as a rank beginner I was lost. Tonight after lots of advise and assistance She is on the bench just awaiting the glue to cure.

Kevin, I have both your table and a screw driver, will deliver in the morning.

Wayne, Thank you for my first flight into RC!!