Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello Gianni
I am a qualified Instructor and would suggest that before you spend any money at all, you drop by the club during the weekend and have a chat with one of our qualified Instructors, they will point you in the right direction before you part with any cash. There are a multitude of trainers out there that not only fly well as trainers but will grow with you as your ability improves and then with a few tweeks will become a good platform to build your skills on.
Hope to see you down at the field soon
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks for the replies guys. I will definately head down to the field before any outlay is made! Hopefullt this weekend too.

Hi all,

Just starting out in the wonderful world of Heli Flying been down the field for the first time today and met Frank and another gentleman who's name escapes me at present.

Guys were very helpful and i cannot wait to join if you will have me..lol

at present i am busting my chops...pun intended on Phoenix RC4 with the Align gear, in real life however i am only playing with a Blade 120 SR, my control is a Spektrum DS6i.

I will be making an appearance on Saturday / Sunday mornings with the view that i could possibly get some experience watching and talking to the more advanced Heli crew..not sure who you are exactly but please i would love to meet you all.

Eventually when i move from the 120 SR i will go straight into a 500+ model and thats when i will really need some help i am betting.

anyway hope to see you soon.

Jamie

G'day jamie,
That was me, Jason, the other bloke who was down at the field today with Frank.
Good to meet you and I hope to catch up with you down the field some time in the near future!!

Cheers

Jason

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Jason,

sorry mate bad with names!

ill remember now, see you again at the field real soon.

Hi Everyone

I've been down to the field a few times with a couple of your members, and I'm in the processing of becoming a member.
I started RC flying back in 95/96', flying glow plug based aircraft. I started with a Hustler MK3, them moved on to Precedent Funfly, followed by another one, and then a TopFlite Spitefire Mk IX, which has sadly never flown.
I hadn't flown for about 7 year, but I've bought myself a Durafly P-51 and looking forward to getting back into it the hobby.
From the members I have met, you have a great club, and looking forward to fly there.

I am having an issue with filling out the membership form though. Whenever I try to submit my details I get the following error, “The Social Contact field is required.” There is no such field. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Regards
Taniel

(16-01-2013, 09:00 PM)Lamingtonator Wrote:  Hi Everyone

I've been down to the field a few times with a couple of your members, and I'm in the processing of becoming a member.
I started RC flying back in 95/96', flying glow plug based aircraft. I started with a Hustler MK3, them moved on to Precedent Funfly, followed by another one, and then a TopFlite Spitefire Mk IX, which has sadly never flown.
I hadn't flown for about 7 year, but I've bought myself a Durafly P-51 and looking forward to getting back into it the hobby.
From the members I have met, you have a great club, and looking forward to fly there.

I am having an issue with filling out the membership form though. Whenever I try to submit my details I get the following error, “The Social Contact field is required.” There is no such field. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Regards
Taniel

It's probably easiest if you bring the form down to the field and pass it on to (Servo) Kevin B or one of the committee members.

(Gbanger) Gazz, (Samste) Steven B, (Smuzz) Steven M, (Dingy), ingo, (Skids) Dave, or my self Jason,

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Jason.
I will bring it with me when I come down next.
I will still need the EFT details, so I can pay the membership fees.

Taniel

Hi Guys,

I've been to the field a few times - I believe I've flown a couple of laps with my UMX Trojan and my P47 with Frank, had a fly with the Prez using Angus' Trojan (very brave of you Angus) and pressured Claudio into taking me up more than a few times (including the mini Stryker - how much fun are they?!?).

Seems like a great bunch of guys and I'd really like to join the club. Hopefully soon enough I can go solo and stop bludging off the instructors.

Cheers,

Angus II

Get your paper work in and stop fluffing around Angus. Then you can give us all your money... just before the hobby shops take over as the primary funds depleting organisation... and believe me they will take ALL your money, but it's all in the name of fun.... Isn't it?
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Good afternoon all,
My name is Garrick and i am new to the Parra Rc club.
I hung around the club a little last year, but then had another child so commitments to aeromodeling were put on hold.
I am hoping there are no future surprises this year so hopefully i can become a member of the Parra club.
I will hopefully be making my way down to the field next sunday and hope to meet up with some of the members.
Thanks and hope to see you there!
(Oh by the way the TopGun is more of a wanna be thingSmile

We all wanna be Top Guns.... Biggrin Thumbup
Welcome and see you at the field next time.

[/quote]

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Thanks George,
Look forward to meeting you and members.
See you there! Smile

Hi all. I'm very new to RC-anything and have just caught the heli bug. I'm about 40 batteries into my mSRX and loving it so far. Seems like a good excuse to dust off those almost forgotten electronics skills from uni days Smile

Planning to get a 450 some time in September, so far it looks like TRex 450 RTF is the best bang for buck as it comes with a decent radio. I would much rather assemble the bird myself but I'm unable to find a self assemble Align/Spektrum kit that matches the price of the RTF offering.

If it wasn't for this site I would have had no appreciation of flying models safely and would have totally made a dick of myself rocking up to a cricket pitch and not caring about people there.

Planning to make an appearance on the field at some point to say G'day. I'm in Winston hills, so the field is just about a stone's throw away, which is a bonus Smile

C'mon down and say hello one weekend. We're decent folks. I know that heli bug.

Thanks for the warm welcome today guys. Had a good chat to Skidz who seems to have the wisdom of the Internet when it comes to building helis Smile

Funnily enough, turns out that smuzz was my lecturer at uni some time ago Smile

Will definitely come back, even before I get a real helicopter. Figure 8s on mSRX are just about impossible in my backyard, need something closer to the size of a cricket pitch.

hi my name is Adam was at the field today great day it was I will be there tomorrow again I will be joining up soon got my form signed today cant wait but not very good flyer but I will get there hopefully before it cost me to much money lol Biggrin

G'day Adam . GET YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT READY !!! LOL .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(30-03-2013, 08:38 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  G'day Adam . GET YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT READY !!! LOL .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's a photo of the usual suspects Smile

Hope its not raining tomorrow

The wind is forecast to be almost non existent
But there is a 90% chance of 5-10 mm rain

undefined

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What! No Helis?? We'll have to change that. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

I see another RareBear !!
That's got to be worth at least two heli's Wink

Actually Jason ... there is 1 Rare Bear, 1 Rare Trojan and what looks like a Rare P47. This man is packing some heat...

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(17-04-2013, 05:54 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Actually Jason ... there is 1 Rare Bear, 1 Rare Trojan and what looks like a Rare P47. This man is packing some heat...
... I think that last one is a rare A1-Skyraider actually Gazz, not a P-47. But you're right, there's some activity there!

Steve Murray

Nice Collection There Adam, Remember to harass the Instructors for your Bronze wings.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi I am looking to join the club as I have just moved into the area. Is any one going to be around this weekend (27/04/13) and whats the best time to find people to meet up with? Looking forward to getting flying again.
Andrew

HI ANDREW , between 9am and midday on weekends is usually a good time to come and meet us , usually there are a few committee members around these times . we're a friendly club . come down and make yourself known . cheers .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .