Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey all... I thought I would drop by (actually, I was prodded by one of the members today...) to say hi again.

I have been slack and busy at the same time... but since I first started lurking around I have picked up a Dynam Cub and a few smaller things and I'm getting all worked up to get involved when work settles back down and I'm not doing saturdays.

So, now time to find the membership application form again....

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Good to meet you at HitH earlier "today" Steven. Catch you down at the field after the deluge!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Yes, indeedie. How did that medium viscosity Zap work out for you?

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Hey guys.

I'm a self-taught RC helicopter pilot (initially following RADD's online flight school, plus sim and practicing on smaller heli's).
I now have a modest fleet of heli's with the Blade mSR, Blade 400 and recently added mCP X v2.

It took a while but I am getting pretty confident with the Blade 400, can hover in all (upright) orientations, fly CW/CCW circuits, figure 8's and recently performed my first "3D" manoeuvre (simple forward rolls) with success.

I'm doing pretty well on my own, but I want to take my skills further and I know I would benefit from the vast knowledge and experience of people like yourselves (especially on the mechanical side of things, which I have limited experience).

I would also really love to meet other people who have a passion for the hobby, since most of my friends, while politely interested, I think may be a little sick of hearing about RC helicopters Smile

Also I'm further motivated to have someone more experienced take a look at my helicopter after a repair job I am just completing. Unfortunately, I believe the cyclic servo gears stripped mid-flight, causing a very uncontrollable chopper resulting in my first crash Frown

I have read that you like to get to know people before considering new applications and I am also aware of the posts regarding the conditions of the flying field thanks to this tremendously "wonderful" weather we've been having.

Nevertheless, weather report shows we may actually have some sun from Friday, so if it the field is not under a foot of water and there are people out, I'd love to come down and meet you all.

Patrick

My Fleet:...... Blade 400 3D,... Blade mCP X v2,... Blade mSR
Simulator:..... Phoenix Flight Sim ...... Transmitter:... DX6i ...

(07-03-2012, 12:50 PM)RC_Pilot Wrote:  Hey guys.

I'm a self-taught RC helicopter pilot (initially following RADD's online flight school, plus sim and practicing on smaller heli's).
I now have a modest fleet of heli's with the Blade mSR, Blade 400 and recently added mCP X v2.

It took a while but I am getting pretty confident with the Blade 400, can hover in all (upright) orientations, fly CW/CCW circuits, figure 8's and recently performed my first "3D" manoeuvre (simple forward rolls) with success.

I'm doing pretty well on my own, but I want to take my skills further and I know I would benefit from the vast knowledge and experience of people like yourselves (especially on the mechanical side of things, which I have limited experience).

I would also really love to meet other people who have a passion for the hobby, since most of my friends, while politely interested, I think may be a little sick of hearing about RC helicopters Smile

Also I'm further motivated to have someone more experienced take a look at my helicopter after a repair job I am just completing. Unfortunately, I believe the cyclic servo gears stripped mid-flight, causing a very uncontrollable chopper resulting in my first crash Frown

I have read that you like to get to know people before considering new applications and I am also aware of the posts regarding the conditions of the flying field thanks to this tremendously "wonderful" weather we've been having.

Nevertheless, weather report shows we may actually have some sun from Friday, so if it the field is not under a foot of water and there are people out, I'd love to come down and meet you all.

Patrick

your in the right place patrick . WE have some very good heli pilots in the club , i'm sure if you take the time you'll get to know a lot more about helicoptors and flying them from what i've seen . helicoptors being potentially lethal . seek the instructors out before any flying , they're a good bunch . you can talk about all aspects of the hobby here , we're all nerds of flying and very interested . Biggrin

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

+1 for rotary flight.

Come down and visit and say hello. One of the very few clubs where rotary and fixed wing fly together. I don't mean at the same time, what I mean is that we are one bunch of chaps and don't split up in to planes in the morning and helis in the afternoon like many clubs.

Thanks for the welcome Smile

I did manage to duck down to the field for a bit yesterday. Everyone seemed pretty friendly, until of course I told them I was into choppers. Haha just kidding.

Would love to meet some more of you, especially other heli pilots so I can stay focussed on where I'm heading.

On a positive, I managed to get my mCPX inverted for the first time on the weekend which was pretty exciting. Did a bunch more flying on it today, flipping in and out of inverted and inverted hovering (nose-in-inverted only at this stage). Pretty neat. It was actually a little easier than I expected once I practiced the inverted flight controls on the sim.

Just waiting to get the 400 back up in the air.

My Fleet:...... Blade 400 3D,... Blade mCP X v2,... Blade mSR
Simulator:..... Phoenix Flight Sim ...... Transmitter:... DX6i ...

Hello all, my name is Matt.
I'm a noobie to this hobby of rc planes but the internet has taught me alot + Phoenix sim ( Does'nt mean i can fly ),hopefully soon.Also i've seen a few guys flying at your field.I'll be patient and learn to walk first.

Hi Matt - I think we met at the field a week or so ago. Hope you managed to get there this weekend. There was a great turn-out (I've heard from reliable sources) and we haven't had many opportunities to really party lately.

Steve Murray

Thanks Steve,
Can't mistake me (brown vh commodore). As for the weekend,perfect weather and many people.

(01-04-2012, 07:19 PM)matto Wrote:  Thanks Steve,
Can't mistake me (brown vh commodore). As for the weekend,perfect weather and many people.

Hopefully Matt we have good Weather For Next Saturday and a big Turn out.
And Yes did Notice the Car, My First car was a Vc V8 Commordore.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi guys
Looking forward to coming down the field and meeting some new people.
i am going to be moving into the area from melbourne for job requirements so will be needing a new flying site and hopefully some new friends along the way

Look forward to meeting you Barry.
Hopefully Sydney weather will have improved by the time you
arrive here and we can all get some flying done.
Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

G'day Bazza,

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Welcome to our forum Bazza. Visitors & potential new members always welcome at the field as well. You will find all members friendly & willing to help where possible & if needed.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I have just moved in close to your field, and was very happy to find your club on the internet! Sorry if this turns into a big blab, usually i am more of a lurker Smile

I have been "attempting" to fly both R/C Heli's and plane's for years.. but lack of confidence and support has always hampered me. I had been under the impression that joining a club (and especially the insurance) was cost prohibitive, but i was impressed to see this isn't necessarily the case with you guys!

fortunately (or unfortunately if you want to look at it that way!) the lack of confidence kept me in search of aircraft that would bolster my confidence (ie. fly easier). my favourite is my trex 500 which i have hovered 6-7 times in an underground carpark, a relatively unflown flybarless trex450 (wanted to convert the 500 to FBL, but couldn't find a decent headset at the time). Most of my flying has been indoors on a blade MSR, and recently a blade MCPx2 ( a nice little heli, but quick!).

I would also love to fly planes, and in that vain have a parkzone T-28 Trojan, and a much much smaller eflite micro-cub.

I hope to be able to drop into the airfield one of these coming Saturdays and meet some of you, i would love to get some help, and hopefully some instruction on flying (i have a JR 9XII if anyone is willing to buddy with me)

anyways, hopefully meet some of you soon!
Kent

Hi Kent,

You are more than Welcome to Drop down on the Weekend, I'm Sure there will be many willing to Help, give Advice or just Chit Chat, including Me.

When the weather permits, we do operate on both Saturdays (after 8:00am) and Sundays (after 9:00am) , I would recommend you keep an eye on our forum, in particular the "Flying this weekend ..." thread which usually contains some activity on Thursdays and Fridays where members indicate their intent to gather at the field on a weekend, if the weather during the week has been good.
As you will see in Field Condition sometimes our Field gets a bit wet, But when its Good and we get in there and do a lawn bowl runway, Its the Best Field around I reckon Smile

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi Kent
As Steve said, you are more than welcome, you will find our club full of very easy going people that are more than happy to help out with any assistance you need.
What mode do you fly?
We have a number of qualified instructors that will get you flying with safety and confidence in no time flat (as long as you join our fine club and give us all your money!)
The wisdom and knowledge we have available will make sure that anything you want to fly is sorted out and flying on rails in a heart beat.
Hope to see you down at the field soon.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I am hoping that this weekend stays clear so that i can drop in atleast one of the days.

Gaz, I am flying Mode 2.. As soon as i am allowed, i will be more than keen to sign up, pay my dues and take to the skies (hopefully buddied up to someone rather than giving a demonstration of a model kamikaze pilot). I read on the membership page that there are limited spots, hopefully i can scrape in!

A "Hughes" who flies helis, prefers Mode 2, and has a T-28 parkzone - don't we have one of those already? Smile

Welcome Kent, be good to meet you at the field some time. Come down to the field when we're dried out and open and you'll find any number of people who can help you out. And be sure to look out for your "doppelganger" Dave (a.k.a Skidz).

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

G'day Kent,
Welcome aboard Smile Hope to see you down the field soon, I'll be there on Saterday if the weather's fine, if not before

Jason

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Claudio, your talents extend way beyond Wink .

Kent, c'mon down. Trex 450.. nice heli. Trex 500.. very nice. mCPx.. also very nice. T28.. I have one of them too. Like Claudio said... "spooky". Same surname as well. Do you drive a Mazda? Please say no (just joking). When you see my signature you will understand that we have similar tastes. Uncanny actually. And finally another heli pilot flying mode 2 (other than kizza who hasn't flown a heli in yonks anyway).

Anything heli, I am happy to help. Planes I fly but we have many instructor rated pilots who are also happy to get you flying.

Gday everyone Smile

Names Kev and I'm a newbie to the hobby.
I have enjoyed flying the cheap $25 planes and choppers that i got from paddys markets a few years ago. You know the ones that recharge from the remote? lols, had good fun with them, until my cousins lost my plane up a tree, and my cat destroyed the chopper, getting his satisfying revenge lol

I am looking around for something bigger this time that actually flies like a plane. I've seen the cool hd vid on the homepage and i cannot wait to get started!

Its a pleasure meeting everybody!

Cheers
Kev Smile

Hi Kev & welcome to our forum. I noticed on your other thread, that you have (for this hobby) tight budget restrictions. The start up costs can eat quite heavily into the budget, namely a reputable transmitter that has facilities for a trainer cord (whilst not compulsory, gives your plane the best chance of survival during the learner period). Secondly the cost of joining a club (Our fees currently $237) if you are to fly anything better than a park flier that complies with council regs at the limited public fields that allow flying at all. It is compulsory to join our club to fly at our field as the membership includes insurance. The actual cost of planes can be kept to minimal budgets but the best trainer planes can a little on the budget eating side.
We always welcome new members, so keep an eye on our "flying this weekend" thread to see if the weather gods have been kind enough to make our field dry enough to fly on, and come on down to meet the guys face to face and see what a warm & friendly group we are. When conditions are right, you will see the vast variety of planes we fly as cheap as under $50 to $1,000+. Our guys are chatty & is the best place to be guided to the right beginner purchases.

Morning morning!

Just a new guy who works in Parramatta/lives in Blacktown looking into getting into another hobby (as my car is stuck in the middle of a build... 1968 mini cooper).

Always enjoyed watching the planes up in Hornsby as a kid (26 now) and thought I might enquire as to the best way to get into the RC Plane world Smile.

Oh, and you may have guessed, the name is Alex Smile

Hi Alex & welcome to our forum.
The RC aircraft world for me started when I saw our guys perform their magic at Parramatta Park, Australia Day 2011. I was invited to our field to meet the guys, ask multitudes of questions and learn how to best lighten the wallet in the pursuit of developing the skill necessary to eventually fly solo in safety.
Please feel free to follow the footsteps of many of our club members by visiting our Saturday or Sunday morning flying days. You will find plenty of us able to guide you as a newby as we are a sociable bunch. Take the time to read the history in this and other newbie threads, you will find heaps of info not needed to be repeated.

I'll probably drop by in a few weeks (moving in 1 1/2 weeks) and will get some advice! Cheers mate Smile

See you soon. As a club n00b myself, I can honestly say it's a great, welcoming place.

Hi everyone,

I am keen to get into this hobby and I haven't been to the field as yet but will get there as soon as work allows ( I travel overseas a lot with work ).

Don't know much at all about what I sort of plane I should buy that is suitable for beginners.

Looking forward to coming down to the field and chat with the experts who have been there and done that. :-))

Cheers

Shane

Hi Shane,

You are more than Welcome to Drop down on a Weekend when you can, I'm Sure there will be many willing to Help, give Advice or just Chit Chat, including Me.

When the weather permits, we do operate on both Saturdays (after 8:00am) and Sundays (after 9:00am) , I would recommend you keep an eye on our forum, in particular the "Flying this weekend ..." thread which usually contains some activity on Thursdays and Fridays where members indicate their intent to gather at the field on a weekend, if the weather during the week has been good.

Its a Great Hobby with lots of Adrenalin rush flying.

Steve Smile

Edit - Parkzone T28 Trojan, Spektrum Tx, That is my Tip, and with a Buddy Setup you will be looking into the skies for hours of enjoyment.