Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

G'day guys. Im not a Sydney resident (Brisvegas), but have been on here since end of May. Was at the field back on 28 & 29 May while visiting my brother(gbanger) for his b'day.
Its been a good read you'll see me lurking from time to time catching up on the latest info.
Cheers

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Airfield- P51 - weak main landing gear struts, bends easily on landing.
Freewing- F86- on my second
ParkZone T-28- sooooo cool
Dynam Meteor

HET- Me163(in hangar building)

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

Kills F-86, T-33,L-39, Skyfunx2

Simon - great to hear from you!
I thought Gazz told me that you'd picked up one of the Parkzone F4F Wildcats since you'd returned to Brisbane and got into RC flying, but it's not in your signature list? Never mind, when you're back in Sydney next, you can have a fly of ours!
See you again some time I hope,
Steve (... and Owen)

Steve Murray

hey simon good to hear from ya mate Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(06-10-2011, 12:15 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Simon - great to hear from you!
I thought Gazz told me that you'd picked up one of the Parkzone F4F Wildcats since you'd returned to Brisbane and got into RC flying, but it's not in your signature list? Never mind, when you're back in Sydney next, you can have a fly of ours!
See you again some time I hope,
Steve (... and Owen)

Hi Steve, in the end i didn't get one. I listened to Gaz and bought what he recommended....and now i've caught this disease where one just isn't enough....Icon_twisted
I've destroyed a number of Skyfuns which has been both exciting and disappointing, but each subsequent model has been better than the previous iteration. I fly from home which has a number of obstacles which makes it pretty exciting but also leads to inevitable crashes.

Currently building the Me-163 but its slow going.

Cheers

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Dynam Meteor

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

No worries Simon, all part of the fun. Well, the offer stands - next time you're here you're welcome to a fly of the Wildcat anyway.
All the best,
Steve

Steve Murray

(07-10-2011, 11:19 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  No worries Simon, all part of the fun. Well, the offer stands - next time you're here you're welcome to a fly of the Wildcat anyway.
All the best,
Steve

Awesome- thanks SteveBiggrin

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Dynam Meteor

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

Hello All,

I have been following the boards for some time and have recently been encouraged to purchase a trainer and a new radio (I ended up getting the Futaba 6J radio and a FlyZone Sensei Rx-R and a handful of lipos to match).

I am hoping to come along to meet a few of you and have a chat about membership and about flying in general. I've been into R/C cars (nitro and electric) for about 20 years, but this is my first time RCing in 3D. Should be entertaining.

On the "About our field" page I notice that the weekends seem to be the best time to catch you guys - but was wondering if anyone is around during the week (I read that sometimes on Wednesdays)?

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I am going to be popping in to have a chat and hopefully get some advice and to learn from those in the know!

Cheers,

Ryan

(31-10-2011, 11:32 AM)Ryan Wrote:  Hello All,

I have been following the boards for some time and have recently been encouraged to purchase a trainer and a new radio (I ended up getting the Futaba 6J radio and a FlyZone Sensei Rx-R and a handful of lipos to match).

I am hoping to come along to meet a few of you and have a chat about membership and about flying in general. I've been into R/C cars (nitro and electric) for about 20 years, but this is my first time RCing in 3D. Should be entertaining.

On the "About our field" page I notice that the weekends seem to be the best time to catch you guys - but was wondering if anyone is around during the week (I read that sometimes on Wednesdays)?

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I am going to be popping in to have a chat and hopefully get some advice and to learn from those in the know!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

We do sometimes fly during the week occasional, but Your Best Bet is to Catch up with the club members on the weekend Sat/Sun from about 9am - 1pm down at the Flying Field
And you will get alot of Friendly advice and more Info about the Club what we fly and about joining.

Just do a check on Friday Night or early sat morning to see if guys will be down there on Flying this weekend thread, as weather and Field Condition plays alot in when and when not we Fly

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

hi , my name is Frank , i'm 42 years old , and recently interested in getting back into flying , i have been out to the club fields 3 times with secant0give who'm i've known for over 20 years , i have met a few of you guys in the club already , i have a cessna 182 RTF which JASE has given a couple of filghts for me , just purchased a great deal DX6i here with receivers as recommended by many .
a little brief history on me , i used to fly rc 2 stroke 46 to 60 size planes , started 20 years ago , finished about 13 years ago after having children, anyhow slowly getting back into it , boy have times changed , nicads out , radio tags out, combustion engines obsolete to some degree , and new batteries and hypo electric motors . seems i've got a lot to learn .
i'm a fitter by trade in heavy machinery , such as cranes trucks and forks etc . I'll need training again as its been some time . anyhows see you's on here or on the field . cheers .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

welcome aboard Frank Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(06-11-2011, 11:35 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  I'll need training again as its been some time . anyhows see you's on here or on the field . cheers .

Its like riding a bike, you never forget, just out of practice. you will be out flying most of us in no time.

Welcome and see you at the field.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(06-11-2011, 11:35 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  i have a cessna 182 RTF which JASE has given a couple of filghts for me

And which looks very nice and scale in the air. Welcome Frank! Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself. Names Daniel I bought my first plane in OCT 2011, previously I use to race nitro cars, and wow! What an change. Planes are truly amazing. My first issue was trusting the plane would actually fly :-/ which obviously they do but for a beginner I still couldn't Grasp the idea that these light things glide through the air, silly I know, but in the short months I have gained a true respect for planes and they have been really good to me, no major crashes the few props and 2 wings, but all in all I'm having the best time! And sharing this with other like minded people will take the cake! Thanks for having me! Daniel

In the Hanger AKA Bedroom....
- Cessna 182 Skyartec 1x Red1x Blue
-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-Twister Police Helicopter 4CH
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid Lol

Hi Daniel,
I am still a novice to this entoxicatingly addictive hobby, and can best comment from experience that although the Cessna is a good training plane, a flight simulator (Phoenix in my opinion is perfect) which utilises your dx6i is less harsh on the wallet as crashed planes fix themselves. I can also recommend that bigger high wing trainers help with much needed confidence in progressing to competence because of their stability in the air. The Eflite Apprentice fits that bill perfectly. Our club is full of willing helpers in your progression & buddy cords with instructors will allow members to practice with real planes.
Welcome to the club.
Cheers,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne! Yes I have heard of Pheonix and have been using it for about a month which built that little bit of confidence to actually attempt take off Biggrin
The 2 Cessna's I have are 1 meter wingspan and the 310 is 1.1m span. Once in the air these planes are fantastic I love em!

In the Hanger AKA Bedroom....
- Cessna 182 Skyartec 1x Red1x Blue
-Durafly Cessna 310 1.1m
-Twister Police Helicopter 4CH
-105cm 3CH Heli
-FMS F6F Hellcat 1.4m
-Lanyu Texan AT-6 1.4m
-FMS Alpha Jet
-FMS F16 Falcon
-HK EP-Pitts 1.0m

- Tx Dx8

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid Lol

G'Day all,

I've met a few members down at the field recently, but thought I'd post here to introduce myself properly.

I'm a newbie to the hobby, still learning the basics of fixed wing. I've also tried my hand at helis to mixed results. (cheap HK parts helped a lot with this)
Learned about the club through Claudio, who has very kindly been mentoring me on the UM Mossie. I'm looking forward to maybe getting a Trojan to start learning in earnest. With the long term goal of having enough skill and nerve to fly the Berkut, not until many many more hours on the sim though Wink
Otherwise, I'm into R/C submarines, mainly Russian stuff. But I think I really need a more exciting method of losing models, a few bubbles and an empty pond just doesn't hold that much excitement compared.

Anyway, look forward to meeting more members,
Angus.

E-Flite Vapor
PZ Ultra Micro Mosquito
Durafly T-28 Trojan
HK FW-190-A8
E-Flite Ultra Micro MiG-15
FMS Stuka (Woo Hoo!)
Langxiang Su-47 Berkut
HK450 Heli

Welcome Angus - hope you enjoy the hospitality and our cosy flying field.

(07-01-2012, 10:43 PM)ConcreteTurtle Wrote:  ... I'm looking forward to maybe getting a Trojan to start learning in earnest.

I'm not alone when I say that this is a VERY good idea. The PZ Trojan isn't cheap compared to a large number of other offerings, but it seriously is a superb design. I don't know anyone who's flown it and not admired its versatility. Of course, I'm biased, I have one myself ... but it's just great.

Steve Murray

Hi GuysBiggrin

I'm Adrian, and am totally new to flying RC planes, i've been researching for a while and have decided to get a dx7s and phoenix to protect the innocent (and my wallet!!) before i start the real thing. i haven't been out to the airfield yet but plan on doing so in the next few weeks when i've had some practice to say gday and meet you all.

I have a dream to fly the LX su47 like concrete turtle, so i'll look out for you when i'm down angus!

Till then, happy flying and hope to meet you all soon!

Adrian

Gday Adrian and welcome to our club, and forum. If you can't get to the field this weekend, and you're free on Australia Day, come down to Paramatta Park early in the morning & you'll see us all there putting on our annual flying display.

Phoenix is the life $aver of many RC pilot$. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi,

Just joined the forum today. I have not yet met anyone from the club, but I have seen some of you flying from the other side of the park while letting my dog run wild in the off-lead area on the other side of the marsh/creek.

Have flown for the first time last month, flying someone elses Hobbyzone Champ. Probably now have 5 hours flight time, spread out over 10 or so sessions. Have got it now up to being able to keep it mostly stable.

Was thinking I might buy myself a Super Cub RTF, as I know I will have limited funds (and especially time) this year for anything new. I am aware that if I want to get serious I would need to get another controller, but $220-$300 for the plane ready to go with controller and money left over for maybe a spare wing and spare props..... I am finding it hard to resist.

Welcome Ben (I'm glad you managed to get past the email issue too).
You'll hopefully get lots of advice but I'd recommend ...

1. Your first purchase being a simulator (even if it's a cheap one with a fake transmitter ~ $25 on eBay, but the more sophisticated examples like Phoenix and RealFlight are better).
2. Get a plane that has four-channels already - the Champ doesn't have ailerons, which means it's very much less like a real plane (unless you want to cut your own ailerons into the wing as one of our members has done).

Feel free to drop by next time you see us at the field as it's much easier to discuss the finer technicalities Smile

Steve Murray

Hi my Name is Paul, am interested in getting back into the model hobby after 14 years. I have plenty experience with Nitro 1/8th Cars and a bit of limited experience with Kyosho concept 30 Heli (OS32 & JR Propo) long time ago in the UK.

Am interested in learning Fixed wing flying for noobs, have been browsing the forums but need to take the plunge (when finances allow). I think your location & club would be ideal as I work and live around the Castle Hill area.

I see the DX7 or DX8 seem to be the standard Radio gear these days, but need some recommendations into what models would be suitable for a middle aged beginner.

Thank in advance Paul

Hi Paul
You are welcome to come down to the field any weekend we are flying (if the bloody rain ever stops). and introduce yorself. We require all perspective club members to visit regularly to get to know everyone.
You will find directions to our field on our home page. Drop in and say geday.
The spectrum radios are an excellent beginners or even advanced radio. If you are planning on getting into the hobby seriously you are better off to bite the bullet and buy yourself a good radio from the start. I would recommend the DX8 as it is a radio that will grow with you.
As to a good beginners plane the list is endless, there are a lot of good aircraft out there. If you have some previous skills the Parkzone T28 Trojan is a plane that many pilots buy, you will find about 10 members in our club have them.
But before you race out and spend your hard earned money, drop buy the field so you can have a look at the variety of aircraft that are available so you can make an informed decision.
Something else you should consider to help you improve your skills and get flying sooner is a RC flight simulator, once again there are cheep ones and more expensive ones, but they will make a big difference to you flying and confidence.
Hope to see you down at the field soon.
Cheers Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Cheers Gaz, I might have a mosey down one of these weekends if the wife lets me out on Parole.

In the mean time I will continue to read your excellent forum.

Thanks Paul

Hi all,
New member here. I am wanting to get into the wonderful world of flying. Thought I'd start with RC and go from there. I love my warbirds and in particular the F4-U Corsair. Wonderful planes, and will always love them.
Hoping to come down to the field when its not raining, and say hello and get some advice. Getting ready to purchase something, but want to look around and get ideas first.
Well I hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to catching up with you guys down at the field

Welcome to the forum.
Yes rain has been a consistant problem all year with us.
If you have not flown before I suggest that you get down to our field next time we are flying
and introduce yourself. Plenty of people will be happy to give you some advice and it may save you
from buying something unsuitable for first time flying.
We all started off wanting the best aircraft we could afford first but quickly realised that there is a lot to learn before going for a plane that will scare the pants off you as soon as you try to take off Smile

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Thanks Paul,
I certainly do plan on coming down and saying hi before I buy anything. Also want to have a look around at a few things before I commit.
Had been hoping to pop in for a visit this weekend, will keep a close eye on the weather.
Looking at selling my car, to make flying far more realistic and enjoyable Wink will have to just manage to get it past the Mrs to be!!

Just remember that you will need a car to transport you around with your gear
and you will probably use it to charge your batteries too Smile
We all also have the Mrs problems Smile

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Sorry, should've clarified, getting rid of the sports car and keeping the 4wd wagon!
It is my husky car... i also do a bit of husky sledding in the winter months, need to still do something when its raining!! Wink
So still amply equipped for transportation!! haha