Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi, 

My name is Meor Shazilli. I just moved to Condell Park about 2 months ago from Griffith  NSW. I am from Malaysia.

I have flown RC airplane since 2002. Now, I only fly EP models. I do have experience flying nitro engines models too.

I would love to be permitted to visit the club's flying site asap.

Kind regards,

Meor Shazilli

Hello Meor Shazilli,
You are very welcome to come and visit our fly field and you can bring a couple of planes with you. Our Club is electric only due to the area we fly in.
We fly every Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting). Do you know where our field is located?
Always check this forum and weather the day before to see if people will be flying.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Hi all, just bought a mini apprentice and hoping to get back into flying rc again. Has been quite a while and hoping to come down to the field and introduce myself and hopefully become a member. Is anyone heading over there anytime soon? Thanks in advance, Greg.

Hi Greg

A few of were at Mccoy park yesterday. It was good to catch up after a busy leadup to Christmas. As Todd said weekends after 9.30 with good weather and members present the club is open and you can have a fly.

Happy new year.

srl

Hi all,

I’m George, 

Happy New Year.  

I’m new to the 
I’ve recently started flying drones and looking to get into FPV for recreation.  Perhaps get into the racing when I’ve brushed up on skills and more confident in flying. 

Looking to learn from others on all aspects of the quads. 
Hoping to meet other pilots to learn from regarding building and maintaining RC drones, as well as flying acro. 

George

Hi All,

My name is Liam, I walked into the field today to have a bit of a sticky beak, I met a few of you but I'm hopeless with names sorry!

I've had an RC plane since 2002 (a Kyosho trainer originally with an OS LA 40, and then converted to electric), however in that plane I had 1 successful take off and 0 sucessful landings Smile

I have just got myself a new radio and fitted it to my second plane (a Bix 3 I've had for 8 years but never flown) so I'm looking to come out and hopefully get some guidance on setup and flying. I'm in Glenwood.
Thumbs Up 

(26-02-2023, 09:51 PM)caffeine Wrote:  Hi All,

My name is Liam, I walked into the field today to have a bit of a sticky beak, I met a few of you but I'm hopeless with names sorry!

I've had an RC plane since 2002 (a Kyosho trainer originally with an OS LA 40, and then converted to electric), however in that plane I had 1 successful take off and 0 sucessful landings Smile

I have just got myself a new radio and fitted it to my second plane (a Bix 3 I've had for 8 years but never flown) so I'm looking to come out and hopefully get some guidance on setup and flying. I'm in Glenwood.

Thank you so much for getting me up and flying today! I'm very happy  Smile

Now I'm browsing rc plane sites to decide what's next!

Hi everyone 

I found the club on line a few weeks back. I have been build a few flite test foam board planes with no where really to test them…. Not legally anyway. 

I have a couple of delta wings I have been playing with. 

I went to the field the other day and met a few members who helped me try to get my latest project in the air. 

I am looking forward to some maidens for a bunch of builds really. Will attach some pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's an awesome collection of stuff!  Thumbup

(11-06-2023, 06:54 PM)camdoggs Wrote:  Hi everyone 

I found the club on line a few weeks back. I have been build a few flite test foam board planes with no where really to test them…. Not legally anyway. 

I have a couple of delta wings I have been playing with. 

I went to the field the other day and met a few members who helped me try to get my latest project in the air. 

I am looking forward to some maidens for a bunch of builds really. Will attach some pics

Hey Camdoggs,

Great-looking planes.

The best time to come down is Saturday or Sunday morning.

See you soon.

Cheers,
Andrew

(11-06-2023, 08:33 PM)caffeine Wrote:  That's an awesome collection of stuff!  Thumbup

Yeah…. It’s mostly un tested…. I figure its probably time to learn how to fly lol

That’s pretty much the reason why I built the trainer

(12-06-2023, 12:42 AM)camdoggs Wrote:  
(11-06-2023, 08:33 PM)caffeine Wrote:  That's an awesome collection of stuff!  Thumbup

Yeah…. It’s mostly un tested…. I figure its probably time to learn how to fly lol

That’s pretty much the reason why I built the trainer

Cameron,

Do you have a Simulator to practice on?

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah I have had some over the years. One that my Tx plugged into. I should probably brush up.

Do you know of any simulators that have any elevon only models?

(12-06-2023, 12:04 PM)camdoggs Wrote:  Yeah I have had some over the years. One that my Tx plugged into. I should probably brush up. 

Do you know of any simulators that have any elevon only models?

Cameron,

Most Simulators have plenty of planes to choose from.

I use Phoenix RC, but there are others. You can get a Simulator at the hobby shop or much cheaper on eBay or AliExpress.

We recommend a Simulator to every new pilot, they are great to learn on and fun as well.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi,

I am Evgeny, live in Westmead.

Like wasting foam boards and hot glue Smile

Best Regards,
Evgeny

(16-06-2023, 10:51 PM)EvgenyMuryshkin Wrote:  Hi,

I am Evgeny, live in Westmead.

Like wasting foam boards and hot glue Smile

Best Regards,
Evgeny

Hey Evgeny,

Pop out Saturday I have some stuff for you.

Cheers,

Andrew  Evgeny

Hi,

I'm Keith, live in Toongabbie just across the street from the field. I've done some slope soaring in the past, excited to try out some powered gliders at the field.

Thanks,
Keith

(31-08-2023, 08:27 PM)litghost Wrote:  Hi,

I'm Keith, live in Toongabbie just across the street from the field.  I've done some slope soaring in the past, excited to try out some powered gliders at the field.

Thanks,
Keith
Welcome to the forum, Keith,  looking forward to see you at the field soon !

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

(01-09-2023, 11:18 AM)dfw Wrote:  
(31-08-2023, 08:27 PM)litghost Wrote:  Hi,

I'm Keith, live in Toongabbie just across the street from the field.  I've done some slope soaring in the past, excited to try out some powered gliders at the field.

Thanks,
Keith
Welcome to the forum, Keith,  looking forward to see you at the field soon !
Hi Keith,

Pop over on Saturday to meet Club and have a look.

Cheers,

Andrew