Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sticky: Introduce Yourself Here!
Thumbs Up 

Hi all,

Looking to become a new member of your club and would like some assistance :?: . I look forward to visiting the airfield sometime soon and also I am keen to purchase a plane of my own. All help would be apreciated.

Tony

G'day Tony,

Your more than welcome to come down when the weather is good and have a chat on what to get and what not to get! Keep an eye on the "Flying this Weekend..." thread to see when we'll be down there.
If the weather is good we will probably be down tomorrow between 9 and 12

how are you tony, welcome to the site, i too am yet to join but have visited the fields afew times now, the guys are great and there is plenty of info to be had in just chatting with people, im new to the game as well and depending on how much knowledge you already have on the electric side of things it might be worthwhile having a read of my easy sport build thread as im coming in knowing nothing and have a few mistakes already been pointed out to me in there.
catch ya round mate Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hi Guys, I've been coming down to the field for a few weeks now (although I didn't have a chance this weekend). It's great to find so much help and advice at the club and everyone's very friendly. I'm keen to get airbourne but need to do a bit of work. I've got a couple of planes that have been gathering dust in the rafters of the garage for years. One is a "Lark" Sports Slope Soarer I built in the early nineties and only flew briefly before damaging the nose. I 'm going to convert it to Brushhless and have already received parts from the last order (Thanks for free delivery Kieren). I bought a Turnigy SK35-36 910 motor, 40A ESC & 2X 1.8 Lipo's & a few props. I plan to mount the motor on the nose and hopefully it will fly (with some help from an instructor). I've flown gliders in the past but never learned to fly power models (although my glider did have a .05 nitro pylon mounted to get it airbourne). Looking forward to flying soon. Off on a 10 day holiday to Fiji tomorrow, so will continue this project later. See you down at the field in a couple of weekends.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

enjoy fiji bud , see you in the air soon Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Back in Sydney again. Cold compared to Fiji!
Probably pop down to the field tomorrow to say hello and watch some flying.
Still haven't done any work on converting my Glider to brushless. Only attached a Prop to the motor.
Will start soon as soon as I get some materials & epoxy. Here are some Photos:

Attached Files
.jpg Lark.jpg Size: 92.63 KB  Downloads: 1,773
.jpg Glider_nose.jpg Size: 92.41 KB  Downloads: 1,793

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hi

Just a quick Hello to everyone, I met quite a few at the field today.
It was a quite an enjoyable experience, Thanks Darren and Richard for making me feel welcomed and for the
Advice on plane stuff etc.

Heres some of the planes that I'm flying at the moment,though the A-10 is in rebuild mode as I'm upgrading motors esc etc and body strengthening.
I love custom building and modding my planes as well as flying.
Hope to get to know all you guys at the field.

Regards
Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi,

I'm Kieran, I like crashing your planes!

Hi,

I'm Sunel and recently arrived in Oz i brought with me my toys and would want to fly and LEARN with great people. I will visit the flying site in the coming days and hope to meet you guys there.

Woops! - I forgot all about doing this ...

I'm Steve and I'm getting back into aeromodelling since being a control-line enthusiast in my teens - better late than never.
I have an unfortunate tendency to make simple things complicated, and often without being able to offer any simplifying answers either, I'm sorry to say.
I'm also a big fan of budget-level red wine and Bloody Marys - but not when flying!

Steve Murray

yarrumevets Wrote:Woops! - I forgot all about doing this ...

I'm Steve and I'm getting back into aeromodelling since being a control-line enthusiast in my teens - better late than never.
I have an unfortunate tendency to make simple things complicated, and often without being able to offer any simplifying answers either, I'm sorry to say.
I'm also a big fan of budget-level red wine and Bloody Marys - but not when flying!

lol Lol are you introducing yourself or seeking a relationship.. hehe

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

When I read back over it, I have to agree with you Kev - it sounds like I'm out for a cheap Saturday night pickup Redfaceops:

Steve Murray

lol i had a laugh when i read though i tend to go looking for comedy Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hello everyone

Thought I should get my first post happening and stop just sitting on the sideline.
Many thanks to everyone I have met since my first visit to the club in early January.
To those who have helped me with both technical and tutorial support many thanks.
Each visit has been relaxing, challenging and nervous, but I have had a ball.

Looking forward to every weekend thesedays
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

hey gary nice to meet you mate, im not sure if we have spoke down at the field, if not look forward to catching up down there.. you will see me lurking around the forum abit tho , i like to spam and flood the forum when i get bored at work Biggrin

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hi Gary,

good to hear from you - up up & away

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Gday all.
I used to fly fixed wing up 'till about 15 yrs ago...then came wife/kids/$$$$ (lack of) etc.
I'm now back in the hobby but with heli's. I started last year and have a Blade 400 and a Trex 500 Clone.
I am interested in joining your club as everyone on this forum seems as crazy as me, and it's fairly close to my home, Quakers Hill.
If anyone is flying this Wed 5th May, I'd like to come down to the field (with the boss's permission....gulp)

Thanks, hope to meet some of you soon.
Andrew.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hey Andrew,
nice to meet you mate, i myself wont be flying wednesday or this weekend as im going away but im sure there will be plenty at the field on saturday/sunday this week.
if you make it down the field the following weekend i look forward to meeting you. Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hi Andrew
Ive only been a member of the club since January and you wont find a better bunch of guys
I have a Trex 600ESP that I am leaning to fly so I look forward to meeting you.
I am away this weekend ( Mothers day) so hope to catch up the following wekend

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Hi,

I also have a couple of helis I want to start flying with but I am no good in helis. I don't know if it is me or that the helis are not set up properly. So, in the next few weekends, I'll bring the helis and see if someone can give me a bit of help.

Colin

Hi everyone, getting back to this hobby after some time, this time starting with every thing electric. Started with little trex heli then the second one now on my third. Mostly flying in my backyard. Started then off with cars currently e-maxx, slash then revo. Just got my self a princess boat from hk. My kids keep me away from my hobby butt they are old enough 2 and 4 to enjoy watching my big boys toys. Good to see like minded people here. So many toys and was wondering any one interested in same all round rc get-together. Need to join the club...

Hi all. Im a newbie to here as well. Bought a Trex 700 nitro a month or so ago & can get it to the stage where Im doing little hops with the slightest hover, so Im comming on but hey there is only so much room in the backyard especially for such a big craft. I figure to come & have a look around with the idea of joining. Sounds like fun.
Here is the beast.

[Image: IMG_0010-1.jpg]

I am also waiting on a 450 clone from Hobby King "PAID PROCESSING" cant wait till it says "sent".

[Image: HK450.jpg]

Very nice Richard, just a reminder that we are an electric only club, Your welcome to bring the 500 down anytime however.

G'Day Guys

Looking to pick-up this hobby, as i have always been interested in model plane flying since i was a kid. Seen a few clubs and was really taken by the relaxed nature of the guys i met you guys on the field last Saturday.

Been practicing alot on the sim and want to get some time in the real air.
Bought this crappy Island hoppper 4ch, couldn't get it to stay in the air and nose dived it once to many times.
Though i could fix it with a new brushless motor which i bought of ebay and now dont know what to do with it.
(CF2812-1534kv motor with a 30amp ESC)

Can i get some tips, as i noticed one of the lads has one of these planes in his set.
What do i need to put all this together again? Is this motor OK, what size battery and prop?? Whats a good charger??
Gary (Gbanger) put me on to the cheap DSX6i from Modelflight which i'm picking up for Fathers day.
Probably will come out again this Sat, may catch up again.

Cheers Pete

Happy to see that you're thinking of getting into it Pete. Let me see if I can help with a few of your questions ...

Island Hopper - yes, "samste" (another one of the club's Steves) had an IH, not sure whether he still has it in the hangar, but he will be best placed to offer advice on power-trains for that machine. I'm not the only one to have used the 2812 motor before and with a 3S battery and something like a 6x4 prop it would certainly have the necessary balls to get that plane into the air with enough power to be useful. Samste might recommend some more "energetic" setups, but the 2812 does have potential. One thing you would be advised to consider is getting a Wattmeter, that way you can slip a few different props on that motor and get one or two that offer the performance you need. If I remember correctly, that motor takes 5 inch to 7 inch props, so picking up a fistful of different diameters and pitches from your local hobby store (or HobbyKing!) would give you some scope to experiment. A 30A ESC is perfectly adequate, I'm sure the motor will reach its current limit before the ESC does on coarse 7 inch props. For a battery, I'd suggest nothing less than a 3S (11.1 volt) specimen, with a 1300 mAh capacity, perhaps 1500 mAh (or maybe larger - whatever you can fit in the airframe without shifting too far ahead of the recommended CoG for that plane).

Charger? - I'll have to let someone else comment here. I've got a "Swallow 2" charger and it's crap - it won't even carry out balanced LiPo charging without another expensive little add-on module. You're probably better off getting one of the Turnigy types from HobbyKing, but again - someone else will probably offer better advice on this topic.

See you Saturday if the weather holds up - but to be honest, it looks bad for Saturday, and not much better for Sunday.
All the best,
Steve

Steve Murray

(01-09-2010, 10:33 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  G'Day Guys

Looking to pick-up this hobby, as i have always been interested in model plane flying since i was a kid. Seen a few clubs and was really taken by the relaxed nature of the guys i met you guys on the field last Saturday.

Been practicing alot on the sim and want to get some time in the real air.
Bought this crappy Island hoppper 4ch, couldn't get it to stay in the air and nose dived it once to many times.
Though i could fix it with a new brushless motor which i bought of ebay and now dont know what to do with it.
(CF2812-1534kv motor with a 30amp ESC)

Can i get some tips, as i noticed one of the lads has one of these planes in his set.
What do i need to put all this together again? Is this motor OK, what size battery and prop?? Whats a good charger??
Gary (Gbanger) put me on to the cheap DSX6i from Modelflight which i'm picking up for Fathers day.
Probably will come out again this Sat, may catch up again.

Cheers Pete

I have Bit of knowlodge of Island Hopper as that was my First learner Plane and can Steer you in the right direction for Setup motor etc if you want.
Island Hopper Is a Great little Trainer and Flies Great on Brushless Setup and lipo with long flight times.
I may even Dust Mine Off and Bring Down Tommorow for a bit of Fun.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Greetings everyoneSmile I have been watching for a while nowShock.......So I thought it might be time to register and say helloBiggrin My interest atm is the Skyfun ever since kevvy showed me the link on this forum (hey Kev!)
Cheers - Jeff.Smile

.. Howdy... Didn't see this thread till now... Rolleyes Been down the field a fair few times now..
Run into Steve and Gary mostly. Although have said 'Hi' spoke to and met many others.. It's a top friendly relaxed atmosphere..
Anyway,, a bit of a late 'belated' HELLO I am Rob post.. Tounge

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking up this hobby, particularly helicopters. This is new for me, but would like to have a go at least.

Perhaps prematurely, I bought a Venom Night Ranger 3D recently and think I might need a few pointers on flying it. I checked out where your field is yesterday, and will get down to say hi to you all before I try my hand at flying.

Cheers,
Peter.

(05-12-2010, 09:03 PM)tc52 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking up this hobby, particularly helicopters. This is new for me, but would like to have a go at least.

Perhaps prematurely, I bought a Venom Night Ranger 3D recently and think I might need a few pointers on flying it. I checked out where your field is yesterday, and will get down to say hi to you all before I try my hand at flying.

Cheers,
Peter.

Welcome aboard mate, i'm a newbie myself and the guys in the club are super helpful. Just getting into Heli's myself and there are a few clever guys in the club who could definately help.

Pete

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)