Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who's going ? Pylon at Pitt Town 1 & 2nd of June

I thaught I'd continue this here rather than Hijack smuzz's HK thread

(29-04-2013, 10:48 PM)gbanger Wrote:  The PEMAC fun fly is on the 1st of June too... so will have to wait and see where my allegiance lies with that one?

There's allways Sunday the 2nd of june Gazz, If you were only going to go on one day that would be the day of choice.

(29-04-2013, 11:47 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  rare bear racing is fun . i was convinced it wasnt my cup of tea . could not understand why jason and cladio were into it . convinced myself i wasnt going into it . jason told me how cheap it is to have a great day and just try it . the rarebear tok 5 hrs to customize and mod and flew perfect on its maiden , i still cant work out how they fly life a 1/4 scale plane . but when your heartrate goes up 50% , the adrenalin comes with it . the whole part of it is fun , it's competitive , social , cheap , and fast . and you actually laugh when someones plane suddenly goes "SPLAT" BECAUSE THATS ALL PART OF IT .it may have been yours the week before , or next week . but some always do .

That's interesting Frank, What was it that had you convinced that Pylon racing wasn't for something for you and that you wern't going to get into it? I know you think compleetly differently about it now after trying it, but what was the initial barrier to giving it a go ???

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

wanted to see what it as like to fly a fast plane , and the cost was more than fair . so i thought if i dont like it . i havent spent much .
once tried it was the turning that was fun , and it took a few flies before i could fly one lap without backing off full throttle ,flying at 1/2 throttle it's hard to trim the plane , at full stick you just keep going hard,a good lap is awesome , you know when you've done a good lap because the level , the balance , the turn and the banking all sync in together , if you have a good race its like the plane is on the limit right through the race but perfectly flown and under control , many factors can change that , 1/10 second lapse of concentration , wind , other planes , your caller , the sun ,an error,other pilots , hearing a SPLAT, all these things put you into recovery mode , so a lot of time your plane is in recovery mode to try and keep the best racing line . being able to do 10 laps on full throttle using your flying to control the flight rather than the throttle is the BUZZ .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

well mate guess what . I'M rostered on that weekend after 7 rostered days off and then 3 days off after the weekend . the good news , i've booked in for the weekend off , the bad news , i have a wedding to go to . bugger . mothers day and now a wedding

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Next weekend is a NSWpylon's race day at Pitt Town!!
Come along, bring your fun fighter and join in a great days racing!!

Have a fly at, what is arguably one of the best fields in the country, (second only to McCoy park)

There will be heaps of fast, furious and very entertaining action with Q-500, F-400 and F5D classs being flown as well as FFC. Some of these things are SERIOUSLY fast !! Worth while coming along just to watch those!!

Cheer on the fearless Lads from PRCAC, Rumour has it that SRL might be dusting off his F-400 this week and we could see him fly it in anger on the weekend.

It really is a great days flying with a great bunch of guys. Pilots new to Pylon are always made most welcome and always go away at the end of the day saying they haven't had as much fun for years !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Can't make it Saturday, but will try and make it for Sunday.

/checks that it's not Mother's Day...

I'll be there!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

ill try and make it in between wedding i have to attend saturday eve .

I can't make it this time around - have fun!

Steve Murray

Good Stuff,

It should be an excellent day if the weather holds. The forcast is looking a little damp but it's a way off yet and there's plenty of time for it to improve.

BOTH RARE BEARS HAVE BEEN DIALLED IN AT Mckoy today . they fly identical .

Good stuff !!

All ready for the weekend then?? Smile

Sunday Rarebears Thumbup

Monday (not so Rare) Bears Paranoid

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Very Funny Lol

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

You cracked me up Claudio... how many in the box ... dare I ask?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(29-05-2013, 11:27 PM)gbanger Wrote:  You cracked me up Claudio... how many in the box ... dare I ask?

Haven't opened the box, but there's "only" supposed to be three!

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Excellent !! Ya gotta love that