Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pylon, Illawarra 12 of May, Who's going ??

It's not far away probably only a little over an hours drive.
What a great way to spend a Sunday!! See directions to the field
below.

Heading south on the Princes Highway. Exit left (east) on Northcliffe Drive. 800m turn right into Hooka Creek Road. 700m on the right is the field.

S34.48 E150.83 roughly.

Classes racing are....

RareBear, Q-500 & EF1.

Should be an excuse to get the pylons out for some practice over the next couple of weeks.

POST UP IF YOUR COMMING ALONG. IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE TO POOL CARS.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

You know I'm in! Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

possibly not . waiting for rare bears to become available at AUS warehouse . And secondly , it's mother's day.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Yes I know it's Mother's Day!!! ((Rhubarb and Bother)) << insert appropirate language here.

I blame Ian for that, being the secratery, He would have set the race dates.

It's cost me the price of a new dishwasher, a new kitchen bench and new sink, since the dishwasher can't be fitted with the existing arangement in place. Then on top of that there's the work of installing it all. Just to get enough brownie points up for a leave pass to fly Pylon.................................................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................................
..........................Small price to pay tho' Smile

At least, thankfully, I still have all my boady parts in tact after the negoations!!

One thing for sure, I'll be taking it out of his hide on the course !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hmm, Mother's Day. Forgot that. Hmm...

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

What do you mean you forgot "MOTHERS DAY".......... !!!!!!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Well It's looking like there will be a reduced turnout for Pylon racing at Illawarra.
But it looks like it's still going to be on.

I'm planning on going, I've got my No 1.a Viper's firewall back in and reinforced. It had been broken out during a bad landing after that last race at Nowra. It's had a good going over, the fuel tank's been out and cleaned, the plumbing is new. It's been test flown, got a new plug, tuned up sweet and it's running pretty hard. With a little luck & if I can fly a decent course, it should do OK. Smile

But more importantly, I've been busy in the kitchen. The new dishwasher is installed, running well and snugly mounted under a gleeming row of new kitchen cabinets. There are flash cupboards, draws and a shiny new bench top sporting a gleaming new sink as well. (who said pylon racing wasn't that expencive ????!!) Seriously tho' it needed to be done and the timing was right to negoiate a leave pass for mother's day Smile Win win win I'd reckon,

Looks Like I have a spare seat in the Car if anyone wants to coma along for a great days flying on Sunday. There will be some super action to see, as there will be some F5D models racing for the first time. I'll be heading out early tho' I want to be their field around 1/4 to 8

Post up if your keen to come along I could pick you up on the way through.

i'd love to come along , but i like my testicles better .Wired

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Fortune favours the brave old mate, and the gods are supposed to smile on fools as well.

Any takers on a free ride to Wollongong pylon on Sunday ??

With the demise of my MXSR, I think I will be a spectator tomorrow. Margaret is working tomorrow so I have a free day. If you like, I will keep you company for the trip. If there is a non racing time slot I may just take the Eratix if it will fit in your car.

(11-05-2013, 03:38 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  With the demise of my MXSR

Shock

(11-05-2013, 03:38 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  If there is a non racing time slot I may just take the Eratix if it will fit in your car.

I confidently predict that won't be an issue - you won't believe the number of planes that'll fit in the back of any car Jason is packing Thumbup

Sorry again I can't make it Jason!

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Good stuff Wayne,
I'll see you in the morning we can fit the Eratix in no probs !!

(11-05-2013, 04:55 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Sorry again I can't make it Jason!

No worries Claudio, I'll give 'em some curry for you Smile

Yes Jason - please say g'day to Jeremy, Ian, Ranjit, Tony Jones and the rest of the mob for us!

Steve Murray

Will do Smuzz

Wayne and I had a great day in Wollongong. The Flying conditions were just about perfict. The only slight, on the weather was, that by the late afternoon the sun came down to sit on the top of Pylon #2 and that made taking the second corner quite interesting because it meant flying right through the sun while turning hard at the same time.

The field at Wollongong is very nice, wide and open. It's all mowed short and the area available to land on is vast in all directions. The local guys made us feel very welcome and put on an excellent BBQ breakfast and lunch.

My viper was flying well and with Wayne calling, we gave the usuall suspects a bit of a hurry up.

F5D which was something new and man were they impressive !! Those machines really eat up the sky. There was a field 3 on the day, two HK Reverbs, flown by Jeremy and Tony Jones and a custom carbon machine of Tony Hows's. The fastest times were smoking, in the low 70s for the long course.

Being Mothers day, numbers were a bit down on the usual turnout, however there were enough people there to run the day nicely and it all went off very well.

Pittown here we come Smile

hmmm better start working on rarebear and spare bear .

Here's some video. For best viewing make sure you set it to view in full screen mode and the resolution to HD 720 and let it buffer. Neither are long videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnI78JQ1U88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJTNX6W5l1A