Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Goldwing Edge 540T

Welcome to the build thread for my new Super n cheaper 1800mm Edge 540T. I purchased this to replace my Sebart Sukhoi 140 2000mm. I will be installing all of the hardware from the Sukhoi into this aircraft...
Motor.. Hacker A60-24S 195kv 2200 watts
Prop.. APC 20" x 8"
ESC.. 10S Turnigy KForce 70 HV
Battery.. Turnigy 5000 10S 25C
Servos.. JRDS9501 6.5kgs x 5
Reciever.. Spectrum AR6200
BEC.. Turnigy UBEC 15A with 2S 2400mAh Lipo
Flight Weight.. Approx 4.3 kgs
It is sold by Super and Cheaper in Australia but they are actually made by Goldwing RC. I have opened to box and am more than happy with the quality of the build and finish.

http://www.superandcheaper.com.au/view_p...sp?id=1232

Here is a U tube link with my favorite new plane doing some sky dancing to my favorite music...cool as....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEi2i7OasE&feature=player_embedded

Cant wait to get this one finished... looks totally insane in the sky...

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Not much of a build thread... sorry about that, I got so enthralled in the build I forgot to take photos.
The only thing I have to report at this stage is that this thing is as well put together as any top of the range ARF I have build, and that includes Seb Arts.... I am really impressed with the quality, fit and finish of everthing. If it flies anywhere near as good as it looks, I can assure you I will be buying a few more of Super and Cheaper's products. I am almost finished the build and I give it 9.5 out of 10.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

ok we'll forgive you about lack of pics , in exchange for specifications and hardware , concluded with flying weight setup inc batteries Biggrin

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(03-05-2013, 10:09 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  ok we'll forgive you about lack of pics , in exchange for specifications and hardware , concluded with flying weight setup inc batteries Biggrin

I think that's a fair deal Smile

I reckon it will be heavier than 4.2 Kg Wink

I knew you'd like it Gazz, Those super and cheaper machines are really good value and pretty nicely made.

Mine are all running with Turnigy Motors and ESCs, good but cheap stuff from HK and they have been pretty reliable.
I will say that the G160 motors need the magnets grouted in with wests and micro fibre filler, if you want to run them on 12S and they are much quieter if you varnish or epoxy the windings in while you have the rotor off. Also the rotor will benefit from a good balance !!

Will we see it fly tomorrow ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I am running the gear out of my Seb Art Sukhoi 140 except for a new BEC
Hacker A60-24S 195kv 10S 5000 mAh spinning a 20 x 10 prop
Turnigy Kforce HV 70amp ESC
Turnigy 15amp BEC on 2s 2400 mAh
Spectrum AR6200 Reciever
JR DS9501 8kg Servos
I will let you know the flight weight it as soon as I get the electronics finished.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

awesome stuff .i'll be running similar setup on my super n cheaper YAK 55M.EXCEPT 12 S 3000mah AND 20X8,18X12,18X8 PROP .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Waiting on some big JR servo arms, speedie and some batteries. Should be in the sky by the end of the month, as long as HK get thier act together. Constuction is finished, motor mount and motor installed, servos and control linkages in, canopy and prop dry fitted and fasteners set. Need the speedie and batts to sort out the C of G before I make and fit the battery tray.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

That's a big birdy.

They might of well just put the horizontal stabilisers on pivots, there is only enough of them left to mount the elevator hinges to Leet

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Lookin' good Gazz,

Kind of dwarfs the 6 seater dining room table Smile

It will definitely have some PRESENCE in the air

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

very nice ! we might have to start a formation flying team .

/drools Nice!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Well that was the most trouble free build I have ever done. The only issue was designing and installing the main battery tray, and that is because it is designed for 30cc I/C motors
She is already packed in the van ready for maiden flight tomorrow out at PEMAC's open day.
I am pretty stoked about what a great plane it is.
Hope she flies half as good as she looks.... she certainly is a big sucker..... here are a few pics.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Very Nice Gazz, !!

It will fly beautifully I'm sure you'll love it !!

The only think I found with these gold wing models is you've got to put them down gently 'cause the undercarriage is a bit bendy.
I've straightened mine a couple of times after I let the vertical speed get a bit high on landing. No problem tho' they straightened out easy enough.

Good luck with the test flight tomorrow

That really looks the part Gary . love that prop.

Great stuff Gazza, will look just as impressive in the sky, I will be there to see the maiden.

Holy Forgotten Posts Batman, I completely forgot to prattle on about my bloody fantastic maiden flight out at PEMAC on Saturday....

To be perfectly honest there really isn't a lot to say, super, super impressed with abosolutley everything about this aircraft.
The build when without any issues at all, and it flew even better.
I knew the electronics package I had would work well because it came straight out of my Sukhoi 140 so there were no surprises there.
From the moment I pushed the throttle up it was like it knew what I wanted it to do.... almost ESP like..... is that possible.... why am I talking to my self....don't answer that... its a retorical question.
If you have been thinking about getting your first big aircraft... give the Super and Cheaper ARF airframes a chance... they will not dissapoint.
Gazz
BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

yep seeing this thing fly it looked just right in every way . never seen a maiden flight look like it was dialled in and fined tuned before , i was impressed with the speed of the snap roll right in front of the pilots box about 8ft off the ground and the dosile slow landing . what more can one say .

I knew you'd love it Gazz Smile

Well done, did anyone get any video ??

Yes mate. George did but we will have to wait to see how it turned out.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

AWSOME !!

Good stuff George!! Smile

well im now building one the same . i see you modified a few things . my wings are completed so far . its a very different frame to the yak 55m .