Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14/04/13 - Maitland Fun Fly - Who's going?

IK'll be there , took two days off work to attend , will be there sunday for sure , who's going ? what time ? and are we meeting anywhere ? oh and what planes are you taking ?

--Edit--
Lets put some consideration into our thread titles.
Kieran

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I'd like to go, but can't - I've got too many jobs on the to-do list here!
Have a great time 'tipper and please get some photographs.

Steve Murray

I'm day tripping on Sunday with Jason.

Not sure what I'm bringing yet (besides the spare bear)

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Yep we are heading out on Sunday morning. If you want to meet at my Place that would be good. I'm going to take the trailer and my genset as there is no power up there for charging Lipo's

I'm also going to take the fold up gazebo for some shade.

As far as planes go I'm thinking I'll take the Shoe-String as I've just made a foam box for it to go in the trailer, a RareBear and a spareBear of course. I'm also going to try and fit the Big YaK in, as it's Transport Box is nearly finished. I'll aslo probably take the wings off my little red Yak 54 and that can ride in the car.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Are you talking the 50cc yak ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

(09-04-2013, 01:24 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  Are you talking the 50cc yak ?

You mean this one ?

It's a 30cc Airframe I've got it in peices at the moment varnishing the windings in the motor to try and hold them still. I think that the wire might be moving around making all those funny noises when it's flying. I've tried heaps of things to find out where the whining nosies come from, I've even searched the air frame for stray cats.

Both G160 powered Yaks do the same thing so it will be interesting to see what sound yours makes when it's flying ?

If it doesn't stop the crazy noises it will still be an improvement, well according to our Ace motor people here at work motors work much better when the windings are potted with Epoxy and they should know a thing or two about brushless motors, they've made some the best.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

no i dont mean that one . but i'll be scrutinizing and taking notes and pics of that yak 55 m .
you know you have a bigger plane . 50cc petrol engine right ? Paranoid

Yep it's an Extra 330L it's sitting on the bench in the workshop at the moment
But even if it was ready to go I couldn't fly it on Sunday cause i think its an electric only day.
It may also need to be moped as well as it will probably be over 7kg
Hopefully it will be ready to fly in a few weeks if all goes well I have all the gear for it ready to go in. I just need to make a few hours to install it all

NEED ME'S A SPARE BEAR !!!!!

Did you give Jeremy a ring? you might be able to go and pick one up from him if he's got one.
I'll test you his number.

yeah i gave JEREMY a ring he is in WA . and was a little dissapointed he couldn't help . never mind , i tried . thanks for the help fellas . JEREMY TXT ME A NUMBER FOR TONY JONES , who is the pylon coordinator in the club at MAITLAND , and suggested he might be able to help me out . so i guess thats the last resort , and i may be able to have a PNF spare bear on standby . so i guess thats always an option , really wanted a customised one though to follow rarebear no1. never mind i had time to do this and didnt . DOH!
Was at hobbies in the hills today buying props and glues , the YAK 54 is gone , so JASON we both missed out on that one . and also . they had no APC 5X5 props .
ohhh well just received the new foamy from HK , BETTER GO AND BUILD IT NOW . . THOSE SK3 MOTORS ARE BEAUTIFULLY BOXED , AND COME WITH ALL ACCESORIES . VERY NICE MOTORS .

Here is the flier for The Maitland day Tony emailed it out today.
All are welcome to come along and enjoy a day of fast foam and fine scale

We need to have a strong presence from PRCAC just cant let those blokes from Pitttown have all the fun to them selves Wink

.pdf Electric FunFly2013.pdf Size: 137.15 KB  Downloads: 100

Sorry guys, can't make it to maitland this weekend. Got too much on this weekend.
Might be at McCoy field Saturday morning, if I can.

I would have come along ... but a few days notice isn't enough... sorry guys!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Although I will be home in time, by that time I will be all travvelled out. Have clocked up nearly 2500km so far and am only in Mudgee on way home. So will be a McCoy field fly for me.

Well it was certainly a very fun day up at Maitland , the RARE BEARS from PRCAC gave them all some stick . my 1st race was pretty good on the line flying as i had a very good caller coaching me , dont know who he was but he kept my line real good . MY battered and beaten RAREBEAR , was just not competitive in speed though , as it had a late night rebuild after hitting the power lines at mach 6 during practice yesterday . BOTH JASON and CLAUDIO flew exceptional on the course and had very competitive flight lines and aircraft even the pylon guys said PRCAC ARE ON THE UPRISING AND SHOWING SOME CHALLENGE.
i notice on fun fly days rules seem to go out the window , and people fly different circuits , and styles , planes all at the same time , this is the 3rd time i've been to an open day and witnessed this , i guess though all who attend events need to have a flyer beware ethic , i was out there flying the MX2 having a wonderfull flight , there were 2 3d planes flying , and i hear the rush of a high speed hand pylon being launched at very high rpm , not long after i see this pylong hit the mx2 in mid air like a guided missile completely taking the landing gear and undercarraige with it , and then go down like an inverted boomerang .
the MX2 was still flyable and i was able to glide it down for landing on the strip. The underside of the fuselage where the landing gear once was ; was gone, and the motor shaft fell off on touchdown , but it will be reapairable .
The other Plane, a fibre glass Pylon racer broke up and lost the lot .these things can happen at any time but asking for it increases the chances . however still an enjoyable day . as we know thats part of the hobby so we did the old hand shake and moved on .
THE DAY WAS FREE the event was free , there were prizes and the sausage sizzle was free ,the facilities were brilliant , and the club and members were a great bunch of guys , i really enjoyed the days events and social scene, and highly recommend the adrenalin rush of pylon racing . thanks to all concerned on the day .

Hi guys,
What a great day at Maitland. Shame about the mid air Frank but, at least you didn't come off second best!!

I downloaded the file off my Reverb ESC, power is up to 1080 watts(a little more than I had thought/hoped), pitch speed is up at 315-320km/h so it's moving, will post a link to the video when I get it done.

Here is the motor,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...300KV.html

MT

Sounds "eventful" 'tipper - sorry to hear that you'd been a party to a mid-air ... it's never fun to win that particular lottery.
Hope you got plenty of happy-snaps!

Steve Murray

(14-04-2013, 10:55 PM)mickey t Wrote:  Hi guys,
What a great day at Maitland. Shame about the mid air Frank but, at least you didn't come off second best!!

I downloaded the file off my Reverb ESC, power is up to 1080 watts(a little more than I had thought/hoped), pitch speed is up at 315-320km/h so it's moving, will post a link to the video when I get it done.

Here is the motor,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...300KV.html

MT

i couldnt fathom how you can get a setup to go so fast , that thing was phenominal today

(14-04-2013, 11:02 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Sounds "eventful" 'tipper - sorry to hear that you'd been a party to a mid-air ... it's never fun to win that particular lottery.
Hope you got plenty of happy-snaps!

i'm sure some video footage will come here shortly . Smile

Here's a pick of what the ill fated great planes rifle did to wingtippers MX2

It looked like the leading edge of it's wing struck the spinner of of 'tippers MX2 and wrent it from the motor, shaft and all. Luckily the new 15x6 prop that I'd lent him didn't sufferer a scratch, remarkable !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Video of my Reverb that Tony Jones took, I haven't uploaded the video that Jason took yet.

MT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw_6ww2sfIw&feature=youtu.be

HO-LY SHIT MICKEY... that thing boogies. Very nice work.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

It really smokes along, It's hard not to be impressed when your standing at the flight line and that thing goes blasting past at 300 plus clicks !!

the MX2 IS REPAIRED . , ALL i need to do now is re tap the motor casing for the stub shaft to 4mm fit it and up she will go , AGAIN . HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE REPAIRS .

It's like new, What Crash Biggrin

Nice Job

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(15-04-2013, 07:57 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  the MX2 IS REPAIRED

It's what now!?

Seriously impressed Frank. I reckon it'll take me a week just to glue my RareBear motor back in... Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Well done mate !!
A very neat job as always, Smile and the colour scheme has been tastefully adjusted too.
Black goes with everything so they say.

Lookin' good It'll be back in the air and flying hard in no time!!

It really was a top days flying. We got a trophy for something, bringing and flying the most models or something like that.
Wingtipper has a photo of all our gear set up.

Racing was great fun with perfect weather conditions over a shortened course. Claudio and I were dicing and Wingtipper was flying his rarebear hard. I reckon with a bit of practice and fine tuning between now and Illawarra next month, we can really make PRCAC's presence felt. Especially if we can get the whole contingent there on the next race day. Don't forget we were a couple of aces short of a deck with Frank R and SRL not being able to make it to Maitland. We've got a couple more takers with Craig keen to race his new RareBear. If we can get Gazz down there too with His T28, If we can't beat em at very least we'll out number em. Smile

I didn't take much video as I was flying and calling for Ian but I did manage to get a little bit. I'm thankful to Wingtipper who video'd my Shoestring, both flying in and winning it's first ever race. This turned out to be the only EF1 race of the day and there were only two planes mine and Jame's. Tony Jones had some terrible luck loosing His EF1, a very nicely scratch built polecat. Sadly it crashed after an airframe failure on it's trimming flight earlier in the day.

I had a further 2 flights with the shoestring later as I didn't want to take charged batteries home.

The big Yak is a little quieter after I did a bunch of mods to reduce the strange noises it was making.

Sounds good - looking forward to seeing the pics now!

Steve Murray

yep i have a few pics . some of all the models , and some of the big yak in storage , Tony Jones came of to inspect as he thought we brought a fridge over and he wanted to see what was in it .

Looks at Reverb video.... Looks at Hobbyking credit.... Looks at Reverb video... Looks at Hobbyking Aus warehouse... Out of Stock! Oh Well...