Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does the runway need mowing???????????? Close inpection unnecessary

On the way back from a guided tour our guide stopped for me to photograph Broken Hills flying club venue.

Shelters, setup tables, toilets & NO MOWING
What an excellent setup & only 1100km drive for a fly Biggrin Shock

Its a little sad that our brothers out in the middle of nowhere in a municipality of (not many) have a club with a shelter, toilets and a Barby.... but good on them.
We on the other hand in the metropolis of Sydney (have a runway)!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

It has a very long & wide runway fully fenced. It is flat & smoothed red soil unvegetated. Only trouble would be that after rain you would have to wait an hour for the surface water to disappear & maybe a day for the surface to fully dry out. Given that this is the outback, rain is so infrequent they may miss out on 1 or 2 weekend flying days every millenium Lol

When is their next fun fly Wayne ? Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Today's tour guide asked me to pass on the notice that their planes are bigger & faster. I wonder if they are aware of our Rare Bear racing team or Samste's suped up EDF striker. Was thinking of inviting them to our next Pylon day.
I must admit though that their 100km clear approach path is an envious asset they hold. They would fold under pressure at our field.
Thought that this selection of photo's would be an eye opener for our guys.
PS. Their runway is as smoothe as their Golf Greens, we cant lay claim to that

I found this link with a bunch of info

http://www.brokenhillmfc.com.au/

Been established since 1961 interesting place I'll have to take a plane with me next time I go through Broken Hill

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Looks like a nice place to consider for retirement, No rain, no wind, no power lines, no trees, no buildings, no waiting, no problems!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

BUT Gary ? wheres your wife going to shop ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Sorry mate I did say retire.....oh I forgot one.... no wife!!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Broken Hill is a surprisingly big town, plenty of shops.
But flying should improve out of site, there is bugger all else to do out here once you've finished being dragged to all the art galleries & seen the National parks & Aboriginal sites.