Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Indoor Flying Meeting

Hi Andrea, yes to all of the above

About to head out there. Bringing the Mini Vapor and a micro P40.... and a Hyper Taxi. I haven't embarrassed myself for a while, about time to fix that.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Its on again, Last for the year.
Wednesday Dec 4.
7-730 til late.

srl

Indoor flying in 2014 is on this Wednesday 8th Jan at Hills Adventist College Auditorium, Cnr Hezlett and Gum Nut Close, Kellyville. Start time 7pm.

The weather report says that wind speed with be zero and there is no rain expected.

Cost is free to watch (or to chin wag and ask all those questions about indoor flying you want to know), $10.00 to fly.

Had a good night of flying and chat.
Found out what happen at the Nats last week in Albury
And the big news it that Micky T is the new MAAA Australian National Champion of indoor chuck glider.
Congratulations Mick.

Well done Micky T !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

A real achievement Mickey T.

All the best!

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Thanks srl,
There was also two 2nd places and a 3rd place in other events as well.

A good night of indoor flying the other night by the way, will get to more this year.

MT

Greetings Funsters

Indoor Flying is on again this week, Wednesday, 5 February.
The times given to the Flying Funsters is from 7.30 to 10.30 pm – to allow the Basket Ball people to have an extra half-hour.

Cnr Hezlett & Gum Nut Close
Kellyville

Free to watch, $10 to fly.

Hi guys,
another good night at indoor tonight, there were a few new scratch built models there tonight, which makes a change from the usual out of the box stuff. There was a bit of interest in my eagle tonight also, so here it is. The original plan for it is 56 inches span, mine is only 18 inches with a few bits left off to keep it down to 21 grams flying weight using Vapor running gear. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and it flies as good as it looks.

MT

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf FFFeagle56_sm.pdf Size: 484.14 KB  Downloads: 124

I went allong last night, It was the first indoor night that I've been to.
It was great to see some different and very intersting models being flown

Good fun !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Guys, I moved from Canada a couple of years ago. I attended an indoor that used to be held by hobbyking at Menai once. I registered a few days ago and just found this thread. Too bad I missed the last night's indoor. But subscribing to the thread, so, I don;t miss the next one.

Also, would like to drop by the field, what days and time there are flyers at the field for sure.

Thanks
Maqsood
MAAC # 59977
IMAC # 4177

My Photo gallery http://www.maac.ca/mcgal/main.php?g2_itemId=16713

(06-02-2014, 10:17 PM)rcpilot Wrote:  Hi Guys, I moved from Canada a couple of years ago. I attended an indoor that used to be held by hobbyking at Menai once. I registered a few days ago and just found this thread. Too bad I missed the last night's indoor. But subscribing to the thread, so, I don;t miss the next one.

Also, would like to drop by the field, what days and time there are flyers at the field for sure.

Thanks
Maqsood
MAAC # 59977
IMAC # 4177

My Photo gallery http://www.maac.ca/mcgal/main.php?g2_itemId=16713

Welcome Maqsood Smile

Any time the weekend weather is decent between say 9am and 3pm there'll be people flying, unless it rained heavily in the preceding days and the runway is too soggy. The forecast looks excellent this weekend, if a little on the hot side, so I'd expect action from 9am on Saturday and Sunday, for sure.

The other day people sometimes come down to the field is Wednesdays.

The planes in your photo gallery look very impressive! I look forward to hearing about the 3DHS ones in particular, of even seeing them - if you brought them down from Canada.

Andre

Thanks Andre, I will try and come out tomorrow or Wednesday. Unfortunately, I did not bring those planes with me, had too much stuff. I was able to bring couple of indoor foamies and a LOGO600 heli. That said, do you guys fly helis or not?

Thanks again.
Maqsood

Oh yes we fly helies (not me but others certainly do) All our models are electric

Indoor Flying this Wednesday 5 March.

Greetings Funsters

Indoor Flying is on again this week, Wednesday.
The times given to the Flying Funsters is from 7.30 to 10.30 pm – to allow the Basket Ball people to have an extra half-hour.

Kellyville

Thanks Kevin.

Be there or be square!!!

MT

Hi Guys, I do not have MAAA membership yet, will I able to fly at the indoor? Thanks

Not asked for. Its indoors and as I undestand it the School has insurance cover.

Here's some video from the indoor last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6PSvAJZ0k&feature=youtu.be

Indoor Flying this Wednesday 2 April.

Greetings Funsters

Indoor Flying is on again this week, Wednesday.

Kellyville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHYpM1JDKE

Fly carefully – see the debris in slow motion at the end –

The last post is a reminder , no 3D heli's allowed at the indoor night, maybe outside in the dark.

srl

Just another reminder guys, it doesn't rain indoors. If you look at the forecast on my enemy Willy's website you will see a high % of rain predicted for the next 5 days to stuff up another weekend at our field. So get your indoor models charged up & join us for another fun night.

Indoor was great last night, with zero wind, excellent visability and unusually dry underfoot.
Had some fun flying and and enjoyed some great company.

See you at the next one !!

Here's some video from the last Indoor with a few scenes from 3 month back edited in too

Best viewed in HD and full screen modes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJW7GW-bDc&feature=youtu.be

Greetings Funsters

Indoor Flying is on again this week, Wednesday, 7 May.

Kellyville

Sorry guys for late notice, but I have just been made aware that tonights indoor fly has been postponed to next Wednesday 14th May

This is what i would like to fly.
http://vimeo.com/93456184

srl

NOOooooooooo It can not be soooooooo light !!!

I like how the lipo just dumped at the end, no problem tho' landed light as a feather!

I see you meant when you were telling me about this the other day !!

Thanks for posting it Steve !!

(07-05-2014, 07:29 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Sorry guys for late notice, but I have just been made aware that tonights indoor fly has been postponed to next Wednesday 15th Mar

15th is thursday, is the flying on wednesday 14th or thus 15th, please clarify.
Thanks