Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Indoor Flying Meeting

The next indoor flying meet is on Wednesday, 3 April, 7.00 pm at:

Hills Adventist College Auditorium
Cnr Hezlett and Gum Nut Close
Kellyville

Cost to fly is $10, free to watch.

Bugger, That Wednesday night I will be in Menindee (just short of Broken Hill). Bit far to do a round trip for a fly. Never mind, hope there will be more nights

Hi Kevin. I looked up the address on Google map, and all that is there is a vacant land, Is this building being built recently?.

Kind regards, Bob.

(25-03-2013, 02:27 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi Kevin. I looked up the address on Google map, and all that is there is a vacant land, Is this building being built recently?.

All brand new, I think it just opened this year, they are still landscaping. They are a nice group of guys who used to meet at Strathfield.

I'll be along, all going to plan and don't get lost... if I am allowed, not having my bronze? Can someone please clear that up so I know whether to come up or not?

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(02-04-2013, 10:53 PM)Steven Wrote:  I'll be along, all going to plan and don't get lost... if I am allowed, not having my bronze? Can someone please clear that up so I know whether to come up or not?

Far as i aware no qualifications is necessary.
My son Flew the last Time i went and he was not qualified.

I'm Posibly going to get down there Tonight Too

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks Steve

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

That was fun, even though my "micro"s were a little too fast for the space. Resulted in a lot of seesawing circuits, balancing between on the first step of power and plummeting Lol

The little eRC Micro Stick I picked up from work today turned out to be quite aerobatic for a 3Ch. Will certainly be doing that again.

How big is the area? I am interested in going some time, but I worry that I would find the area too tight. Things I would look at flying are my T-28 UM, maybe the beast. I think the UM stryker would be too quick (more like too quickly splattered against the far wall, but same thing)

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

It's a full basketball court size, and there was a dude flying a liddle Trojan around just fine. Ceiling height was good too. Folks were doing full 3D stuff with regular size profilers.

Its on tonight, Wednesday, at Kellyville. Sorry for the late notice. See previous posts for address details.

Sorry for late viewing of this post, I cant make it Biggrin

(01-05-2013, 12:05 PM)Servo Wrote:  Its on tonight, Wednesday, at Kellyville. Sorry for the late notice. See previous posts for address details.

Ah poop... 1st wednesday of the month Tired Oh well, another 4 weeks before I can maiden my little Jenny....

Yes, sorry for the late posting but I only received the notification on the day.

Apologies not necessary, my reply was very tongue in cheek.
If this is a regular first Wednesday of the month event, I will look earlier next time
Cheers

Agreed with Wayne, no apology required. I knew it was the 1st wed of the month, I forgot about it!

Indoor flying this Wednesday, 5 June, 7.00pm ish at Hills Adventist College, 2-4 Gumnut Close (cnr Hezlett), Kellyville.

Great venue, if you are new to indoor flying just turn up for a look. Remember the weather is aways perfect indoors.

(30-05-2013, 12:38 PM)Servo Wrote:  Indoor flying this Wednesday, 5 June, 7.00pm ish at Hills Adventist College, 2-4 Gumnut Close (cnr Hezlett), Kellyville.

Great venue, if you are new to indoor flying just turn up for a look. Remember the weather is aways perfect indoors.

Will Try and get our there this Time, Haven't Flown Indoor Since Lidcombe Smile

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'll go and make a fool of myself with my little Eflite Jenny.

Reminder, this Wednesday:

Indoor flying this Wednesday, 5 June, 7.00pm ish at Hills Adventist College, 2-4 Gumnut Close (cnr Hezlett), Kellyville.

Just a reminder that indoor flying is scheduled for Wednesday, 3 July, at Hills Adventist College, Cnr Gumnut Close and Hezlett Road, Kellyville. 7 pm ish to 10 pm.

Remember the weather is always great when flying indoors.

A reminder that indoor flying is scheduled for tonight, Wednesday, 7 July, at Hills Adventist College, Cnr Gumnut Close and Hezlett Road, Kellyville. 7 pm ish to 10 pm.

(07-08-2013, 10:56 AM)Servo Wrote:  ... Remember the weather is always great when flying indoors.

Yes, good point - considering we've got steady rain right now!

Steve Murray

Its the first Wednesday of the month again.
srl

Just a reminder that indoor flying is scheduled for Wednesday, 2 Oct, at Hills Adventist College, Cnr Gumnut Close and Hezlett Road, Kellyville. 7 pm ish to 10 pm.

Might bring the Tiger Moth, something different. Are you back Kev?
srl

(02-10-2013, 07:41 AM)srl Wrote:  Might bring the Tiger Moth, something different. Are you back Kev?
srl

Yep, I'm back, did 3 airshows and several museums of note. Even got to see a Airbus 380 being built and got to fly in one. Visited Red Square and they even let me into the Kremlin for a sticky beak.

Unfortunately missed the indoor tonight as I had to go into the city today and got home rather late.

Just a reminder that indoor flying is scheduled for Wednesday, 6 Nov, at Hills Adventist College, Cnr Gumnut Close and Hezlett Road, Kellyville. 7 pm ish to 10 pm. Based on comments I received after last time, it is open to our members without an official invitation. We need a few more numbers than last time to make the ongoing venue viable. Free to watch, $10.00 to fly.

I'll try to make it. I have appropriate indoor flying things now, and my usual indifference that stops me getting out in the morning should not be a problem.... Frown

Sounds like fun. I've never flown indoors before.

Is 240V available at the site? (For a lipo charger.)

Are micro helis OK? I'd like to bring my mcpx, in addition to the EPP profile foamie.

Thanks!