Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RARE BEAR ARF BUILD + MAIDEN FLIGHT .

Good Stuff Frank

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

SENSAIONAL mate, sounds like you had a lot of fun with it!!
Glad to hear the test flights were a success and that you've got it sorted !!

On second thaughts if your going to fly it on less than full throttle it's probably a good idea to leave the cooling holes open and suffer the extra drag. The ESC gets hotter running it at 1/2 and 3/4 throttle than it does running flat stick, counter intuitive I know, but that's what actually happins.

When launching I never go much over 1/2 throttle with mine untill its well and truly flying. You get too much torque roll launching at full peg. You can get it away straight at full peg but you have to just about throw it sideways and it's risky Smile

I usually launch at just over half throttle and with full rates, as soon as it has air speed and is on the right line to no1 one pylon I open it up full, get the wings level and then select low rates before the first turn. After that it stays on full peg untill it's done ten laps or the timer goes off. Then it's back off to less than half throttle and select full rates again ready for landing.
I set my timer for 2 mins and the 4S nano's are just a little warm after that.

They are great little machines to fly they track pretty nicely at speed too, especially once you get rid of all the down thrust and the right thrust by shimming the motor. This makes them go a bit quicker but a little harder to launch Smile. once up too speed they go great !!

Well done mate !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I Noticed minimal down thrust , but it is there slightly , however its great not having a climbing rarebaer on full thrust . they are certainly set up well stock , and the nano 1000mah 4s battery up hard against the back wall , balances almost perfectly . ( just on nose heavy) .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(13-03-2013, 12:56 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  I Noticed minimal down thrust , but it is there slightly , however its great not having a climbing rarebaer on full thrust . they are certainly set up well stock , and the nano 1000mah 4s battery up hard against the back wall , balances almost perfectly . ( just on nose heavy) .

I noticed on mine there was a fair bit of right thrust on both of them. The cowl also seemed to hang a little to the right. I'm not sure why they did this. Was it just for asthetics or perhaps it was just by accident??

Another thing I did that seemed to help with speed was to raise the ailerons just the bearest fraction. I think it might reduce drag a little bit as well. I'm not sure why, perhaps it makes the airfoil perform a bit better or reduces the pitching moment so the tail plane doesn't have to work as hard. Perhaps it changes the AOA of the wing enough to make the fuse fly more inline with the airflow or mabe I'm just imagening it too, but I think it does make a difference.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

no excuses now guys . ALL the info and pics are here for a great build and adrenalin flying . flies faster than most models on 1/2 throttle .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

(13-03-2013, 12:56 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  they are certainly set up well stock

Yep. I continue to be surprised at how nicely they fly (once they've got some speed) for such a small airframe.

Yours looks a beauty!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

a couple more , almost ready .
rare bear 1 is in RC HEAVEN ,
rarebear 2 and spare bear 3 are well and truly under way .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)