Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Videos: RC Flying

thought I might post this little video here I took this morning. Had some time to pop out from work and sneak in a quick flight. Same like what happened last time at the field, the prop nut was not tightened!!! I seriously need to learn.

However ! I am very proud of myself as I managed to land the Cessna just by gliding nicely Smile yay !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYLcXkw-3M

Andrew, sorry to hear about ur Spitty ... hopefully it will be back on the field soon Smile I might keep mine in the garage just a tad bit longer.

DX6i radio

Flown:
Blade 400 (parked atm, practising on sim)
Skyartec Cessna 182 (how many times am I going to crash this ?)
HK Yak 54 (love it love it love it ... little indestructible beauty)

To be flown yet (when I know what I am doing):
Durafly Spitfire XL (huuuuuugeeee)
HK Spitfire (little brother of the above)
P51-D Mustang (love the quad prop)
3D Hawk 80 (what is 3D ??? heh)
HK Pitts (its so beautiful!)

thanks guys,
Tthat EPO is pretty tough stuff. Just some cosmetic damage....probably occurred during the rescue! Smile

I'm overseas for work atm, won't be there this weekend, but bought some things to beef up the spit a bit. A 500kv motor, 13x8 3 bladed prop, and E Flite electric retracts to replace the flimsy HK one's. Plus I'm going to install flaps.

Hopefully the sound system will have arrived when I get home next Monday. Fingers crossed.

Have a good weekend all.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(20-02-2011, 05:15 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Samste - that keychain camera is excellent, you've got a great video capture solution there. Have to get the details off you some time as Junior has been talking about giving that sort of thing a try. Your flying is nice and smooth too, which often isn't the case with other clips I've seen - things usually look alright from the ground, but the airborne camera view usually shows wild, jerky movements which aren't good to watch but yours was pretty easy on the eye.

Andrew - sorry to see the Spit take out the willow at the western end, I hope it's alright. I really want to hear your Benedini stuff doing its thing.

Very Happy with The HD Key Cam Steve, Just Remember it is in MOV Format but i have worked around that using FLV PLayer or Quicktime. and Cyberpower producer edits MOV and sends to You tube Direct.

Heres The Link, They even survive mid air power line hits lol

Yes it works well on the Glider as i can power off and just glide relatively still, Though i should probably install a rudder rather than using ailerons to turn.
(My Glider has no Rudder)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220725068311&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Steve Smile

(24-02-2011, 03:53 PM)Omarko Wrote:  thought I might post this little video here I took this morning. Had some time to pop out from work and sneak in a quick flight. Same like what happened last time at the field, the prop nut was not tightened!!! I seriously need to learn.

However ! I am very proud of myself as I managed to land the Cessna just by gliding nicely Smile yay !

Andrew, sorry to hear about ur Spitty ... hopefully it will be back on the field soon Smile I might keep mine in the garage just a tad bit longer.

Thats Nice Clear Footage from The Video Camera you are using,
Is that a Key Camera ?

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks for the details Steve, much appreciated. No worries with the MOV format, I've got some Linux tools that are happy to massage those into anything else.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

(24-02-2011, 09:04 PM)samste Wrote:  Thats Nice Clear Footage from The Video Camera you are using,
Is that a Key Camera ?
Steve Smile

Its the cheapo 808 keychain camera , I bought few of them for $9 from ebay from HK. Works well however I need to change the position so its not behind the rudder as I don't like how the image gets distorted.

DX6i radio

Flown:

The Spitty is finally getting her makeover. The sound system has arrived....Wow!!
Here's a quick vid to show where I'm up to in "Bling the Spit". Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQADA3X-m8

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

That sounds pretty cool Andrew
Should sound FULLY SICK in the air.
Nice job mate.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Great sound and nice retracts
Should look and sound great down the field.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Looks great Andrew! One thing I've noticed is that all these sound systems have trouble syncing sound with throttle position, (it seems like your at quarter throttle before it wants to kick in) If you can't program it differently & if you've got a channel spare on your radio, you might try chucking it on an Aux channel and mixing to the throttle stick plus 10-25% to get it all sitting pretty!

Thanks Guys.

Kieran,
yeah it is fully programmable with throttle position but I hadn't fine tuned it before videoing. I just wanted to get it up and running so I could hear it. Thanks for the advice though. I will do it with the prop on.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(02-03-2011, 08:52 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  The Spitty is finally getting her makeover. The sound system has arrived....Wow!!
Here's a quick vid to show where I'm up to in "Bling the Spit". Smile

THAT !!!!

is SIMPLY AMAZING !!!!!

what parts did u use for the sound setup ? I would love to get it too.

LOVE IT !

DX6i radio

Flown:

Thanks Alex,
I got it from Hobby King. It's the TBS (Thomas Benedini Sound) system. Essentially 4 parts required.

1.Sound Card.
2. Amp
3.Speakers (2)
4.USB dongle. (Usually only need to use it once)

www.benedini.de (The manufacturer's website) has the manuals, and the sound files to download to your computer & USB "dongleate" across to the card.

I'm hoping to be at the field this Sat Morn to giver her a fly.

Cheers
Andrew

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Here is Darren's A380 for those who have not seen her fly.
Looks great in the air and seems to have heaps of power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7hXwmeQyIk

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Here is the first ill fated flight of Andrew's Spitfire with the new sound
system installed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9TuKcAxHPk

It surprisingly survived that crash and went on to fly another equally spectacular
ending flight later in the morning.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Great Quality Clips Paul.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Here is another clip for you.
This time Darren is flying kev and my F16.
Hope you enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlXb02VYRTc

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Not exactly a club flier but I bet you wish you could do this if you had to...

http://www.flixxy.com/rc-airplane-one-wing-landing.htm

I had a bit of a tinker with my gopro yesterday morning. Here's a short bit of video I took with the camera mounted on my hat. It realy needs a narrower lens for things a bit far away. but it takes very nice video. This is compressed and then compresses again so I coulkd edit it. my video editer can't work with big files. So I'm looking out for a better program. It realy doesn't do the camera justice
but it's a bit of fun doing time laps stuff with a fram every 2 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK56Vg4XGgs

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I've been tinkering with some video editing software I got today. It's much nicer than using what windows offers

Here's the rest of the morning's flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qdoxWRUs5E

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Kieran I'll have a look at it I've been playing around with power director 9 and it seems to working well so far.

Had a look at Sony Vegas on the net looks nice!! Have you got the pro version ?
does it take a long time build the output file ?

Hey that's pretty cool video for virtual sailor !!

Powerdirector used to be heaps buggy years back, would corrupt save files and crash out while rendering. A great way to waste a saturday arvo Wink Not sure what its like now.

For file rendering, I usually generate an uncompressed intermediate avi and then use a dedicated .264 encoder to bring the file size down:
www.handbrake.fr

My poor VS7 video's haven't aged well but given the limitations of the VS7 engine back then, I was quite proud of the results. The majority of the camera panning/tilting & zooming was hand keyframed in Vegas. The second video even had a requisite dodgy fake lens flare put in in post! (Lighting on the wrong side of the boat!)

Here's a bit of my rainy Saturday afternoon's handy work.
sadly the original video was taken with a $7.50 key cam
I've been waiting for an excuse to edit it all together

It's a bit of fun.

Me thinks that fitting a remove operated Tazar to the plane would sort those pesky birds out Jason.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(19-04-2011, 07:24 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Me thinks that fitting a remote operated Tazar to the plane would sort those pesky birds out Jason.

It's only bad in the spring when they are nesting the rest of the year they leave us alone. Putting a 2 meter long stramer out the back keeps them at a little more distance but they still don't give up.

I like your idea of kentucky fried plover tho !! Smile

This is what the view could be like if Darren was to lose his new Go Pro Hero HD video.. and if I were to find it.. and Darren didn't know. If he found out, that would be a different video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpxTMfwAIY

Heh maybe an indoor sport like this may be a go for the wet weekend, Kids and i enjoyed it while on holidays.
But Doesn't seem to be anywhere i know of in Australia though.

http://youtu.be/y0ZfSnGaI3s

Steve Smile

That would be awesome I wish they had one of those locally

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Well here's an inside scoop.
There might be one opening in Sydney sooner than you think, well so a little bird told me.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

With the weather being so poor of late I've been surfing youtube
I happened upon this one and it was just too good not to share

http://www.youtube.com/user/boogieblues6...6yzqatuzUk

(29-04-2011, 11:19 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Well here's an inside scoop.
There might be one opening in Sydney sooner than you think, well so a little bird told me.

That would be great if its true as i know they did plan to build one at the new Olympic park but never did but shows a architecture of its location
http://www.samcrawfordarchitects.com.au/...skydiving/

It will be interesting what there going to charge out here for Time in the Tube.

Where we Flew it wasn't that cheap either but they had specials after 6 PM $10 a minute

https://secure.iflyhollywood.com/ItemLis...ime-Flyers

Steve Smile