Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Videos: RC Flying

RE; telly movie riddle of the stinson.

Hi guys. I came across this YouTube video telly movie riddle of the stinson. Starring Jack Thompson, he plays the Bernard O’Reilly who follows a hunch and goes looking for the plane and finds it follows is a major rescue operation to bring out the two injured men what a pity choppers one around at the time. this telly movie is fairly long but well and truly worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiKvBkLzXg

Here is a video of me chasing Todd "Busboy" Hazell and his President around the field from my 250 ZMR quad. I know it is a bit shaky as the camera was not very well isolated from the vibration but you get the idea. Quad was flying 4S on 5040 King Kongs. Simon

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

That's great footage. Nice work.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

Luckily he didn't get me landing, I emulated a Russel landing lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Inverted on the Power Lines??????????

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

No Chris, a tumble upon landing.....lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Hey guys, I've finally got my video up on youtube of last sunday with Simon following me with his quad. What he didn't get of my flight was the botched landing, but here it is....lol

Better Watch out Skyfun's are out there Watching

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(10-08-2016, 10:07 PM)samste Wrote:  Better Watch out Skyfun's are out there Watching

Jeez a guy can't have a minute to himself ...

looking at getting one of these, so small 200grams

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile
Video 

"He has the Certificate"

"The emergency team is on the way"

srl

That's a classic crash. It looked like it was really lightly built by the way it was flying.
I'm surprised it didn't fail in testing it didn't look like the pilot did anything really violent with it.
It seemed that he just added a bit of top rudder as it rolled on to knife edge and the fin couldn't take it. After it went sideways the rest of it started coming apart in a big way.

Lucky they didn't ask SRL or Andre to give it a shake down, I'm not sure it would have finished the first manoeuvre. Wink

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

To get frame by frame just pause it then use the "," and "." keys.
It noses up and as it roles the wings break apart.
srl

srl

Haven't flown in aaaages! Was glad to get down to the AGM and get a couple of flights in:

Mate you haven't lost any of your skills, but then again you're only flying a drone Smile

Great to catch up.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Rob, is this any good for you to get an idea of whats going on with the water.
It's only 480P but I can take some HD this weekend if you like and yes that is as slow as I can go.Wink

BTW the fire extinguisher in the field box is now up to date.

https://youtu.be/5QdmeHuXZTs

Hi Barry. Had an idea I’m wondering if we use the hornet S in trainer mode it can fly really slow maybe we can get some really clear video sure how that I go anyway but can give it a go if you like

Also DJI Jason will you be at the field on the weekend I’ve received my fat shark goggles back from the repair and they’re still not working not sure what’s going on maybe you can have a quick look before I send it back again. Extremely frustrated.

(29-06-2017, 03:55 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi Barry. Had an idea I’m wondering if we use the hornet S in trainer mode it can fly really slow maybe we can get some really clear video sure how that I go anyway but can give it a go if you like

Also DJI Jason will you be at the field on the weekend I’ve received my fat shark goggles back from the repair and they’re still not working not sure what’s going on maybe you can have a quick look before I send it back again. Extremely frustrated.

Yeah, I'll make an appearance. Happy to have a look at your googles. May I ask what model of Fat Sharks you purchased?

Hi Jason. What’s happening I think the connection between the goggles and the receiver is not working. I sent them off last week to the Australian fat shark service centre on the Central Coast he serviced it and said could not find anything wrong with it but he did not plug either of my receiver’s into the goggles but simply run some test with his equipment I’m wondering if he just plugged his equipment into the HMI outlet that would test fine. But Hadi plug one of the receivers in I think he would have got a different result. I have fatshark dominator V3.
And I’ve sent the guy an email this morning explaining what’s happening so not sure what’s gonna happen.

(30-06-2017, 10:48 AM)BOB Wrote:  Hi Jason. What’s happening I think the connection between the goggles and the receiver is not working. I sent them off last week to the Australian fat shark service centre on the Central Coast he serviced it and said could not find anything wrong with it but he did not plug either of my receiver’s into the goggles but simply run some test with his equipment I’m wondering if he just plugged his equipment into the HMI outlet that would test fine. But Hadi plug one of the receivers in I think he would have got a different result. I have fatshark dominator V3.
And I’ve sent the guy an email this morning explaining what’s happening so not sure what’s gonna happen.

I spoke to Barry about this when visiting the field today. He advised that your hypothesis seems to be accurate. In which case, back to the service centre is in order. If you want a second set of eyes across it before you send it back just let me know. I have a couple of fat shark receiver modules, an external receiver and a portable HDMI source, so can perhaps help track the problem to it's source. I am happy to come to you if need be, or have you over to my place if that suits.

Barry,

Having found out today that you still do not have access to the members area, where I have been posting info relevant to the Parramasala Festival project from a few months back, I thought it worth reposting this here.

Hi guys. Here is to YouTube videos showing the new good year airships there replacing their old Second World War error blimps that have reached the end of their life very impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tbrlkDJsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67YgVRZS8Z4

(18-10-2017, 10:34 AM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys. Here is to YouTube videos showing the new good year airships there replacing their old Second World War error blimps that have reached the end of their life very impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tbrlkDJsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67YgVRZS8Z4

Here is part 3 - https://youtu.be/KW3m_Lm2rCQ

CASA's latest rule update has again been kind to sub 100-gram Micro RPA (Excluded Category). There is a great deal of fun that can be had within the rules at this size, which will only improve over time along with the rapidly evolving technology associated with it.

Hi guys. Here is a YouTube video of the CL-415 Canadian built what a bummer there attacking this flyer like flies at a barbecue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jodn7FPBLdI

Intel's CES Light show using Drones:

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

I think one day this sort of display will take over from fireworks certainly is a lot more safer and probably more spectacularr .

Hello to those people who I've been chatting to about these guys at Spocktra50 and how much fun they have flying, even if it ends in taking more pieces home than they brought to the field. Always a good laugh with these guys, but unfortunately they no longer fly because the golf course took over the field they were flying in and also due to work committments.
So click on the link and sit back and enjoy the fun and frivolity with these mad guys. And don't forge to checkout there challenge of flying under the bridge. Looks easy enough, don'y you think???

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNoqABZ...bnPeI1BnSA

Hi Guys,

Here is a vid of Stephen flyin' 3D, shot from the air yesterday at the field. Enjoy!