Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Videos: RC Flying

(21-09-2012, 07:29 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Nice one George, Thanks for posting that!!

Could I grab a copy of the original video please

I'll bring it on a USB for you.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Here's some Video from The last pylon day out at Richmond
There is a spectacular part at the end where an F3D model tries to cross the air ground interface at high speed.

The V tail IC powered models are Q500 class mostly ARF great plains vipers, powered by thunder tiger 46s

The really quick machines are powered by piped .40 size engines and can travel at over 300 kilcks

Best watched in full screen mode !!!

Enjoy !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feny3FEa9EA&feature=youtu.be

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Got this one from RCGroups ... there is some serious 1940's "no nonsense" potential in this short clip!

Steve Murray

Very nice !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

smuzz . thats insane video . thanks for posting . i enjoyed that one , the mechanical technology those days was amazing , in a way its sad that its gone .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Another video of the Mosquito restored in NZ.
This time some air to air footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te4q8gEv5LA&feature=plcp

Good one, Chris!! SmileThis one takes the cake. Even better than the first one.Smile

Smile

please DONT try this at home .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=tkErEIJmYOA&NR=1
just when you think you've seen it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBedn_vqC20

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

(14-10-2012, 10:57 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  SCARY
Yes, it looks like they had the tynes of the forklift in the palette - but even so, you don't want the thing moving under test like that! I'd be embarrassed to release a video with that sort of setup.

Steve Murray

I don't think that I'll get HIM to maiden my first jet!! WiredWired

Smile

Pretty risky stuff, perhaps they should have got that Hobby King guy to hold it by hand.
Video 

Those videos of the mosquito were great, thanks guys!
There is nothing quite like the sound of a Rolls-Royce merlin engine.

Here is a video with many more crackling merlins for your enjoyment.
In fact, I wonder if I can burn the soundtrack onto a CD for the car Wink

http://youtu.be/c6c3v9iihgw

E-Flite Vapor
PZ Ultra Micro Mosquito
Durafly T-28 Trojan
HK FW-190-A8
E-Flite Ultra Micro MiG-15
FMS Stuka (Woo Hoo!)
Langxiang Su-47 Berkut
HK450 Heli

Now that's a great video. Looks like the pilots in those things were having a ball.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

next time your on a passenger jet imagine a touch and go like this !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmqLsEhoOzY&feature=player_embedded#!

Nice display Frank. It would look MUCH better in QANTAS colours, though. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Here's some video high lights from the weekend at Marulan.

The realy fast bit is right at the end

You've got to watch the video in full screen mode, with the resolution set to HD and with volume turned up high for the best effect.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5uz0GR6WNE

BRILLIANT .

Love that last Rarebear launch at the beginning.

(06-11-2012, 10:19 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Love that last Rarebear launch at the beginning.

Poor Tony didn't have much luck with flying on the weekend. He cooked a great roast dinner on friday night and did most of the record keeping and manned the timing station, which I think he built for the NSW plyon assn.
He crashed two rare bears nearly got taken out by a landing Q-40 seen towards the end of the video and suffered a mid-air with my viper on the first turn of the first Q-500 race. I don't think he got to complete a lap poor bloke. And such a nice fellow too, he offered to give me a new air frame which I politely declined.
He flies mode 2 so handlaunching is more tricky, especially with a rarebear

I was only there for the Sunday and it was great.
Flying a glow aircraft in and out of a river valley is always special and no one to complain about the noise !

I got serious in the afternoon when I had a chance of winning.

srl

(07-11-2012, 10:00 PM)srl Wrote:  I got serious in the afternoon when I had a chance of winning.

You got seriously robbed with that refly Upset

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

SRL you were flying well, I whish I got some video of your Viper in action!!
As it was I didn't get any video of vipers racing. I was in the cage for the first round and in the second round there was only one set of heats of Q-500 in which I flew so I couldn't film, the others were FFC and Q-40. I couldn't film the FFC 'cause I was Calling for Claudio.
It was great Fun and I think you were unlucky with that re-fly!!

I really enjoyed the weekend, Hopefully Samste and Frank R will be able to fly in the next one as well !!

We need to increase the PRCAC presence a bit.

(08-11-2012, 06:31 AM)secant0give Wrote:  As it was I didn't get any video of vipers racing. I was in the cage for the first round and it the second round there was only one set of heats of Q-500 in which I flew so I couldn't film, the others were FFC and Q-40. I couldn't film the FFC 'cause I was Calling for Claudio.

Likewise. I was also in the cage for a couple rounds, and the video I did capture went to data heaven (phone died as soon as I got home and had to be restored.) Sick

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Claudio,
It's Bugger about your phone video. I have a fair bit of HD Iphone video of your X8 in flight I'll put it on a disk for you. I still have to edit the go-pro video from Artemis, the air was a bit lumpy for that flight as I remember but I havn't had another look at it yet.

I think your X8 goPro video from that still morning will be the best !!

Here's a bit of the X-8 go pro video from Satturday, It was dark and windy. The first scene on the ground is friday evening I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Uhsd0S9XQ3s&vq=hd720

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhsd0S9XQ3s

found this on youtube , very entertaining , i really enjoy the circuits this guy is flying . RC PARADISE .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ih1zFIEeJEY

I really enjoyed this clip !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65KLN5gDHzI

Great clip Jason. Reminds me of the time I did work experience at a Crop Dusting company in Griffith in '77. I went out in the truck & helped load the hopper in the old Piper Pawnee. Being up close & personal while they are strutting their stuff is something I'll never forget. I then had a ride in one, after his day's work, sitting behind the pilot on the vhf radio while flying home at 50' is also something I'll never forget. Smile Did I say 50'?? I'm sure it was 500' Wink

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Yes, it was 500' Wink