Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Videos: RC Flying

(06-07-2011, 01:15 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Oh yeah, I forgot when you pay for top dollar equipment, you get to bend the laws of physics

Biggrin Reminds me of that 'other club' Kizza, you know, the one where the sun always shines, for $5,000 per year Wink

Steve Murray

Does this say something for Futaba fasst system over the DXII ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Dave H & I flew together on a very windy Sunday. I tried to get some aerial footage, but as you will see, it's not easy to fly one heli & keep eyes on the other for filming. Next time we might Choreograph some moves for better footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxK4RkepWc

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

We need to do it like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DCwwfClzw

Nice Heli flying There !!

I was having a look on you tube for some info in IMAC and found this video
I don't know if anyone's seen it before it's from 2009

This is a young bloke from Australia flying in the US (best watched in full screen mode)

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Dave, that was amazing flying..Like synchronised swimming but without the nose clips. Smile

We definately need to work on a dual routine....It would be great for Australia day 2012.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

This video shows George flying his new T28 on a day windy enough to ground most "sensible" pilots... But not those 2 silly helicopter nuts. Smile

Well done, George!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uP4VndG7H4

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(16-07-2011, 01:00 AM)brotherblonde Wrote:  This video shows George flying his new T28 on a day windy enough to ground most "sensible" pilots... But not those 2 silly helicopter nuts. Smile

Well done, George!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uP4VndG7H4

Thanks for posting the Video. I only relised how windy it really was on take off. Anyhow, how do we become better pilots if we don't fly in conditions like this?Leet

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Very impressive Dave, I want one but they would probably sell for about $30,000, that is of course if you could actually buy one.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(14-08-2011, 09:44 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Very impressive Dave, I want one but they would probably sell for about $30,000, that is of course if you could actually buy one.

LOL
They Sell them for $30 at The Markets, and for an extra $10 you can get a Plastic gun Option to momentarily stun the Bird in Flight

Heres some Footage of it Last night at indoor

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yeh LOL Steve. That one is probably missing a little bit of the tech that the big sucker has.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Wow - there's an awful lot of very cleverly done work in that Smart Bird!

Steve Murray

Gazz's Duces wild on Saterday

What a nice flying machine !!

http://youtu.be/-0Mb8_zsLeE

Looks and sounds beautiful Gazz. Congrats.
Nice videoing too.

I reeeeaaalllyy miss flying.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

While recovering from my shoulder surgery, i thought some extra "physiotherapy" would speed things up. Holding the transmitter, even with a strap was tiring, but good "excercise". I set the camera up in 3 different positions and tried to fly 3 identical circuits & edit them together. I also mucked around with brightness, contrast & saturation to change the look a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpY0BjEgNvQ

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Nice Job Andrew, what software do you use for editing video ?

Hope your getting better, i know it's a slow Process, a little each day and not to over do it or your back to square one.

Steve[/b]

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks Steve. I use Premiere Pro CS5. It has more features than I know what to do with, but I've used various forms of Premiere for 11 years, so the workflow etc is familiar to me.

Thanks for the kind words..ATM a 1KG weight seems REALLY heavy for some of the physio stuff.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Good to see you back on the sticks Andrew. Your flying looked pretty smooth considering what you've been through recently. We've got to practice some moves for Aussie day.

Here's the start of my practicing. Getting used to flying the flag again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMM1T6E6Qw

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Nicely done Andrew, It's good to see you back on the sticks.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks Gazz. I hope to be back at the field soon & watch some real flying.Smile

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Here's my idea for converting a DX6i to "7 Channels"...for a heli to use retracts, or whatever. The box is designed to allow lollies etc to fall and have kids pick them up afterwards. This is MK 1. MK 2 works better...video to follow.

This version however, shows the proof of concept is a goer!

PS. To understand what I'm talking about with the "coffee", you'll need to watch a previous vid of mine on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tskLt9K6j8&feature=g-upl

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Neat-o BB. What if you put the door at the front? (Reverse the box). Helis are frequently nose down when flying so might be easier to drop the payload. You could then do a high speed jelly bean dusting on spectators.

I noticed in your video that you had to pull the nose up to get the box at the right attitude so the nose down might give a better result without too much conversion work. Failing that, I am sure you will come up with the necessary solution.

Footnote: I watched the whole video Smile

Thanks Dave. Wow the whole video??!! that's brave. Smile

I have made version 2 & it works beautifully with no attitude change. I will upload that vid shortly.

BTW, if you don't fly Rob's Airhawk, (You are more than welcome to though), then I was going to use this trick (without the box) Smile to power the retracts, but in reverse..ie: land & t/o in rate, & retract gear with HH mode.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(02-12-2011, 06:50 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Thanks Dave. Wow the whole video??!! that's brave. Smile

I have made version 2 & it works beautifully with no attitude change. I will upload that vid shortly.

BTW, if you don't fly Rob's Airhawk, (You are more than welcome to though), then I was going to use this trick (without the box) Smile to power the retracts, but in reverse..ie: land & t/o in rate, & retract gear with HH mode.

Yep, noted. That is my preference (for you to program it to your DX6i). I don't have Spektrum TX. Flying it, if this doesn't get the right result, means possibly Futabarizing it. I stuck a detailed post private-side. Hope you get the gear travel you need on the DX6i.

I concur with your nomination of gear down and rate mode control and gear up for HH mode. Just need to make sure the gain settings don't invoke poor tail authority.

OK, here's MKII of the bomb/lolly dropper.

I even offered to fill it with gravel from Area 51 & dump it elsewhere........might take a while though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsaskTAivNo

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Very Nice Clip Andrew

Here is the Clip Of The Jason and Steve Encounter

(03-12-2011, 06:50 PM)samste Wrote:  Here is the Clip Of The Jason and Steve Encounter

Nasty! Frown It looked like that came out of nowhere for both of you, and both moving in the same direction.

BTW, you actually caught 2 incidents with this video!

At 1:38-1:40, you can see the last moments of my Stinson (look for the moving white blot on the far left of screen). Keep your eye in the bottom left third of the screen, and at 1:46-1:48 you'll see a spec moving down vertically downwards (you need to watch for the motion; not clear enough to screen shot). And at 1:54, there's me walking back to the pits in bewilderment.

I had to use HD720 at native screen res, and watch it about 30 times to see it, and I knew where to look... unfortunately Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater