Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blacktown Fly-in - Sunday 24th March

Just wondering who is planning to go to Blacktown? Its in 3 weeks, but last I looked at the pictures for McCoy and the weather forecast, it could very well be the next chance to fly this side of PEMAC.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

There is usually a pretty decent crowd from our club that head out to Blacktown for the annual fly in, I will certainly be making the trip if the conditions improve.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yip - I'm going, for sure. Perhaps the strip will be mown this time!
There's usually a good turnout and some large and interesting machines ... just need the weather to improve.

Steve Murray

I will be there too and this time will take a few planes to fly.

A reminder for this thread!

The weather forecasts look very good for aviation at Doonside tomorrow - should be a good day. An opportunity to catch up with a few fellow-flyers we haven't seen for a while and see a few things, both good and bad Smile

Steve Murray

I might put the PRCAC shirt on and head out that way earlyish
What time is likely to get under way ?
I'm free early on, as the missus has taken the little ones up the coast to visit her mother

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Here you go mate ... all the info from the MASNSW Newsletter. Just need to remember your MAAA card, of course!
See you there Smile

Steve Murray

Yes it's a Prcac Shirt Invasion At Blacktown Fly in Tommorow.

I'm Looking to get down there about 8am Tommorow as well.

Steve Smile

p.s Maaa card required , dont Forget (Steve M mentions it above as well)

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I missed out last year so l will go tomorrow and bring some of my bigger planes. Hope to see a good number of PRCAC members out there.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Notes, A Chair is a good thing to bring if you can.
If i can fit the shelter in i will bring it, but planes get priority.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(23-03-2013, 07:39 PM)samste Wrote:  Notes, A Chair is a good thing to bring if you can.
If i can fit the shelter in i will bring it, but planes get priority.

Jason, any chance of getting the chairs and rug off you tomorrow.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(23-03-2013, 07:39 PM)samste Wrote:  ... If i can fit the shelter in i will bring it, but planes get priority.

Heh, heh, heh, .... spoken like at true PRCACer Biggrin

Steve Murray

have a great day guys , i regret not being able to go , last it was great as a spectator. but i'm rostered on all weekend . the year has gone quick .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Thank you 'Tipper - it was pretty good. They'd mown their runway and it was alright (... not quite up to PRCAC's demanding standards though Wink ).
There was a smaller turn-out than last year's but there were still a lot of interesting machines to study.

Jason - I've got your prize from the lucky-dip too (a small ThunderTiger outrunner) so I'll pass that on to you next time I see you at our field.

Wayne - thanks for the loan of your chair, I've got that to return too.

Steve Murray

Yes Last Year we had about dozen Prcac,s At the Fly In, This Year we had about Half That, Weather was Kind and saw some nice Machines, Gave them a demo of my Stryker Edf and there even was Smaller siblings of my Gee Bee There to Entertain me in The Skies Biggrin.
Bob was up and Flying with his T28, Steve M raced the Skies with his Thunderbolt.
George Had his big Guns Out and Flying as well as Wayne and Jason.

Sorry Totally Forgot to get some Pictures of The Day.

There was some Familiar Faces from The Richmond Club as well as Sutherland and Cronulla Clubs that i met Last Year There.

Nice Day Out

Steve Smile

I had a very pleasant morning at Blacktown today. I had to be home before 11 am so that cut things a little short. The air was very nice and still and the day was setting up for some great flying.
Steve B was in fine form blasting around the sky with the Nemesis and my little red Yak enjoyed having a little more room for some extra long slow rolls.
There were some very nice large electric machines there but I didn't get to see many of them fly which was a bit of a shame.

Thanks for picking up my prize Steve !! George I still have your stuff too from the pylon day I'll bring it down to the field next weekend if your going to be there.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci