Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Stephen's Plane Build's, Mods, Techniques etc

As Kieran said To me earlier Im an Eflite Junkie Biggrin

Have swapped out Tonight the Turnigy 1100kv for the Eflite Power 25 1250kv that came from the US Today.

Motor Test with -
APC 8x8 Prop
Eflite Power 25 1250kv Motor
Turnigy 80 Amp Esc

4s Lipo
891 Watts
59 Amps
14.45 Volts

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Pogo's New Modification For Testing.

Pivot Tube Speed Tester Temporarally Installed while checking Props Etc

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I had a Chance this afternoon for a speed test on The Pogo

I did a speed Test with Pivot Tube setup above
Running 80 ESC, Eflite 1250kv, 8x8 APC prop, 2250 4s lipo 40c

Horizontal speed 162 kph (100 mph ) Frown

I was Hoping For a Faster Speed But I guess thats what it is for the Eflite Stock Setup.

Still Was a lot Of Fun Flying and Being a smaller prop size 8 was a bit nicer to take off with.

Steve Smile

All I want is Speed Leet

I'm afraid the answer for your need for speed is here: http://www.kingtech-jet.com/

(26-07-2010, 08:14 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  I'm afraid the answer for your need for speed is here: http://www.kingtech-jet.com/

Wow Thats Nice,

Thinking out Loud Here,
One of those on the back of the Funjet Frame,weight of Turbine COG position, Plenty of room in Canopy area for Fuel tank etc, Replace Stock elevons to Heavy duty Balsa Ones, Metal Gear Servos, Full Range Rx, Bright Colors so I can See Far Away, and That just might just settle my need for Speed.

Now i wonder how much that will be to setup.

What have you done to me agh agh agh Just Realised Thats an Expensive Turbine Biggrin

Not THAT expensive, $2000US is quite cheap for a turbine but the size of that is much too big for a funjet, you need a smaller one which is more expensive!

Been busy This afternoon as i bought some LED's many months ago and they been sitting on the shelf for ages.
I have been keen to do a bit of Park flying at night as its quite lit up where i am so you could nearly fly without lights.

Well we cannot have that Flying with No Lights

Typhoon Modification

Using Hobbyking on/off Switch via Gear toggle switch
current draw 1.16 amps at 12 volts 14 watts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZG8r2kYcZw

Steve Smile

Looks cool mate.
Any noticable difference in weight?
Running off flight battery or seperate?

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(30-07-2010, 12:17 AM)paulj Wrote:  Looks cool mate.
Any noticable difference in weight?
Running off flight battery or seperate?

Thanks Paul, No Difference in weight as they weigh next to nothing.
And Yes Running off Flight Battery for Power.

They are very very Bright.
Looking forward to testing them out in Flight at night.

Night Lights Wired In Parallel and ran several wires back from leds to cockpit were i connected them all parallel and then through remote switch control. Used Skinny speaker cable and connected them ened to end were possible and some straight back to cockpit.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=8833

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhk9CU80sE

Hi guys

Here is my new addition To my aircraft Which i have ordered and waiting for its arrival.
You Guessed it Balsa Biggrin

Was hoping for some feedback on what motor you guys should think i should put in.
I'm After good performance (Aerobatic) and long flight.

All Suggestions Welcome (leave the fast stuff to the Funjet though Wink)

http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_datas...chip10.htm

Steve Smile

Hmm, that's interesting Steve - we picked up the FlyFly version several months back, but haven't put it together yet. It's almost identical to the Hyperion one (998 mm wingspan, 810 mm length, fiberglass fuselage and built-up balsa wings). Should be quite slippery through the air - Owen will probably be ready to fly it some time in the next couple of weeks. I was thinking of a power-train setup which is similar to the one KevJ has in his Tucano - about the same size (roughly) and the Tucano certainly "walks the walk"!
Cheers,
S

Steve Murray

Turnigy 35-48A is > than all!

(25-08-2010, 10:47 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Turnigy 35-48A is > than all!

Yes and i have one already from my pogo trialing of motors Cool

For those who don't know this is the motor Kieran mentioning

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=7392

Steve Smile

OK then - looks a good bet at about AUD $25.

Steve Murray

Yeah I've used that 35-48 1100kv also and it's a beauty it would be better choice for you guys for flight times as the Tucano runs a 35-36 at a higher wind of 1400kv for speed but run times are quite short, I also run the 35-30 1100kv in the white spree sport thing that is around same size and it still goes pretty good and draws less than 30 amps but I run a 9x6 and probably wouldn't go bigger , good thing about the 35-48 kieran mentions is u can up it to 4s for some zip only bad thing I guess is it's a little weighty

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

A-10 Resurrection

Steve Smile

Steve hope your bringing down today it looks really good Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Kieran My Speedy has come in for Funjet so 7x9 prop can be attached Icon_twistedIcon_twisted
My Existing 100amp was being pushed to limits with 7x6 prop

Pdf Manual attacherd for KFORCE 100amp to 150amp Burst ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=9328

.pdf User Manual K force 100 amp to150ampBurst.pdf Size: 2.37 MB  Downloads: 311

Steve Smile

Sweet, thanks very much mate

(30-08-2010, 05:30 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Sweet, thanks very much mate

Not a problem It looks Pretty good Unit very similar to the 100amp i have already, Hopefully do the job.

P.s just got in Mail Towerhobbies Tower Talk Mag

Putting Together my Xmas list to give to wifey early this year Wink, i Fell In Love with Page 21 both Planes arf only versions, And There Fiberglass Too Cool

Looks like i might have to do a clean up sale soon of my Foamies.

Steve Smile

hehe you found the evader.. i rang kellets about six months ago to get me one, they told me i was jumping the gun abit Smile

its like alittle BVM bandit

, i love it eh, 160kph+ out of the box in rtr Smile and its only like a 56mm fan !

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Yeah Evader is quick, Plus i like the Idea of them being Fiberglass, But man That is one big evader in The picture, Thats probably the Size and what Darren's in Secretly Building Icon_twisted or similar.

But Realistically Probably get the Rifle as i want a fast and Sniper quiet plane Like Kierans Siren To fly(Yes I'm In Love With Your Siren Kieran Tounge ), But heh If I'm Good Santa may get me both, but They will be Frame Only to keep cost down.

And Yes They do say you need Experience to Fly the Evader as there Quick, But I'm sure you cope Fine Considering Flying fast Funjets, Habu's etc

Steve Smile

the rifle is all yours mate Smile your evader might have a bother tho ..

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

(30-08-2010, 08:34 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  the rifle is all yours mate Smile your evader might have a bother tho ..

Leet We Could be Wing Buddies LOL

SUPER CHIPMUNK 10E BUILD

Picked up From Post office My Frame Only Super Chipmunk 10E
Couldn't Help Myself Start The Build with The Motor i have ordered for the PT RYAN i wanted to get off Hobbyking But never came back in Stock.

Here is a Clip on how i Test mount with Motor prior to Fitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3bbN908YJk

Steve Smile

Looks like a sweet ride Steve
You never stop surprising us....... does your wife still talk to you?
Will be watching the sky for that smart looking piece of kit.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(31-08-2010, 05:29 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Looks like a sweet ride Steve
You never stop surprising us....... does your wife still talk to you?
Will be watching the sky for that smart looking piece of kit.

Funny you mentioned that, She just said The other day that the Laundry is getting a little crowded, as i have my Planes all Hanging up on Wall in There Biggrin

I Think I might have to make some room in Garage Wink for Them, Plus the one's in My office hanging.

Steve Smile

I Really need to get out and Fly, Espeacially when i'm giving My Panther Mini Makeover, To Liven It Up A bit.

Steve Smile

Hi Guys .

A Little Disappointed Today with The New 150 amp ESC as the Timing was way off and as soon as i got close to or under 3/4 throttle the motor would Stop. and whine.

I Was Running The 7x9 prop for speed and Pitot Tube To Record The Fastest Speed.

Below is the Speed Test Recording with Pitot of horizontal Fly by with The speed i could get out of the Funjet before the motor whines and Stops.

.gif Speed Test 1 of 6s Funjet-new.gif Size: 164.76 KB  Downloads: 308

255 km/h

Unfortunately was not Impressed as the 7x6 prop and 100amp ESC was producing much faster fly by's compared to results today.
So i Have reverted back to original Speedy and 7x6 prop for hopefully a speed test Tomorrow with The original Setup, to i get a better Esc to work Properly with my 7x9 prop Setup.

As for the 150 amp ESC i tried changing timings but it seems still to whine out of top end throttle, May have to bite the bullet and buy a Scorpion speedy to suit.

Steve Smile

RE : Buddy System I have Modified a ZX10 TX to work with any Spectrum Transmitter (Since now i using a Spectrum DX7). I will be Bringing Down the ZX10 Buddy Transmitter to The Field Every Time as it can Be used on any Spectrum Type Transmitter as a Trainer Slave Unit with the ability to easily trim to suit each Plane and controls in seconds.
Which I'm more than happy for people to use on the day anytime. Smile with there Transmitter etc

It was Quite Easy once i found some info on the workings of this as many people have done this with this unit and they are a popular and hard to find TX, Basically swap 3 wires to control sticks and works Perfect.
(I got mine last year when i bought my second hand RTF Stryker and i never used the TX as i had my Kingmax 2.4 TX)

Steve Smile

good job mate , that may come in handy for the new guys, also if your selling a plane or something and somebody want to test her or something Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i