Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Stephen's Plane Build's, Mods, Techniques etc

I thought id Replace the Smoke Trail jetiger this afternoon with my spare
Motor.
But what i didn't re\alise the one in there was 4000kv and the one i just put in is 4800kv

Holy moly had to youtube the Test. Shock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVKp1_h3Sws

Heres the link where i get my edf's from

http://www.bidproduct.com/part/Product_l...TOR_8.html

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

i c more smoke in your future.. Smile
that would be awesome but not for long !

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(14-06-2010, 11:46 AM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  i c more smoke in your future.. Smile
that would be awesome but not for long !

Bugger, What does your Crystal ball Say about close formation Flying ?

Steve Leet

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Whahahahahahahaha.
Good one Steve.
Wait till' Kev gets the PC9 up in the air, you're gonna get chewed up bigtime.
Or, may I suggest a Stryker vs Funjet combat sortie?
I'd sell tickets to watch that one!

Cheers
Rob B

formation flying is also off the menu !! Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hey Steve, any idea how much bidproduct charge for shipping?
Was looking at the link you gave us for edf's but no mention of shipping charges.
Thought I could see if I added 1 to the checkout but it goes straight to paypal account
without saying how much for postage.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Another quick question for you steve.
How are inrunners attached to the fan units?
Are they just a push on fit? I can't see any screws holding the motor on in my
L39.
thanks

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Definitely should be screwed on to the fan shroud, shaft pokes through and the impeller locks on to that.

thanks for that Kizza.
Looks like there should be a small hole on the outer Fan shroud that lets me get
an allen key into the impeller to undo motor. Had a look at the setup on the freebe delta that I got
from John and found the hole but still can't see any grub screw in there.
Will need to put under magnifying glass and have a closer look.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Oh they are real bitches to work with!! The little hole should be access to one or two grub screws holding the impeller to the motor shaft, once that's off you can attack it from the front for the rest.

(14-06-2010, 07:47 PM)paulj Wrote:  Hey Steve, any idea how much bidproduct charge for shipping?
Was looking at the link you gave us for edf's but no mention of shipping charges.
Thought I could see if I added 1 to the checkout but it goes straight to paypal account
without saying how much for postage.

Paul
Normally it always $8-00 shipping, but this is standard shipping that can take up to 21 days which is fine if your not in a hurry but if you want sooner you can get ems but you need to send email to frank from bidproduct first its then about $33-00.

Steve Smile

Look what was waiting for me Today at The Post office Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Now where do i start Leet

I never new how nice EFLITE Planes are my First impressions are wow What other models do they Have because this is one nicely crafted Plane.

Main Link For Info
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defaul...ID=EFL4200

Very Nice Steve.
Did you buy from efliterc direct or some dealer?
Just wondering on postage charges
Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(25-06-2010, 09:30 PM)paulj Wrote:  Very Nice Steve.
Did you buy from efliterc direct or some dealer?
Just wondering on postage charges
Paul

From Atomic where i get the Stryker Frames From.

Cost $139.00 us plus $50.00 us Shipping
Total $189us which i thought wasn't bad all im waiting for now is some 29gram servos and 3548 turnigy and shell be airbourne.

Link https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=EFL4200&itemname=lr-1a_pogo_arf_15e

nice steve these look great cant wait to see one in real life Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Hi all, had a little time this evening to fiddle around.

Just Thought i would Post some Pictures of some update works to Pogo motor mounting 3548 Turnigy getting it spaced just right to fit spinner on end with some clearance and some Panther modifications with wheels and steerable nose wheel.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=4681

Steve

Nice work mate

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(08-07-2010, 11:39 AM)paulj Wrote:  Nice work mate

Yes very happy With Pogo Motor Mount.

Though Panther Wheels Turned out Great, Though did a quick Test to see if she would Take off, not enough power to take off.
I then did a several hand launch, It flew quite well with a bit of drag and landed well on wheels great shock absorption works well.
Shame Though, unless i decide to up motor for thrust but i like the idea i can fly with setup as is for long flight times with well balance power to weight ratio.

Steve Smile

Pogo LR-1a Build Continues, Hoping For a Maiden This Saturday if i Finish it by Then.
Enjoying the Build Eflite Make great KIts Design very well.

Joining of Wings and cutting in and Gluing in of Aileron hinges and Ailerons, Servo Install and Test.
ESC Install and Test, Mount Cowling and prop Bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AKz8Lnhng

Steve Smile

Steve, your Pogo is coming along nicely. Just remember the quality of kit you are experiencing in building the plane is equal to how well it will fly. E-flite certainly make a good model, but unfortunately you pay for it at the cash register. Looking forward to seeing it maiden soon.

I should have my E-flite Pulse XT25E down at the field this Saturday for it's maiden flight. I tried to for last Saturday knowing the weather was going to be perfect, but on Friday evening I found the C of G was out as I'm using a larger than specified battery 4000mA instead of 3200mA. This mean't I had to rearrange things inside the fuse. Anyhow I think we are good to go this W/E.

Chris Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

(14-07-2010, 02:04 PM)chrism Wrote:  E-flite certainly make a good model, but unfortunately you pay for it at the cash register.

Thanks Cris
Yes it is quite expensive when you are buying a frame only kit and then you have to add motor, ESC, servos, Rx, lipo etc, and then build it from the basics.
But your definitely right they build great models and i think i am slowly getting to the stage (with some flying experience under my belt) that im wanting more from my planes when i buy them now.

Hope to see your E-flite Pulse XT25E down at the field this Saturday too
is this what it looks like http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defaul...ID=EFL4100

Steve Smile

Attached Files
.jpg efliteL.jpg Size: 9.65 KB  Downloads: 190

Steve, yes that's my new baby. It is really a Pulse XT32e not 25 as I have upgraded the motor to a Turnigy equivalent of the E-flite Power 32 and a 4S battery. This was an option in the manual which I took gleefully.

Very Nice Cris, It sounds like it going to Have Alot Of Power.

Build Continues Tonight, Hopefully Tommorow night will bind and Test all control surfaces and wattmeter Motor Biggrin And Sort Out Cog with Lipo Postioning.
Will be interested to see Watts, Amps, With The Setup of Motor and Prop.

Couldn't Help Myself so close To Finish

Did A Quick Bind and all Control Surfaces adjusted and perfect.

Motor Test with -
Master Airscrew 9x8 Prop
Turnigy TR 35-48A 1100kv Motor
Turnigy Super Brain 85 Amp Esc

3s Lipo
370 watts
31.8 Amps
11.7 Volts

4s Lipo
680 Watts
45.7 Amps
14.4 Volts

Steve Smile

Finishing Touches with some web reading regarding pogo

1. I have installed a Canopy lock (people are losing there canopy in Flight)

2. Increased the Overall rates on Aileron from 100% to 150% as many were saying not much control throw on Ailerons and im using metal gear servos which have a lot of throw on them.

Looks like a sweet bird Steve.
Looking forward to seeing it in the air.
PS I will buy that spare motor mount off you for the Skyfun. Mine didnt come with a motor mount.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Got Home from Flying The Pogo at Field, Was keen to see what the Specs would be for 10x10 apc prop that i had at home that i forgot to bring down.
Swapped the Prop -

Motor Test with -
APC 10x10 Prop
Turnigy TR 35-48A 1100kv Motor
Turnigy 80 Amp Esc

3s Lipo
620 watts
55 Amps
11.0 Volts

4s Lipo
1191 Watts Icon_twisted
82 Amps
14.0 Volts

Steve Smile

Thats more like it Smile

Gday Steve

That pogo will absolutely hammer, why am I not surprised you have the poor thing now sucking 82 amps after only one flight. Thumbup

Quick question, with the A10 did you Y-Lead the two ESC's or mix throttle to a spare AUX channel for the 2nd ESC? I have a twin project that is not far off and I am assuming that the 2 motors are going to kick out slightly different output curves in regards to response and total power. I am not sure if the mixing option is the best to help me synchronise them or if the difference is actually minor thus Y-Lead and a bit of rudder when needed will suffice? Each motor will have it's own battery and ESC.

Cheers
Rob B

Cheers
Rob B

(17-07-2010, 07:48 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday Steve

That pogo will absolutely hammer, why am I not surprised you have the poor thing now sucking 82 amps after only one flight. Thumbup

Quick question, with the A10 did you Y-Lead the two ESC's or mix throttle to a spare AUX channel for the 2nd ESC? I have a twin project that is not far off and I am assuming that the 2 motors are going to kick out slightly different output curves in regards to response and total power. I am not sure if the mixing option is the best to help me synchronise them or if the difference is actually minor thus Y-Lead and a bit of rudder when needed will suffice? Each motor will have it's own battery and ESC.

Cheers
Rob B

Cheers
Rob B

Thanks Rob, How does everyone know that i feel the need for more speed Icon_twisted
Yeah it was a bit Tame flying Today at Only 680 watts, But if i get a chance to come down tomorrow after kids soccer, i will get to see its true potential.
Though i had several flights later in the day with the pogo and enjoyed it a lot Biggrin even at the speed it was going was quite good.

In Regards to A-10 What I did with setup work well, not sure if thats standard way of doing it.

1. y lead two escs
2. used two identical escs ( a must to keep motors in sync )
3. two identical edfs and motors.
4. parallel battery feeds to one plug ( y leaded)

Im pretty confident that its not possible to use one esc as timing sync of two motors in parallel goes Haywire (Tried it)

Steve Smile

Rob, I'd put em on the aux channel, then you can get all smart ass and mix in some differential thrust on the rudder, simulate engine outs etc.