Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PRCAC HAVE A GO AT PYLON DAY !!

This is shaping up to be a great event, fingers crossed the weather will hold, the field is drying out nicely so far.

I was just talking to Jeremy AKA JAG on the phone, earlier this evening, there has been a really AWSOME responce from the NSW pylon Association guys in supporting our race day. It looks like we will have the oppertunity to fly with some great blokes who's collective wealth of experiance in racing and high-speed areomodeling in general could fill a collection of books!!

This is a great chance to not only have a fantastic time, enjoy some great flying and try something different, but also to meet, mingle with and ask questions of some of the nicest and most helpfull people you could possibly meet while enjoying this great hobby.

There will certainly be no lack exciting racing to watch. If you enjoy speed and skillfully flown fast flying foam then the 17th at McCoy field is not to be missed!!!

I am certainly looking very much forward to it!!

I will be there early on Sunday morning setting up the course hopefully with some help.

The plan is to get an early start with the pilots breifing getting under way at around 9am or very shortly there after. flyers racing on the day will want to be there for that.

Ingo has a bunch of hand held radios set up on the CB band most the of NSW pylon guys will have their own. If you have a hand held CB please charge it's batteries for the day and bring it allong normally channel 17 would be used. If you don't have your own then please ask Ingo or me about borrowing one. They are only small and clip onto your pocket. It's really best to have one on all the time if your involved in racing as every thing you need to know will come over the radio. Things like who is racing and when and what the times were for each race and the all important other bits of info like how many cuts there were ect. It's much easier to organise the whole thing if everyone can hear what's going on and it helps with safety as well.

Even if your not intending to race please come allong there will be plenty of interesting ways to get involved there's allways an oppertunity to have a go at judging/time keeping in the cage which is fun in it self. There will be a chance to do some normal flying during beraks in the racing.

Even if your not racing or judging or otherwise involved with helping out then please come along and cheer for local lads and take some pictures and some video or just enjoy some classic flying.

I'm looking very much forward to it and I hope to see you there !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Icon_twisted
Icon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_twistedIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Hi guys. Two quick questions, as all the guests know how to
find us. And will there be a sausage sizzle .

Regards, Bob.

(13-03-2013, 04:42 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi guys. Two quick questions, as all the guests know how to
find us. And will there be a sausage sizzle .

Regards, Bob.

Good question Bob
I'm not sure about the sausage sizzle yet It's to be advised
It would be great if we could get a volunteer to do the BBQ
Sadly our premiere, master at the tongs, Gazz,
is unable to attend on Sunday

As for directions the guests have been directed to the map link on our club web page and should find us ok

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Is anyone going to bring a Trojan or similar machine to race other than Smuzz and myself ??
Come on guys there must at least another 10 trojans or similar machines, in flying order, amongst the membership.
It would be great to see at least 3 or better 4 in the air, racing at one time.

My Trojan is only a box stock one, If no others race, then Smuzz's will have the edge so he needs some extra competition !!...................George? .........samste........Chris.........Rob B
..........anyone else ???

So far the 7 definates for racing, on Sunday, from PRCAC, we have are :

My self, Smuzz, Omuzz, wingtipper, Frank R, Claudius & SRL.

and all with fun fightes as well as a couple with Trojans!!

I'm hoping Sean from Hobbies in the hills will come along too.

Have I missed any one ??

There will be at least as many pilots from the NSW Pylon Assn.
But there's room for at least, as many more, again!!

Don't be shy get amongst it!!

Did the PEMAC blokes get an invite? They'd be covered if they signed the visitor's book.

Steve Murray

I am pretty sure no one out there has a funfighter, I know because last Sunday there were about 25 members at the field, I took my T28 funfighter up for a blast and most of the members were gobsmacked at how quick the little sucker was. There may be one or Trogans out there though.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

NEWS FLASH,

Rumor has it that Hobby King (the sponsors of FFC class pylon racing) will provide a prize or two to drawn from the pilot enty list !!

Just want to confirm, proper hard hats only or will Bicycle helmets suffice?

I've got a propper hard hat for you Kizza, I've got one for Claudio as well and another couple spare. There are a few more spare ones in the NSW pylon trailer too.

Well It's all on tomorrow, I'll be there extra early probably around 8ish setting things up

See you there !! Fly fast, turn left, and don't crash!!

PRCAC Pylon Day

I was Just like to briefly say,

The Nsw Pylon Race Day went well and everyone enjoyed Themselves, Spectators were amazed and had plenty of Heart Stopping Action To watch.
Competitors all had a great heart Pumping Time beginners and experts alike.

Lunch Time Bbq Feast was Welcomed by all.

I was very Happy to see it was Well Organized Event and that Everyone Pitched in with a Helping hand were Need be During The day which made it a very social and fun Day.

A Big Thank you To all who Helped, and you all know who you are, as there was many.
And a Big Thank you for all who came and watched, which is just as Important as this makes it for all a special Day.

Thankyou Smile

Steve
Vice President

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yes - what an excellent way to spend a day. Jason's work over the past few months teeing it up is very greatly appreciated! It was great to meet the Pylon guys - a great bunch of blokes. I must thank a few people, as well as Jason ...

Bob - a top job on the ramp, ensuring the vehicles were ready to move past the exclusion zone. Jeremy was impressed at Bob's readiness to spend the whole day on duty.

Kev - thanks for getting the BBQ managed and even though it was only samste's small portable unit, everyone was duly fed and watered.

John - for spending the whole day making sure there was going to be a comprehensive photographic record, with shots taken from all over the field.

SteveB - for going right out of his way to help me rescue my Trojan and to make the "thank you" speech to the Pylon blokes.

SteveL - lending experience and guidance to the novices like me.

I'm personally very embarrassed at putting my Trojan into the casuarina tree, but it was worth it to be awarded my Willows Cup - this is now a prized possession Smile It is shown here full of German pilsener and that's the way I'll treasure it!

What a top time - I'm going to make sure I practice properly before the next time we do this.

Steve Murray

The Pylon Racing was fantastic. Here are a few photos of the day - there are a couple of hundred more for the archives etc.

A lot of pilots attended and had a great time.

Launching the Squadron

Piloting

Fast and around the pylon

Found It (I ain't afraid of Red Belly Black Snakes!) Jason retrieves Claudio's wayward plane.

Crashes Galore

The winner of the best crash (Top of a Tree)

Overall Winner and his Prize

Hi guys
It was excellent fun for us guys who didnt plan on racing but did anyway with whatever planes we had.
thanks again for the guys who organised it all.

In my rush to leave and pack the kids I left the chairs and picnic rug behind. wondrer if somone found them?

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Guy's I'm amazed !!
What a top day!! I must say I had a fantastic time

A big thank you to everyone who came along and helped make it a success!!

Great work from the PRCAC guys, It just proves we can put on top show. What a great club to be a member of !!

A very special thankyou must go to the NSW pylon guys for, coming along, organising prizes bringing not only their gear and their experience but infectious enthusiasm as well. I know many of them travelled a long way to fly at out field and their support is greatly appreciated!!

(17-03-2013, 10:19 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  Hi guys
It was excellent fun for us guys who didnt plan on racing but did anyway with whatever planes we had.
thanks again for the guys who organised it all.

In my rush to leave and pack the kids I left the chairs and picnic rug behind. wondrer if somone found them?

That's all right George I picked them up I think there is a small jacket as well as the chairs, a rug and a drink container. All safe till next time I see yopu at the field Smile

(17-03-2013, 10:20 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Guy's I'm amazed !!
What a top day!! I must say I had a fantastic time

Despite my lacklustre flying, had an awesome time - was great to have an event like this on home turf - thanks to everyone who contributed, and to Jason for pulling this all together.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

WELL i came home fulfilled and the only crash i had all day was on the lounge . LOL .
I really could not think of a better way to spend a Sunday . Pylon racing is something i never considered , but the enthusiasm is infectious .
I was glad to meet pylon guys from other clubs , The Organising and effort these people went to was exceptional , and listening to some of the stories was good. a SPECIAL MENTION TO HOBBYKING , for sponsoring prizes and all involved there . THE PRCAC COMMITTEE , and Jason for the planning and making it happen .
cheers guys . Not often does one feel like that . those days are the ones worth living .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

(17-03-2013, 09:52 PM)stillflyin Wrote:  Found It (I ain't afraid of Red Belly Black Snakes!) Jason retrieves Claudio's wayward plane.

That was a particularly champion effort...

I reckon I did the quickest, girliest 50m sprint I've ever done when I disturbed one of the local red/black residents of McCoy swamp.

Jason's response: "Oh, you've found him now so he won't find me" Thumbup

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Hi guys. Thanks Steve for the comments, speaking for myself. I have a great day, watching the flying, found it fascinating. And those pylon Association guys are fantastic, and as far as I concern would be welcomed that the field. Any day. Only one little comment, we need to maybe sort out the parking , a little bit better.
But decide that it was a really good day, and I think everybody
involved should be congratulated on such a great day .

Regards. Bob.

waits for video footage ...........

(18-03-2013, 05:15 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  waits for video footage ...........

some of it is uploading now. There's three races two I edited and the last one Simon took with my camera was perfect just as it was !!

It may be an hour or 3 before they are available up load is a little slow tonight

http://youtu.be/0OL6A_Q9OY8

Looks like a great day was had by all... SPEWIN' I missed it!

This looks like a nice place to visit, maybe next year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wToa7MIh68A

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I'd love to go and watch the Reno Races. I really enjoyed the Red bull racing in Perth, it's tighter and closer in than the Reno style racing but those unlimeted Reno race planes are much faster !!

Here's some more pics from the Willows Cup Trophy Races on Sunday

Pylon 2 got a slight modification earlier in the day but it being a foot shorter it didn't make all that much difference to the course.

Pilots and callers get ready to race

View from the starters possition, Ranjit holds up Ian's ancient Yellow RareBear for IDing by the Cage.
I'm lead to believe this was the oldest Rarebear to fly on the day.

Here's some more video Simon did a great Job of filming it with my camera!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9zldUULzA&list=UUCaiVcg35wWONGVNQ2MrPDQ&index=1

And some more video (will be a ready tomorrow, very slow uploading)

http://youtu.be/0aQT0AUEbws

Here's a bit more video from the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5r_nHdCCEg&feature=youtu.be

Here's a compilation of the best bits of video and with some of John Hale's excellent photography edited in !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yih56ZgYog&vq=hd720