Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FlyFly F100

(13-01-2013, 11:31 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  yep . the field can definaitely take big planes now . att ( gbanger, raptorfly and secantogive) i need to see some in the air so i can take my next direction in aircraft . LOL .

2meter B-25 coming soon. 1.5meter 90mmFlyfly F100 almost complete. Big they are added to the collection of ever growing no of large plane.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Hey George,
That FlyFly F100 should be good fun.
I have one that I'm building too. I have the EPO version what is yours?
Got Callie Graphics in USA to make me a set of decals for it and have also
upgraded the cockpit from Parkflyer plastics.
I'm using a CS 10 Blade EDF with 1800kv motor. What power system are you going to use?
Lots of mods listed on RCG's for this plane and I think I'm just about doing all of them.
Looks great on you tube videos.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Hi Paul
Your Mods will make it look fantastic. My one is EPO as well, so its heavy. I had it sitting in the box for over a year and I have the extreme RC Midi EDF and ERC Motor and 120A HV ESC package balanced by Mark from extreme to run on 6- 8S and give 4kg thrust. Just never built it because of our runway but decided to go for it last week. Stock look and no mods. Just put in sevoless retracts but the only one that fit are for 2.8kg planes let's see how they handle our grass.
I don't expect it to be fast because of the draggy air frame but I hope it will have plenty of power on 8S to fly well.

Cannot wait to see your Jet. I'm sure it will look awsome with the mods.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

must be something about this model as I've done the same thing.
Been sitting in box for about a year while I pondered on what I was going to do with it.
Yours will be sighted first as I'm only just starting to work on mine now.
Are you making the wings removable for transport?
Don't think I have any option but to do that with my little car.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Yes, because it’s a big airframe and you have to power it yourself, it makes you stop from rushing into it. But as soon as I heard that they are removing the willow trees and we would have a better approach and take off, I decided to build it.
The wing joins together into one but is removable from the fuse with two screws. I'm having trouble with the set nuts that you epoxy on a piece of ply to screw in the wings. One came loose after I inserted he screws and tightened them, so I had to drill to get it out. It’s also a hassle to feed the extension and wires for the gear and ailerons through the fuse every time you take the wings off... So I might just glue the wings on permanently, the wing span will fit in most cars.. it’s the fuse that is very long.

Hope to have it ready for the weekend or next.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Well, I'm almost there.. I need to solder up an 8S harness (2 Lipos in Series) and a separe BEC and Lipo.

here are some pics.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Lookin good George... will be nice to have the maiden at McCoy... just don't rush it!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I LOVE IT GEORGE . you can get the lipo series leads at hobbiels in the hills if you dont want to bother soldering . that plane looks like the perfect swept back EDF .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

wow thats impressive George !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

yep looking good George

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Yes - it does look good, very interesting.
The undercarriage looks small, so we'll have to make sure that the runway is good to go for it.

Steve Murray

(22-01-2013, 06:49 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Yes - it does look good, very interesting.
The undercarriage looks small, so we'll have to make sure that the runway is good to go for it.

The wheels are not too bad but I used small size servoless retracts (the only ones that would fit) so yes the smoother the runway the better.... and the smoother the landing the better.Paranoid.. may be I shouldn't fly itLol

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

I love it! One of my most successful plastic models as a kid was an F100 painted in Vietnam War (camo) colours of course Smile
I want one, no room, not for next couple of years anyway......

Well.. after a few nights of working on this F-100. All the wiring is done and ready to be power tested.The landing gear that comes with the Kit is just rubbish, its flimsy, week and wobbles all over the shop. I re-inforced it and was going to try it out. I hooked up the servo tester and 6V life batt.. the servoless retracts didn't like 6V and one went up in smoke.... bugger, I tested them before with no issue!! Just wish I had room for my lander full metal ones! .. I'm going to have to re-think this landing gear option.... No maiden this weekend.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Oh well back to the drawing board, hope you are able to locate suitable a replacement soon so you can get the bird up in the air

Hey George,
What do you mean small size servoless retracts are the
only ones that will fit?
Lots of people on RCG using various retracts
including the Eflite 25-46 size retracts. I agree that the stock gear leaves
a lot to be desired though.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(24-01-2013, 11:49 PM)paulj Wrote:  Hey George,
What do you mean small size servoless retracts are the
only ones that will fit?
Lots of people on RCG using various retracts
including the Eflite 25-46 size retracts. I agree that the stock gear leaves
a lot to be desired though.

Yes they are using different size retracts but they had to modify the mounting areas, cut and add extra ply bases..a lot of fiddling about which I was trying to avoid. It looks like I now have to do the same..I have RC lander 7kg full metal set and a large size 4.5kg servoless retracts. they just don't fit on the stock mounts will have to mod.
I also have a lighting system and 90mm afterburner LED's that I did not mount because I just wanted to fly the bugger and didn't want to mess around with it especially beause my build times start at 10.30pm after the kids and everyone one else has gone to sleep. These sessions stretch to 1.00am+... cannot do to many of those late nights and function at work the full week.
I'll get it done soon.. maybe this long weekend..

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Don't sweat to much about your build time mate. I'm still building a 90mm Jet Teng L39 that I bought 2 years ago.... Its almost there... but not quite.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

yea mate take your time.
I've got a few projects that have been on going for a couple of years Smile
Keep telling myself to stop buying and finish building but you know
how it is. Can't help myself.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

FOR SALE
I built this last year from an Xtreme RC Midi Wemo tech 90mm fan and ARC 36-75-1 balanced by Xtreme. + Xtreme RC lighting HV ESC 100A upto 12 cell. I used full metal gear servos with 15A BEC.
After trying to maiden this Jet last year on 8S it was @ 85db so its over the limit and wasn't allowed to fly it.
on 6S it was good @ 76db but as I took off the ESC cut off..I had to land quick and and ripped the retract out and some of the missiles. No damage to the Jet, missiles can be glued back on.. but Landing gear needs a new one.(Xtreme RC says my Lipo is not good for this High end Motor, fan and ESC. I need high C rated lipos. I can also add a 10-12 blad fan and increase performance and sound). Well the Jet has been sitting in the garage for well over 6 moth and I don't think I will set up again for a fly... It's looks goo and in new codition. So its up for sale.
The Xtreme RC Midifan, ARCmotor and HV ESC balanced cost me $425
The F100 cost me with all servo's and bits $250.
Total: $675
If anyone is interested I will take $400 or make me a reasonable offer.. Just need to add new retracts. I would love to see someone fly it.
Happy to sell the components separately if interested but I have to cut into the fuse a little to get to the ESC.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano