Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vmar Fournier Motorglider

Hi all,

I would really appreciate any opinions or advice regarding what
motor/esc would best suit this model.

The Fournier is 2meters in wingspan but has a reasonably small fuselage and will weigh between 1200 and 1800grams all up. The instructions suggest a 250watt motor. I will be ordering from hobbyking and wondered whether the Turnigy park480 1020kv brushless outrunner would be suitable for it on a turnigy 40A plush ESC and Turnigy 3S 2,200ma Lipos. Or would a bigger spec motor be needed.

Thanks in advance.

Yudash

I would go for a bigger than suggested spec motor with any model you intend to fly at McCoy park
For the simple reason that it's a field with very short approaches and quite a few obsticles. When you want to avoid any one of them or just leave it a little late to decide to go around for another landing approach you want the power to be able to point that machine at the sky and climb out of harms way with out the fear of stalling due to lack of grunt !!

Personally I would go for a G10 or a G15 the G15 has twice the power of the Park 480 and weighs only 2 grams more than the G10. The G 10 has about 50% more power. You will need a 50A esc for the G 15 if you want to get the full power it's caperble off but you can run it with a 40 A esc if you don't load it up with too big a prop.

Both the G10 and G 15 are smaller diameter than the Park 480 so no problem there but they are a little longer

Hope this is of some help Biggrin

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Yudash

Ive got a 2 meter HobbyKing Minimoa that I fly on 3S 2200 batteries.
I don't know its specs but it not quite that heavy, its probably about 1.2 to 1.4 kg.
Mine flies like a champion but could definatley use a little extra weight up the front as the 2200 3S battery is just a little to light.
I would definately take Jasons advice and put in the G15, just make sure you do the math on your prop, so you don't fry in the sky!
Here is a link to the Minimoa, its a lovely glider.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...n_Fly.html

Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=88&pid=13426#pid13426

Post 370 my setup, John Hale can Vouch it flew well as he flew it as well.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks for the advice gentleman.

Much appreciated