Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

150lbs twin turbines with afterburners

hi guys

i have been working on a project for the last ten years and i am finally at a stage where i can start sharing it with people. i got not one but two 150lbs engines i have attached to to a board that i will hopefully be taking up to a guinness world record land speed record.

you can see the photos, videos and info at the website. follow the link for more. http://www.jetluge.com.au/

i would love to hear some feedback.

p.s. i have already hear the "your mad" type of feedback thanks haha.

Your friggn' mad!

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(05-11-2012, 03:51 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  Your friggn' mad!

Lol was waiting for someone to respond with that saying Biggrin

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(05-11-2012, 03:51 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  Your friggn' mad!

haha.....i see what you did there Wink

I'll ditto Peter's comment. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Mind boggling madness, hope you have thick soles on your boots, will take some stopping

unfortunately for the guinness record i am only allowed to stop the luge with my feet. fortunately for me, my years of competing in streetluge has put me in direct contact with many many truck tread suppliers. in this case i will be needing a lot of it. just think of the challenge i have trying to stop almost 100kgs of board and rider from 200kph with just my feet. HERE COMES FUN! haha

(05-11-2012, 08:58 PM)Dazthecowboy Wrote:  HERE COMES FUN! haha

Or an impact with something unexpected. 200kph with 50mm between your arse and the bitumen. Good luck Daz. Watch those jets. They burn good.

I'm sure that stability has always been a priority during development, but if that sucker starts a tank slapper at 200mph plus can I have whats left of your turbines?... When they land... that is! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin
They should work nice in the 3 meter SU37 I'm just about to start.Thumbup

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Amazing..............What was holding back that trailer
from taking off?

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(05-11-2012, 09:22 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I'm sure that stability has always been a priority during development, but if that sucker starts a tank slapper at 200mph plus can I have whats left of your turbines?... When they land... that is! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrinBiggrin
They should work nice in the 3 meter SU37 I'm just about to start.Thumbup

haha. in the event of my miss adventure i believe one is already spoken for. the other i want incorporated into my tombstone.

on a lighter note. what are you running in your SU37? i hope it's twins and not the single split i see people do.
(05-11-2012, 09:26 PM)paulj Wrote:  Amazing..............What was holding back that trailer
from taking off?

you can't see it in the clips but the wheels were attached to the ground. that and we only gave the engin 30% throttle for that test. i am working on getting the afterburners fired up and painting the board. the next test will be both engines at the same time. then afterburner tests. then flamer tests. hehe i can't wait to try the flamer. we are hoping and aiming for about 20 feet.

Make sure it's pointing in the right direction.
My mate set fire to his wife's prized rose bush. Smile

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

reading the post i understand you've put 10 years of development into this mate . i'm sure you'll do it . well done .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(06-11-2012, 12:31 AM)paulj Wrote:  Make sure it's pointing in the right direction.
My mate set fire to his wife's prized rose bush. Smile

(06-11-2012, 01:00 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  reading the post i understand you've put 10 years of development into this mate . i'm sure you'll do it . well done .

what are you talking about?! this has been the best hedge trimmer i have ever bought!

i first sat down and started to design the board and how the engines would mount back in 2002. back then it was just a single engine but i did design it with an afterburner. after the Englishman beat me to it in 2008 due to no one wanting to jump on board something like this in Australia, meant that the poms not only set the record. but then broke it a second time in 2010. it was then i decided to say stuff it, i am doing it myself, sponsors or no. so i went to to the bank and got a huge personal loan. three months later, i went back so i could afford the second engine. i even told the bank what i was going to use the money for and they just had a laugh as if not believing me haha. all in all it has been a massive journey just to get it to this point. i still feel i have a very long way to go but i know i will do whatever i need to to get the land speed record to Australia.
just a side note. the Englishman is going for it again, he has a formula one team building his board for him and a TV program paying for it all. the one advantage i have is my two engines and afterburners..... and the fact i am a little crazy hehe.