Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

HobbyKing Group Orders - Discussion

Hi All just A Quick Note These Lipos Are Back In Stock and Cheap as, Especially with our Current High Dollar. Just Thought I'd Mention this as these Lipos seem to be most popular with alot of Planes with a high discharge as well.
You May want to grab some while there in Stock (Stryker, Trojan, Cessna, Funjet etc)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=9394

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Gday Kieran/ Capt R

Could you check the blades I have ordered for the heli I have just grabbed from Darren are the right ones. Darren suggested I save the carbon blades for when I actually know what I am doing. Also feel free to suggest other spare parts I should consider.
Finally, best suggestion and location to buy for a scale body for this baby will be considered, note it can't be a Bell or a Hughes, we need a new shape in the air. I did see the EC body at Helipross however I don't want to fake the fenestron tail rotor.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Cheers
Rob B

Rob, try this place. I have heard good reviews and the prices seem reasonable. I'm considering something myself when I can $$$.

http://stores.ebay.com/sylvian1975/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=362156939&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Andrew.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Hi All

Gary look what they have done to your alpha Jet
(THE NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION)

Now That Is A Set Up for It, Retracts, 90mm edf , 6s lipo
That would move Fast.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=14441

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(28-09-2010, 01:36 PM)samste Wrote:  Hi All

Gary look what they have done to your alpha Jet
(THE NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION)

Now That Is A Set Up for It, Retracts, 90mm edf , 6s lipo
That would move Fast.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=14441

Steve Smile

Me thinks I might have to sell mine and buy that sucker.
Looks like a sweet upgrade.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yeah i think its a different company who makes this Alpha as its bigger in all ways length and wing.
As well Has Rudder and details.

Very Nice Unit by looking at it, Interesting to see the Flight Comments. If there is any web Posts about The Alpha The Person who would know is the Master of Finding everything on the Web, Kieran Biggrin, As i ask many Times about Things and he in a Flash Links this and That, and I'm just Going How does he do it.

Steve Smile

After closer inspection, the weight increse is pretty substancial.
I think I will watch the internet for a while before I upgrade.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(21-09-2010, 10:58 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday Kieran/ Capt R

Could you check the blades I have ordered for the heli I have just grabbed from Darren are the right ones. Darren suggested I save the carbon blades for when I actually know what I am doing. Also feel free to suggest other spare parts I should consider.
Finally, best suggestion and location to buy for a scale body for this baby will be considered, note it can't be a Bell or a Hughes, we need a new shape in the air. I did see the EC body at Helipross however I don't want to fake the fenestron tail rotor.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Cheers
Rob B

Suggested Spare Parts = Main Blades, Feathering Shafts, Main Shafts, Main Gears, Fly-bars..

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile

Gday Rob (Ver.2 Upgrade)

Thanks for the spare parts suggestions, in summary it appears that anything that moves is a candidate for the spare parts list.

On another tack, I have just noticed that the Aus HK warehouse is getting some batteries in stock. Sweet!!! Thumbup

Could not find the "Decent Weather" in there though! Frown

Cheers
Rob B (Ver.1)

Just noticed HK Aus warehouse has some 2200 3S lipos and I need a couple. Is anyone doing a local order or interested in adding to a local order to use up that 7kg postage allowance If I end up doing the order. I believe there will be some new planes there this week as well.

Keiran, are you going to add managing local HK orders to your work load, or is it getting too messy.

KevinB

OK Kev - you can put me down for a pair of the 3S 2200's if you like.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

ooh local orders are looking nice, im not needing anything this time but im looking forward to reaping rewards soon. . hope we can get the locals sorted out as easy as intl.. Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hey Kieran,
Do you have any idea how much the postage on a Combat & Slope Soaring Wing would be?

Alternatly, does anyone know where I could either get a replacement Flycat Airframe or an airframe suitable for the 56mm EDF that the Flycat uses?

Thanks
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Ooohh, there's now lots of goodies available at the Aus Warehouse for HobbyKing..9 pages of stuff..........
(07-10-2010, 09:41 AM)popeyepete Wrote:  Ooohh, there's now lots of goodies available at the Aus Warehouse for HobbyKing..9 pages of stuff..........

Hang-on, theres something wrong with the pages link, it goes directly to the Euro Warehouse?

Yeh, you're right Pete - the first page of the three for the AUS warehouse listing is alright, but when you try to page 2, it redirects to the DE warehouse. I tried altering the URL string from ....de.asp.... to aus.asp in the location in my browser when I was on page 2 and got a "Page no longer available" error. Looks like they've got a few links pointing in the wrong places there.

Steve Murray

(07-10-2010, 10:11 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Yeh, you're right Pete - the first page of the three for the AUS warehouse listing is alright, but when you try to page 2, it redirects to the DE warehouse. I tried altering the URL string from ....de.asp.... to aus.asp in the location in my browser when I was on page 2 and got a "Page no longer available" error. Looks like they've got a few links pointing in the wrong places there.

Fixed now, the two additional pages are Lipo's.

I don't mind doing Australian orders, I doubt we would manage a weekly order unless there is sufficient people ordering, I'll have a look at the maths and see if I can find a clear threshold where its better off just ordering from Australia. I have a feeling it will be when someone wants a airframe.

Mick, you're looking at ~$13au Postage on the combat wing. Always take the weight in grams and * by 0.03.

437g * 0.03 = $13.11

Kieran, with the Aus Hobbyking order, would I be better off ordering my 2S5000 Lipo from the Aus warehouse for $22.57 or leave it as is from Hong Kong for $19.79? I guess the shippng cost savings from Aus is better than this price diffence - just thought I'd check...Thanks.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Depends on how much else gets ordered from HK Aus. They have a flat rate up to 7kg so it would be best to make the most of it. I haven't worked it out per gram yet but there are $ savings across the board from ordering locally. They also will come much quicker (Obviously!) All lipo orders from HobbyKing have more expensive freight now as they are sent via Singapore.

OK, I'll move my Lipo order across to the AUS order site.
If you don't get enough orders for the AUS warehouse could you please put this Lipo order back to regular warehouse. (Thanks)
1 X http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=10098 - (Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase)

P.S. Just realized I still owe you for my last small order. I'll add that to this coming order in the next day or 2 if that's OK. thanks

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Kieran,
I'm getting emails from Hobby king to say that the FlyCats are back in stock:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=4953

Is it too late to get it added to the last order or will it wait until the next one?
Thanks

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

I can order it, Just a heads up that it will cost more to ship than what its worth. Aslong as your cool with that, I'll put it in asap

(03-11-2010, 10:09 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  I can order it, Just a heads up that it will cost more to ship than what its worth. Aslong as your cool with that, I'll put it in asap

Any idea of an approx cost? I'm just interested in fixing up the one that I totalled. I guess if it's gonna be too much I won;t worry.
Thanks

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Approx US$44.70 Landed

+

AU$12.48 for your other bits

Quote:Approx US$44.70 Landed
Yikes I didn't think it would be that much. Maybe leave it with me while I decide what to do. Also, did I put in an order for a motor and an ESC and props and stuff? Not sure if I hit the right button on that order or not as I didn't see it listed in the HK Order thread.

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

No motor/esc, you ordered a pilot model and clevises. They're on their way now

(04-11-2010, 12:06 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  No motor/esc, you ordered a pilot model and clevises. They're on their way now

Hmm, Not sure what happened with that one then, must have not hit the "post" button or something. It's ok, I'll just put in another order. No hurry with it.
Thanks
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

OK flyers - got an email message from HK today (perhaps most of you did also?) indicating that for 12 hours only (of which there are about 5 left) there was a deal whereby lots of ten of the 6-channel "orange" DSM2-compatible receivers could be had for $100. I was thinking of going halves - anyone interested? - please get back to me as soon as you've made a decision so that we don't miss out.

Steve Murray

Did not hear anyone else comment about a sms message
I received from HK last Sunday night, was I the only one to get one?
The message said that they were offering $1 postage on any items (planes included)
from NSW warehouse if ordered before the end of the weekend.
All very well and good but I did not receive the message until approx 11:30pm giving me
exactly 30mins to decide on what I wanted and place an order.
The details on the sms message stated that message was sent from HK at 8:30pm (I guess that must
be hong kong time)
Would have been a great chance to get a group order going just wish they had given me more time
to action

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Oh, yes Paul - I got one of those SMS's, but I forgot all about it. I received it at exactly 5:00pm on Saturday afternoon. I should have got a couple of batteries at least, but forgot to act on it.

Steve Murray