Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

HobbyKing Group Orders - Discussion

No problems here either, I live on it!
Make sure you are going to: http://www.HobbyKing.com

Their other domains sometimes stop working.

(29-07-2010, 02:54 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  No problems here either, I live on it!
Make sure you are going to: http://www.HobbyKing.com

Their other domains sometimes stop working.

Quote:Hi Colin,
Think it might be a problem at your end.
I've been going into the Hobby King website everyday sometimes
3 or 4 times a day never had any problems.

Paul

I think we need to start a new Thread

HOBBY KING HOLICS ANONYMOUS

Im like Paul and Kieran im seemed to be dragged to it everyday and its never offline.

Oh got that feeling again got to go and check out Hobby King so .................................................................... what were we talking about ?........................................

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'm like a little kid in a toy shop.Smile
All those wonderful goodies that I want for Christmas.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Here is the warehouse in Taren Point, the wheels are turning!

(29-07-2010, 07:28 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Here is the warehouse in Taren Point, the wheels are turning!

Seriously Stalking The Warehouse Lol Got to start the HOBBY KING HOLICS ANONYMOUS Thread.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hay Kev
Just noticed that you have a Plush 80amp ESC on order and a programming card.
Thay also have an 85 amp ESC that is lighter and smaller than the Plush and has better electronics if you dont mind paying a few dollars more.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=10331&Product_Name=Turnigy__Brushless_ESC_85A_w/_5A_SBEC
Don't want to be a busy body but that programming card doesn't apear to be compatible with the Plush ESC, if that is what you were buying it for.
I think the Card you need is
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=2169&Product_Name=TURNIGY_BESC_Programming_Card
Tell me to mind my own buisiness if you like but just thought I would point it out
PS: The Skyfun is stating to progress nicely. Just waiting on a few more bits from hobby king so I can complete the build.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Good spot there Garry.
I agree think the ones you have suggested are a better buy.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

thanks for the tip on the esc , ive been happy using them in the past but they have been out of stock for a long time now, ill check out the ones you mentioned.. the programming card is for my sons remote control car tho so but out on that one ... Smile just kidding thanks for checking Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Hi all,
I found a TB-20 Electric ARF Airplane KIT on the Hobby King website. Seems pretty cheap but it looks ok. Does anyone have an opinion of this plane?

Kieran, any idea on what the postage on this would be?

thanks
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

More than the plane is worth!!! Still an ok deal. Its not very big and a bit on the fragile side but an ok flyer (Victor has one).

Looking at $35-$45 Shipping

Kieran
Just a friendly reminder that the parts I am waiting for from Hobby King are now in stock.
Not giving you a hard time just pointing it out as I am waiting on those bits to get some of my aircraft sorted.
Thanks mate
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Gday All

Just beginning work on the sniper that I scored off Darren and I have a couple of queries.

Darren- What was the model of the mg digital servo's you recommended?

Also, Darren sparked an idea by suggesting mounting an EDF on it rather than the prop, has anyone purchased an EDF from HK that actually works? If they are anything like their folding props the plastic bag they come in is the most useful component. I am seriously considering having a twin EDF 55mm (or larger) EDF system to power this sucker.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Rob B

HK Digital Metal Gears are your go to servo for anything fast:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=6314

I reckon a decent 70mm would be on the cards for any sort of performance. The HK fans ARE ok but can come unbalanced which could be a bit of a pain. I reckon source the motor from HK but grab a fan unit from Mark down at ExtremeRC.

A twin EDF setup would be extremely amp hungry and limit your flights even more but would be pretty cool. I'd say 64mm min, I can't see 55's have anywhere near the torque needed for the grass strip.

In the end, it all depends on how you want this thing to fly. A prop will yield best torque and top end speed without breaking the bank. EDF wins on cool factor.

The one thing you gotta keep in mind with Pushy cats is that you have a blown elevator for the majority of the flight. You then throttle off to land and have bugger all pitch control, a twin EDF setup that mitigates this by placing the thrust elsewhere would be very cool!

Gday Kieran

Yeh Darren also suggested getting the fans from Extreme RC, will go that way as I could not be arsed balancing a HK fan which I suspect would be about as balanced as Mark Latham.

However I intend to hand launch hence why I am going the EDF route, would the smaller fans suffice for this?
FYI after setting up the Twinstar I an 400% addicted to twins, will likely not ever have a single again. However HK have a nice new pattern ship that I have my eye on.

Cheers
Rob B

It all comes down to how good (or crap in my case Wink ) your throw is. Edf's have bugger all torque but if you can consistently chuck the model into a decent flying speed then you'll be all good. It'll want to be a good chuck because the wing loading is gonna be higher than your standard foamy as well

Are you gonna keep the landing gear on or go for belly landings? That model might want a skid down the belly or something to take the brunt of landings.

Gday Kieran

The gear would stay off if I am hand launching, I'd love to get into retracts however I have sort of resigned myself to the fact that due to the dirt bike morons the field is going to be "rough" most of the time.
Skids would be a easy no brainer build for that airframe. The forums suggest that the nosewheel explodes when you breath on it so may as well not install.

May also consider the bungee launch however that looks quite scary. Having said that I am sure Darren would be willing to train me up in the techniques associated with that and it is something I would like to learn.

Cheers
Rob B

I was worried about the bungee to but at long as Darren doesn't stick the windsock pole at the end of the bungee ramp it's actually very stress free.. It's a perfect throw every time Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Gday All

I have just ordered the digital servo's as per Kierans advice.
However I cannot locate a programming doodat thingy?
Is it just me or has the format of the HK website changed slightly? I was sure they has stuff like this in the "Parts and Accs" link.

Cheers
Rob B

Hi Rob
If it is a programming card you are after you will find them in the ESC listing at the top of the menu.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Read yesterday on the Hobbyking Website that their "Sydney Warehouse has now received its first consigment"

Can anyone tell me where it is and if it is operational, phone no etc.;
I suppose that would make it much easier to order stuff locally!!!.......hopefully

Thanks for the info and have a good day SmileSmileSmile

Smile

Gday Gazza

Nah mate was looking for a programmer for digital servos not esc's. Kieran advised that HK do not have them but any brand will be ok as they are "generic".

Also, love the way you are wringing out your Sukhoi. Thumbup

In regards to the Oz HK warehouse I hope it is packed to the rafters with LiPo's, or, more selfishly, eveything I ordered on Sunday! Biggrin
According to kieran it is Taren Point if memory serves.

Cheers
Rob B

Prop Much? Wired

I'm sure Kieran will correct me if I'm wrong. Smile
But, my understanding of the HK Australian Warehouse
is that it will be for dispatching of orders only.
You will still have to order via HK in Hong Kong and payment can be
made to them there. They will then advise Aust Warehouse to dispatch to you.
Hopefully at cheaper postage than now.
There was some talk of the warehouse being at Tarren Point but I believe that too has changed
and the warehouse is now located somewhere south of Nowra. (Bateman's Bay??)
So chances of us going over to warehouse and picking up our order looks grim. Frown

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(01-09-2010, 03:38 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Prop Much? Wired

Was Thinking of making a 12 prop bi Plane Biggrin

Steve Smile

Thanks Paul for the information.Looks like they HK obviously do not appreciate the distances that we have in this country.

South of Nowra!!!???............Cor, Blimey they should have tried Albury to make it a little easier.

Smile

Hi Guys,
I've put in an order for a bunch of Carbon Fibre rods. I know that you a pay a bit for the packaging-tube and it's a bit inefficient if you're only ordering a few. If anyone else needs some Rods - this is a good time to place an order and share the packaging cost. I imagine 1 Packaging-tube can probably hold quite a few rods.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Cool
plush 60's and orange rx's back in stock
Yay

Cheers
Rob B

Hi All

RE : Rob B, John J, Steve M
I have your Hobby king Orders that i Picked Up From Kieran's as he will not be at Field This Weekend.
I will be Flying Saturday Only and will bring H/K Order down for you to Pickup, Or else you can Message me and pick up from my place if you want Sooner.

Steve Smile

Cheers Steve - thanks for that. Saturday morning at the field will be fine mate, see you then.
Steve

Steve Murray

Fine for me too. See you Saturday morning... goody!, Funjet bits!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e