Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

HobbyKing Group Orders - Discussion

Panspermian Wrote:How far does the Aussie dollar have to drop before Hobbyking is no longer a cheap option?
Things aren't looking good. I certainly won't do a personal order till things start looking up.

.80cents is nothing, HK is good value when the dollar is sub .50 for some items like batteries

Gday Kieran

I cannot seem to edit orders in the group order thread?
It states that the thread is locked?
Cheers
Rob B

I'm seeing the same thing. Is there likely to be an opportunity for an order soon? (My wife wants to buy me some birthday presents Wink ).

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

Gday Drew

Well your issue above certainly adds to the "urgency" of the situation. May I suggest the use of CTRL A (select all) when your wife places order?
Bear in mind, of late, due to various issues beyond our control your order will probably arrive in time for xmas.

Perhaps that is why Kieran has locked the thread?

Cheers
Rob B

I certainly don't want to second guess Kieran, but
bear in mind things with HK are not good at the moment.
I've been reading their forum and it looks like it's going to be
a little while until things get back to normal (if ever).
Huge backlog of parcels due to extreme airport security at
Hong Kong has resulted in a lot of shipped items being returned to HK
for reshipment via a different port.
HK are trying to expedite as best they can but it will still be awhile until
we can look forward to normal service.
As a side note, the airport security problems is only reflecting what a
lot of other countries are doing with regard to LiPo batteries and air shipments.
Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I Think Your right Paul, It may take a while.
I think all lipo orders should be done separately to avoid any delays with other Hobbyking Items Ordered

This is an Extract From Hobby King done June 3
Thinking this is a Temporary fix but i dont know if its a good permanent solution
It's starting to look permanent for Hong Kong Post.

That means alot of small eBayers and other stores that dont have the capacity to ship out via private courier will be attempting time and time again to post their lipo's only to have them returned a week or two later.
You're going to see alot of HK/CN vendors stop selling Lipo's in the coming weeks/Months as they work out that it's not getting through.

We are now doing the following;
1) We have charged two private courier companies with the task of shipping our products out. Bypassing Hong Kong Post.\

2) We have already sent 2 containers of Lipoly to Germany and next week 1 container to Seattle (the location of our new warehouse to be).

3) Customers who buy Lipo from as now will have them shipped via the Private couriers.

4) In future you will have a greater selection of Lipo from USA (Seattle) or DE (Hamburg) warehouses.

5) We are changing tracking system pages this week and next to better reflect the new services.

In the end you're going to get your batteries at the same price, but with faster shipping and less customs issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I totally forgot that I left the post locked! Probably for the better with the way things are, lipo delays and dodgy exchange rate.

I've pushed through a quick order of outstanding items that just came into stock, regular service will resume this weekend.

The Hobby King Australia warehouse is scheduled to swing into action in about 8 weeks! Remember, You heard it here first!

(07-06-2010, 11:28 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  The Hobby King Australia warehouse is scheduled to swing into action in about 8 weeks! Remember, You heard it here first!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS THE BEST NEWS EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Here is a graphic representation of how the HobbyKing shipping system is working at the moment Paranoid

[Image: e035a08e616468d1b0500bc12dcc11e9.gif]
[Image: e035a08e616468d1b0500bc12dcc11e9.gif]

Hey Kieran

I own one of these... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlX6gvU4PA

slowly peice by peice as I can afford it I will put it together. Do you think this motor is alright(?) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=6674&Product_Name=KD36-60-08L_3000kv_Brushless_Inrunner maybe I should go for a less kv motor?

Yes, they're expecting a gearbox on an inrunner. Not something you want to bother with

I recommend:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=4910 - 35-48A

A 60amp or 80amp speedy depending on how you want it to ultimately perform

This is the same motor in my Siren, the difference is that you're gonna run it on 3S with whatever capacity fits (Apparently 2200 is fine).

This will give it nice performance and when you're ready to step up to the big leagues you can drop 4S in it!

Also highly recommend you get a decent prop setup from Peter: http://www.flyelectric.com/
You want
Spinner & Centrepiece to match nose diameter
Prop adaptor to match shaft (4mm)
13x6 Blades

It'll cost a little bit but its worth it

Have a read on this thread on RCG: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938695 Lots of people suggesting you take extra steps to beef up the wing as the out of the box design is weak.

thanks Kieran I'll try that :-)

Does anyone have a rough idea on what your basic small digital servo draws.
I have 9 of the little suckers in my Su 47 and am trying to work out what size BEC I need to supply enough power to stop brown outs.
I was going to put a 5 amp BEC in, I am pretty sure that it will be enough but if anyone has any suggestions, there is an 8amp one that is a little bigger that I could use but it will be a real hack job to fit in the aircraft not to mention the extra weight ???

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(19-07-2010, 06:31 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Does anyone have a rough idea on what your basic small digital servo draws.
I have 9 of the little suckers in my Su 47 and am trying to work out what size BEC I need to supply enough power to stop brown outs.
I was going to put a 5 amp BEC in, I am pretty sure that it will be enough but if anyone has any suggestions, there is an 8amp one that is a little bigger that I could use but it will be a real hack job to fit in the aircraft not to mention the extra weight ???

Hi Gary

I did a watt meter Test with my servo tester and watt meter unit hooked up together on a 5.4 volts supply on a 9 gram small Digital Servo i Have

Results Below -
0.19 amps (190 ma) at 5.33 volts at no load test

Test Then Done holding back servo arm causing a load to servo but servo arm still moving.

Results Below -
.64 amps (640 ma) at 5.19 volts (THIS IS A LOAD TEST RESULT)

Hope this Helps as true readings are always different especially on load
Don't always believe specs on web as they are normally no load tests.

SO USE THE FOLLOWING
.64 X ( no of Servos) = Amps TOTAL if all ran at same time under LOAD

Eg .64 x 5 servos = 3.2 Amps IF All were on Load But Normally not all would be on extreme load but this would be worst case scenario

Hope This Helps

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Try binding one up completely though and watch the amps go up. A hung servo can be very bad news.

Thanks guys
I guess 8 amp BEC it is !!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(20-07-2010, 09:36 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Try binding one up completely though and watch the amps go up. A hung servo can be very bad news.

Just Did a binding up of the Digital servo above that i used for testing and max ma draw was 720 MA holding it from moving for about 10 secs.

I guess it all depends on the type of servos as some motors are not very strong while others are, you may find the strong motors will end up stripping plastic gears and draw more milliamps on bind up.

PLEASE NOTE LIBERTARIANS, NO SERVOS WERE INJURED DURING TESTING AND WERE FREE TO TURN ALL THEY LIKE AFTER WARDS Biggrin

There In Stock and Heaps of them how quick will they go ? (873)

DSM/2 Compatible Parkflyer 2.4Ghz Receiver

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=12586

Steve Smile

Just ordered 5, if anyone misses out, I'll probably sell a few.

--Edit--
150 gone in 30 mins! They wont last the evening!

I've just ordered 2 for evaluation.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

570 Left,

You can see how many they have left here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking_api.asp?id=12586&switch=1

Only 281 left at 9:40pm tonight

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

65Smile

Another 500!

(23-07-2010, 01:39 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Another 500!

I reckon they were holding out on everyone so to give a chance to the ones who missed out

Mine are here Smile they come with no heat shrink sleeve over it, i guess its DIY

Now That Looks Better with some Heat Shrink on, I used some 34mm Diameter Heat Shrink i had Floating Around in the Truck.
Could get away with 30mm i Reckon.

Hey Kieran
Just letting you know that the Servos I have on back order are finally back in stock.
Just a friendly reminder. Im sure you already have them on the way.
Thanks

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Just received the HK July electronic newsletter (I guess most of us would have ...), there are a couple of interesting points ...

1. They've hired a warehouse manager and expect to start AU operations next month (we knew that was coming, but it's good to see confirmed).
2. They've signed a deal with a manufacturer to roll out 37 new models over the next 18 months! (just hope they're not all foamies).
3. They've hired "Cindy" a model (this is the flesh-and-blood type of "model") to show off the wares - with the promise that we'll "see more of her in the coming months!". I do hope so Wink

Steve Murray

yes three very good points you make Smile
i look forward to seeing how this Aus warehouse works out.. Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Do you know what has happened to the HobbyKing website? It is down a lot recently.

Hi Colin,
Think it might be a problem at your end.
I've been going into the Hobby King website everyday sometimes
3 or 4 times a day never had any problems.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6