Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

HobbyKing Group Orders - Discussion

just looking , bob and ingo you guys will need to just go into the hobbyking website and refind the items you are after and post the hobbyking links instead of the hobbyking links you guys have posted , for reference you can check how chrism's links look compared to yours..
hobbyking and hobbyking website looks identical but kieren only orders from hobbyking ... :?

perhaps it might be a good idea for everybody to delete their link in their favorites on their computers and replace it with the hobbyking website for when they are looking for parts.. :ugeek:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_index.asp

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to throw a little foot stamping tanty soon Icon_evil

Hi Kieran,

I came back today. Did you get my email about the missing ESC for the Durafly Cessna? Maybe you can follow up with them when you place the order this time. Thank you!

Colin

Yep, will contact them tomorrow morning

Gday All

Any idea when the goods that Colin picked up will be available, I need to get onto my heatshrinking ASAP so I can shoot my iron to Kev?

Cheers
Rob B

K,

I realise I probably missed the ordering. Saturday will be my last day down at the club this year so the next order round will be fine for me.

Drew.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

Ok, an item for discussion:

I'm noticing a trend with the exchange rate always being poor on a Sunday Night/Monday morning when I'm placing the group orders. Traditionally we do the orders on Sunday as it means the order will arrive during the following week but we're losing a few cents in the exchange rate as a result. What do people prefer?

-Order and arrive before the next flying weekend?
-A bit more mileage on our dollar?

I must say I'm sorry I didn't pick it up sooner but after last nights dismal exchange rate courtesy of Paypal, I'm thinking people might prefer more value over convenience?

Please chime in with comments/suggestions!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

K,

It doesn't bother me waiting an extra week to get hold of bits. However, if it is only worth a few cents for extra inconvenience to you to play the currency markets, I don't think you should bother.

D.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260

Hi Kieran,

The wait doesn't bother me as orders are irregular anyway - Go for the BEST value for money.

All adds up in the end learn to save the cents & dollars will look after themselves.

All the best

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Wait doesn't bother me either.
If I really need something fast I can always order it myself and pay the premium.
I'm happy to wait most of the time.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Basically means we'll move to a wednesday cycle, break something on saturday/sunday, order on wednesday, fly something else next saturday/sunday, get goodies!

yeh wednesday cycle seams cool to me

Hi Kieran,
I'm for the Wednesday order in order to achieve the best exchange rate, only if it is doesn't inconvenience you.

Chris M

I'm also happy with Wednesday. Thanks for your efforts & insight.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hobby King are advertising this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=7895

Anyone got any opinions as to if they are any good?
Kieran, any idea what the postage on this would be? It says it's 3300g

Thanks
Mick

P.S. Not sure if I should have posted into this thread. Sorry if I stuffed up!

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Nope, perfect place for this question.
You're looking at about $130 landed depending on the exchange rate. A quick way to judge costs is "Weight x 0.02" or 3300 x 0.02 = $66AU
Our shipping averages out to around 2c a gram. A quick note while the sale is on and stocks last, I can get it for $59.99US

The glider itself is alright, Bob has the HobbyKing one and Stephen B has a similar model. Stephen got his from ebay for around the same price give or take a few $
Out of the box, it flies ok but you don't have extra power to pull yourself out of trouble as you do with a T28. You will notice a difference in build quality (Cheap!)

I reckon you wouldn't have any trouble flying it, everything happens much slower and is perfect for just gliding around with if that's what you are after. Its a good candidate for chucking a bigger motor/esc in and hotting up a bit as well but the most fun with these things is switching off and hunting for thermals.

I've just stuck in an order for some covering and CF rod as both need a long tube packaging. It'd be great if someone else decided to order some long stuff so we could share the packaging overhead.

K. I'm prepared to wait a couple of cycles if you know of someone thinking of a new plane or similar packaging requirements.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
                                  HK Extra 260

You're in semi luck, I'm thinking of ordering a plane!

Hi Drew,
I've added some rods to my order too.
Maybe we'll get lucky and have others join us.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

At this stage, I'll probably post the order tomorrow or monday. I'll be away when it arrives but one of you guys can pick it up. This will probably be our last chance before the Chinese new year madness

Hi Kieran, Since people are ordering carbon rod I've added a few to my order as well. I've noticed my list is getting a bit big and includes a couple of planes. I've deleted the planes, I'll get them later.

Once again thanks for all your effort.

KevinB

Gday All

Wondering if I could get some advice here, I have just inherited a Hobby Zone Super Cub however it still has the brushed gearboxed crap motor Esc etc etc.What would be a good Hobby King motor to power it? I do not require a "Vella" Space Shuttle climb rate. Only other requirements are no bell motors (hate em) and hopefully cheap as chips.

Cheers
Rob Byrnes

A Turnigy 35-30 of some description is for you.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=3885
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=2141

30 or 40amp Turnigy Plush ESC.

Pick your kv and prop for desired performance.

Hi Rob,
Just to add to what Kieran has just said.
My Gunfighter is now using the 3530c 1100Kv Motor and I'm very happy with that.
Don't know what your plane weight but for a guide my Mustang is around 900grms.
If you go with either of the motors that Kieran mentions I reckon it should go
like a rocket.
For esc I'd recommend at least a Turnigy 40amp plush or sentry.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Shhh, he doesn't want rocket performance! But they're your best bet. Swing a nice large but shallow prop and it'll fly forever!

Very Tongue in Cheek reply from RB

Gday Paul (Getting crazier) and Kieran (Known and Certified Power Loony)

That is one hell of a motor for a teeny cub, as a comparison my glider drew a max of 16 amps on a 9*6 prop and is easily double (if not more than) the weight of the cub and flew very well (Don't laugh Kieran). Lol

To have the cub drawing close to 30 odd amps on a 9*5 seems to be serious overkill? Shock
Are you sure a 35mm motor is required here?
Here is what "Larry" on the HK review had to say:

I put this motor on my 35oz (stock is 25oz) modified HobbyZone Super Cub with a 8x4E APC prop, Turnigy 40 amp Plush controller, ABF 3S 2200 lipo.
9 to 11 minute flight times, depending on how many full throttle bursts.
Super Cub will darn near hover, and is real fast. Too much motor for application, but fun to fly!! I like the included 6mm shaft prop adapter and spinner.

I think this motor may be too much, happy to familiarise you with the "Too Much" concept Kieran as I know your vocab does not encompass such things. Wink
Oddly enough I had slated one of these motors to go into my new glider as they do get very good write ups re reliability etc etc.

Actually.....stuff it, i'll just bolt the Eflite 46 on and go Siren Hunting, watch out Vella.... i'm comin to git you sucka. Lol

Seriously though, thanks for the advice, I couldn't resist the stir up above!!!!!
Cheers
Rob Byrnes

Heh, the key here is throttle management. Its the best motor for the job and I was thinking more of a 11/12 in prop that was very shallow, would give you a stack of thrust but no speed and a nice low amp draw. If you let me know soon enough, I have an order to place that can have a motor on its way tonight.

Now we know you are secretly scared of raw horse power, I do have a spare Bell motor that will fly the cub quite nicely, but it might make it break 20knots, just a heads to be ready for the speeeeed! Lol

flat stick with some up elevator and into a strong breeze and this little beauty should get you airbourne... :ugeek:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=2104

on 3s a 9x5 will pull 14amps and produce 700 grams of thrust , im not sure what your cub weighs... anyways just a thought.

side note: dad your mustang uses the 35-36 1100kv not 35-30.. it would rip wings off cub.. Smile awesome Icon_twisted

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Keep in mind the Supercub wants a nimh battery, gearbox & brushed motor up the front, You need a larger motor to compensate for balance.

I have a Scorpion 3020-12 (http://www.bmkdesigns.net/Scorpion-3020 ... r-199.html) with a 55A speedy on my 2Kg trainer spinning an 11x7 prop. This tugs my brick around the sky well but would soon turn your cub into a Vella-rocket Smile.

I eat the amps so fast, I only get 5mins flying time on a 2200. I've gotta loose some weight and drag to stay up longer.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
                                  HK Extra 260