Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

F4U Corsair !!!!!! FMS

http://sydneyrcjets.com.au/landing-gear-...n301-p-233

i have found a place in sydney that sell them , anybody used this mob ? are they reliable . ????
are they the same retracts as the ones above . ???

^^^^^^^^^^^ WELL I ORDERED THEM through this site . i hope they come . . i also had to change a failed servo on the door opener . so this plane will be in the hanger waiting for parts over the next week . incidently today the retracts were removed and unavailable from the U.S site . SO RC JETS WAS MY ONLY OPTION .

OH AND I REMOVED THE 2 BLADE 16X6 PROP and fitted the 3 blade 14x7 prop . 860 watts at 44 amps peak a little less than the 2 blader .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Hi Frank,
RC Jets is where I purchased my FMS P40, they have an old factory unit at Hornsby. I found them most obliging as I wanted it quickly and they let you save on postage and handling if you order on line and pick up from their unit.
When I picked it up they were testing the first of the FMS F4U's plus they hand a good number of spares for FMS planes and were happy to do counter sales on the spares. This was about 12 months ago now and they had only recently opened up for business.

I think you will get your parts in a timely manner provided that they have them in stock and don't have to wait for the importer to provide the parts.

Cheers
Chris
Sad 

well they sent the wrong ones . they sent a full landing gear set for a much bigger Lanxsiang corsair .
i emailed them asking them how on earth they can do that , and they replied by phone straight away with an apoligy , and promising to send the correct ones out tomorrow , with a return paid postage box for the other items .
i was gritting teeth , but i guess if its going to be put right straight away , i'll have to comply .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

patience !! paaatience !! paaaaaatience Biggrin

just have to have a rant and a whinge !!!! . this FMS corsair is a beautiful airframe , however i had to up the power to 5S and a different prop to suit 5S . as 4S was simply underpowered , the retracts and closing doors are complete rubbish , the worm drives bend on anything other than a light landing , which they did . I ORDERED NEW RETRACT replacements from RC JETS , for FMS planes only to be given the wrong ones which i had to send back , and get the right ones . the right ones ( replacement retracts) arent the same , slightly longer with different length hubs , so i had to cut the hub shafts down , and modify the wheel thickness to suit , then i had to modiufy the moding in the wing to take the extra 5mm length of the new replacement FMS retract , of course shortly after i did this the door servo failed , i was lucky to have a replacement 9g servo with a long lead from a written off stinger , surly enough the other door servo failed also overheating which suggests a faulty sequencer or door travel adjustment , whilst this happened the new retract also went out in sympathy , so now i have modified the one retrract i have left to right handed and replaced the shaft back to the origional shaft which was in the old origional retract and a new door servo with long lead . it better FFFFFFFFFFF N work this time or the whole thing i will take joy in running over with my car .
PNF stuff can be both great yet dismal at the same time .

You obviously missed the brief on FMS aircraft Frank, Yes, they are beautiful airframes, Yes, they fly beautifully, and YES the electronics packages that come with said beautiful aircraft are absolute rubbish.
My FMS T28 is one of my favorite aircraft, but in order to turn it into a RELIABLE aircraft I had to replace pretty much everything....
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

It was good to see it flying today anyway 'tipper - it looked great in the air and the 5S configuration seems to be on the money.

KevB has one (unassembled just yet) but he'll probably wanna pick your brains when it comes to tweaking the power train. Jason mentioned to me that he didn't think you were using the stock prop, so we'll have to get some details on the one you did settle on when you went up a cell.

It looked good though - plenty of presence!

Steve Murray

well i fitted a 14x7 APC 3 BLADED PROP . As if you run the standard 14x8 4 blade prop you'll draw too much current on 5s .
There is a 3 bladed HUB , in the KIT . I should of tried that but i forgot about it before i ordered the 14x7 apc . I'm using . 5s 3000mah 20c zippies , and they are perfect for C OF G , if pushed forward as far as they will go .
I love the plane , but the retracts catch me out a lot , they are not great , and he might be best off replacing hatch door servos with HXT900's straight up . when he builds i have a few tips about the retracts he might need to know .

Im now flying my FMS Trogan on 5S 4000 25C and I'm spinning a 13 x 8 x 3 blade Master airscrew and it draws 42 amps static so I recon our aircraft have the same motor for sure. So if you wanted to get a bit more pull and touch more speed you can try my 13 x8 x 3 if you like Frank!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Tongue 

not a bad idea Gary , it's a MASTERSCREW 14x7 , by the way , the only reason i bought it from HK was the 13x8's were out of stock , and whats worse i just made another HK order , and what did i do , Forgot about a 13x8 PROP. DANG !!!Lol

Hobbies in the Hills has a pretty good range of 3 blade Master airscrew Props, Ive bought my last 3 props from them for around $12

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

running out of ideas with this plane , flies beautiful , and ive just managed to fly it scale like . really enjoyed the 3 flights today , but the retracts collapse and drop the nose .
I'm at my witts end with these retracts , which i have to replace/repair after every days flying .
Today tried many landingS , 1/2 speed , stall, soft , the grass needs a mow , but it ain't that long , even on take off the retracts are retracting . The plane is perfect , but the retracts , are letting it down ,
I have no ideas left , i may have to put it in the hanger , or it will live a short life .