Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Airplane Challenges

robair Wrote:I intend to have the Cub complete and at the field this weekend, however as Darren is at Temora I may not fly it, depends upon the weather. If it is good oh I will fly, if not, wait for Darren!

Cheers
Rob B

Hey Rob,
wondering if the cub will be making any appearances at the field this saturday... :?:

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Gday Kev

I am hoping to get her down this weekend however I am not entirely sold on the fact that I have her optimally balanced.
She was made for an IC engine so I have had to do the electric conversion without any resources to back me up.
This involved a modified engine mount and also some juggling with lead routing etc etc.
Right now I am about 90% satisified however need to be 110% satisified, I have no intention of giving Darren a "dog" to maiden.
Speaking of which I will need his guidance for the last push to airworthiness.

The biggest obstacle is the sheer size of the thing, it is not easy to work on and it has made me really think about having large aircraft.

Cheers
Rob B

hey thats a great picture of your fleet there Rob!

and dont be disheartened by the challenges of building her mate , from what i see you have an awesome bird there mate..
all the work and effort that has gone into her will be well worth it when you see her soaring! i cant wait and im just a spectator i can imagine how you feel..
hey looks like a couple of other planes you have there that need a fly also! Lol

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Gday Kev

Thanks for the fleet feedback, I am chipping away at getting them all airworthy however being totally pedantic about motor choices etc etc.
I will get over this one day and give Hobby King a good beating.
Not disheartened at all in regards to the Cub, I have made a couple of mistakes along the way however I have learnt from them which is all good.
She is going to be a sweet machine to fly and I am really looking forward to Darren handing her over post maiden with a big smile on his face.
I will then endeavour not to destroy her via the dumb thumb method.

Cheers
Rob B

Was giving the Funjet a Once over and Checking prop balance and notice that my last flight this morning at field
i was actually moving quite fast.

Attached Files
.gif Speed Reader 2.gif Size: 75.39 KB  Downloads: 108

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Speed Read Today on Funjet

Biggrin

Attached Files
.gif 10102009-new.gif Size: 82.9 KB  Downloads: 102

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I have been keen on doing something like this for some Time and Decided to Google if some one done this, Not realizing that there is FAI Australian RC Records been done.

Going To Keep up My Rc Flight Practice Up and Start my Concept Plane Build for the event and maybe not too far in the distant future will Tackle this Challenge.

All Help welcomed as hoping a team effort would be fun.
One thing i noticed i would do differently is hire a convertible and sit in back seat i think that would be easier to see rather than through the windscreen of front of car.

Record 1
No. : 174 : Distance to goal and return : 54.3 km

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/ ... 60704.html

Steve Smile

That sounds like fun. If you want to fly, I'll drive Smile.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------