Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK PANTHER F9F

NEW EDF UNIT INSTALLED 68MM 4S 3580KV .

bench tested at 1005 watts peak , setting to about 880 w 66 amp peak , constant 60amp. i'm so glad the factory fitted a 70amp esc instead of the advertised 60amp esc .
should be good for upto 4 minutes of safe flying .
balances out at 65mm C of G , instead of the manuals 75mm , ( which is wrong ) rc threads are saying 62 to 65mm is correct for this panther .

WHAT DIFFERENCES DID I NOTICE .
to look at the edf units factory 3S 68MM 4370KV 500W 5 BLADE looks exactly the same as the 4S 68MM 3580 KV 880W 5 BLADE SYSTEM . turning the blades by hand the factory motor is very loose , where as the 4s motor is notchy showing strong magnets . thrust wise they sound the same , and only about 10% more thrust at a a guess . the 4s unit will hover stationary and with a little verticle throw it will climb , where as the 3s was just shy of this .
both the edf units are made by lander . the 4s 4000mah compact battery still requires 60 grams of lead under the nose cone to get the 65mm C OF G . 4500MAH 4S COMPACT MIGHT NEGATE THE NEED FOR LEAD .

AS per usual . i have noticed that factory PNF units are under powered and struggle on full throttle for power to weight . i dont know why they do this . 4s Should be standard for this , and 5s/ 6s as an upgrade .
Time to gop and see how it flies . hopefully hand launching might be a fair bet now .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

OK , MODDING THE STABILIZER was a huge failure as the incidence was out , lining it up seemed to make it worse with lifting its nose . the - now prototype broke clean in 2 today .
so it hotmelted up well , and the blow molded nose cone replacement is a $1 piece of conical foam .
i reversed my initial mod , and added some stabalizer incidence the 1st mod was lowering the stabaliser leading edge 4mm , which failed and exagerated the existing nose lifting problem , now the leading edge has been lifet 7mm in total , thats 3mm higher than it was stock , hopefully this puppy will now hold its nose down and i may be able to take some lead out of the nose and increase the C OF G .
this problem is charactoristic of the LANDER PANTHER , to date no fix has been acheived , some have covered the cheater hole cover on the lower fuse ,brought the C OF G 13MM FORWARD over suggested C OF G and then ran down trim to compensate and cut hole intakes on the topside . no one that i know of has changed the angle of the stabilizer incidence .
it is now at mk4 , and counting .
after i raised the leading edge of the stabaliser today i noticed the wing leading edge also appears higher than the trailing edge compaired to the centre axis of the fuselage .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Latest mods to get this thing flight setup correctly . rc group threads suggest that most own 3 lander panthers before they get one right . i can atest to this as it is now configured MK4 , And been glued up 3 times with a motor and battery upgrade as well .
prototype mk4 . unknown whether i will replace this model as yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hey that's looking much better !!
Nice repair Job Frank!!!

Were you tempted to block the cheater holes off under the fuse and put them in the top side?

I think you've got it just about sorted now

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

well im tempted to put some into the topside as well . but 1st i'll see if it's flyable .