Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hanger 9 P51D Mustang 150

Bad news tax dodgers, the Hanger 9 Blue Nose P51 that I ordered a month ago dissapeared in transit and the Australian warehouse is out of stock until late January. So after some swearing followed by some carefully calculated deliberation, that actually hurt my brain, if have gone up, just a tad in size... I mean shit I was gonna build a big Mustang so I thought why not build a bloody huge Mustang.

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default...ID=HAN4050

At a little over 2 meters in wing span this thing is the ducks guts... I have not set anything in concrete at this stage but will probably run it on a Hacker A 60-16M on 10S or an Eflite Power 160 on 12S. Either way it will tear up the sky.

Typical Hanger 9... everything I have read, says nothing but great things about its quality and flight characteristics.

It will probably weight in a touch under 8 kgs flight weight so I will be speaking to Darren in the near future re my Large model endorsement as well as having all the boxes ticked during the build.

Hobbies in the Hills expect it in by the end of next week, although I dont expect to have it in the air before the end of Summer... its gonna end up an expensive piece of hardware by the time it actually takes off...

Gazz

PS: Brand new Eflite Dueces Wild in unopened box for sale... Call me!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Woww!! That is Huge Gaz !!

You might want to wait till I get the new G160 going in the blue Yak and see if you reckon it's worth going that way.

The only things I did to it were grout the magnets in with west Systems Epoxy and west systems micro fiber blend filler then balanced the rotor. It's not much mork compaired to the difference in price and I reckon this one will be bullet proof on 12S .........I'm certainly going to give it some stick Wink

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Double impressive.... Shock I was unaware of that plan B, Gaz...

... and please don't tell me the asking price for that Deuce's Wild, or I'll have another carrot sitting in the corner of my back room.

Or you can, if you like.... Upset

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Very Nice Gazz. I've always been fond of the P51 and reading through the info, it mentioned that this one is an upgrade of a discontinued smaller version that I remember finding on the internet a while back. I watched a promotional video of it (nitro powered) and thought it was a shame that it was no longer available. Good to see they've come back with a bigger, better model.
I've got a balsa P51 myself which I bought from Kieran (originally built by Darren from scratch). Shell only at this stage - need to decide on a few things concerning Flaps mod, retracts and sourcing a cowl before completing the build. No where near the size of yours at 1.55m wingspan, 3 - 3.5Kg flying weight & 1350Watt SK3 motor, but big enough for me & no where near the scary budget of yours!
Looking forward to seeing yours - very cool!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(11-10-2012, 10:29 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Woww!! That is Huge Gaz !!

You might want to wait till I get the new G160 going in the blue Yak and see if you reckon it's worth going that way.

The only things I did to it were grout the magnets in with west Systems Epoxy and west systems micro fiber blend filler then balanced the rotor. It's not much mork compaired to the difference in price and I reckon this one will be bullet proof on 12S .........I'm certainly going to give it some stick Wink

I will probably end up with the Hacker Jason, you know me and Hackers
The A60-16M is 3000 Watt max and 215 kv on 10S and can spin a 20 x 10 with ease. But as I said I'm still working on the power plant.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Geez Gaz...that is a serious size Mustang.
I think you need a bigger Van....Biggrin

I had my eyes on this P-38 2.5m on ebay.. but at around 14Kg... oh..god .no
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310467934692?...K:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Did a deal this week with a mate from work that is a absolute RC nut ... but a great bloke!
You will never meet anyone like this man. He has a box of NEW motors at home that has over $12000 worth of BRAND NEW Scorpions and E flites in it ...
So I swaped him a my Eflite Deuces Wild for an Eflite Power 160 + $200.
So the spare DW is gone ... but the big Mustang cometh !

Here is a blurry pics of me with my new best friend

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

wow . i thought the one you flew last weekend with the 4 bladed prop was awesome , sure this one will look great in the air with it's size .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

HUMONGOUS

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci