Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HobbyKing Red Brick 60 amp ESC problem

Hi All,
Having a small problem with a HobbyKing Red Brick 60A ESC that I'm useing in my EPP FPV.

First, I'm using an AR7000 Rx, the one that came with my DX7 in this plane. I have a separate UBEC hooked up to a battery to power the RX and servos and a separate battery hooked up to the ESC.

I have bound the RX to the DX7 and the Servo's move in response to stick commands - all good, however the ESC won't initialise.

Here is the process I'm using:
1: Turn On Tx
2: Hook up Rx battery.
- Rx light lights up, servo's jump.
- If I move sticks, Servo's move in responce
3: plug in ESC battery
- ESC goes boop-bar-beep and then pauses for approx 5 or 6 seconds
- it then starts going boop-bar-beep pause boop-bar-beep over and over again. No other response from ESC or motor regardless of what I do.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causeinbg this problem or what I should be checking.
Thanks
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

have you tried , trimming the throttle down , it might be on throttle even though the stick is fully down . also . check your channel to see if the throttle is not reversed .
usually the ESC IS A DUD when this happens . ive came across 2 faulty escs in 6 months .

if that fails , turn your transmitter on 1st with throttle on full , then the rx and esc , wait 30 seconds and pull throttle back to stop , and trim down . it might work then .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I wouldn't trust anything labelled Hobbyking, sorry.

(07-09-2012, 01:30 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  have you tried , trimming the throttle down , it might be on throttle even though the stick is fully down . also . check your channel to see if the throttle is not reversed .
usually the ESC IS A DUD when this happens . ive came across 2 faulty escs in 6 months .

if that fails , turn your transmitter on 1st with throttle on full , then the rx and esc , wait 30 seconds and pull throttle back to stop , and trim down . it might work then .

Franks On The Money I rekon, good call, That is what i would be checking first Too Throttle subtrim if need be.

I been Using and abusing Hobbyking Esc's since day one and been very happy with them overall for price and quality, But like everything you can get duds ocasionally.

Fyi
Reversing Polarity normally does no damage as remember Guy's + Pin is in center so reversing only swaps signal and neg which is like a fail safe design that does not send voltage to wrong pins.

Steve Smile

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll give those a try and get back to you with the results.

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.